Jez Corden: Multiple aquisitions by microsoft xbox failed/stopped because of ABK

:mjgrin: Only a matter of time now before Phil gets fired and they shut down the console division. I don’t see any way forward for them now that this acquisition has been blocked. They put all their eggs into the ABK deal basket.

Sales down 30% while PS5 is breaking records, their two biggest exclusives this year run at 30fps and basically all the multiplats run worse than the PS5. Xbox is a total disaster this gen. Just when lemshits thought the worst was behind them with XB1 this gen has become far worse than the XB1 generation:cruise:

Xbox's management is the dunning-kruger effect in progress. :mj: It's amazing these people still have jobs. Literally have not produced anything meaningful for 14 years.

Edited by lynux3
  • dead 1

But the gaming press has been praising Phil Spencer nonstop for 10 years ever since he replaced Don Mattrick. He's a "real gamer"... he "gets it"... this kind of manipulative shit, but where are the games? This is still the same Xbox that cancelled Scalebound, except now they can barely make Halo.

• Upvote 1
  • Geese 1

Its kinda sucks that the Embracer Group bought out those studios from Square Enix.

I think there's a very good chance that Sony passed on that because they didn't want to look bad while this whole regulatory review was going on.

Its Square Enix selling the Tomb Raider IP, and Deus Ex, and Legacy of Kain, AND Eidos Montreal, which is genuinely one of the better dev studios this past decade.

For $300 million dollars, that is an amazing steal of a price.

You don't think Square-Enix wouldn't have let Sony be the first company they offer to sell it to? Returning Tomb Raider back to the Playstation, where it originally got popular?

Instead, its in the hands of this relatively unknown investment group. WHo knows how much of a shit they'll give to have studios release new games of those IPs. I hope Embracer just holds onto those assets for a short while, and then offers to flip them for a decent profit.

• Upvote 1

I dont get how you could be a famboy of xbox its had literally nothing worthwhile since the end of the 360 era. Leings want to pretend Gamepass is the answer, but these same shills stuck with xbox even before Gamepass was a thing. When jonb was telling us crackdown 3 and scalebound would save the XBO.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mjgrin: Only a matter of time now before Phil gets fired and they shut down the console division. I don’t see any way forward for them now that this acquisition has been blocked. They put all their eggs into the ABK deal basket.

Sales down 30% while PS5 is breaking records, their two biggest exclusives this year run at 30fps and basically all the multiplats run worse than the PS5. Xbox is a total disaster this gen. Just when lemshits thought the worst was behind them with XB1 this gen has become far worse than the XB1 generation:cruise:

This has been one of cow's wildest dreams ever since the original Xbox 1.

Meanwhile Microsoft keeps releasing Xbox consoles, and grabbing franchises while cows get raped by Sony, and now all of their exclusives are going PC.

TCHBFR

9 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

This has been one of cow's wildest dreams ever since the original Xbox 1.

Meanwhile Microsoft keeps releasing Xbox consoles, and grabbing franchises while cows get raped by Sony, and now all of their exclusives are going PC.

TCHBFR

:mickeyj: What an epic meltdown.

He's now living out the 5 lemshit stages of grief with his boyfriend Cuckstz

Fq9yJpLX0AA7BnZ.thumb.jpg.fdb4fb5c0bf16c09ae7532039f299587.jpg

12 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mickeyj: What an epic meltdown.

He's now living out the 5 lemshit stages of grief with his boyfriend Cuckstz

Fq9yJpLX0AA7BnZ.thumb.jpg.fdb4fb5c0bf16c09ae7532039f299587.jpg

Meltdown how?

Because I am actually saying the truth.

Or are you going come here and say this is something new or recent?

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its kinda sucks that the Embracer Group bought out those studios from Square Enix.

I think there's a very good chance that Sony passed on that because they didn't want to look bad while this whole regulatory review was going on.

Its Square Enix selling the Tomb Raider IP, and Deus Ex, and Legacy of Kain, AND Eidos Montreal, which is genuinely one of the better dev studios this past decade.

For $300 million dollars, that is an amazing steal of a price.

You don't think Square-Enix wouldn't have let Sony be the first company they offer to sell it to? Returning Tomb Raider back to the Playstation, where it originally got popular?

Instead, its in the hands of this relatively unknown investment group. WHo knows how much of a shit they'll give to have studios release new games of those IPs. I hope Embracer just holds onto those assets for a short while, and then offers to flip them for a decent profit.

Supposedly Sony just wants the Japanese Square. I don't agree with that, I think the Eidos western teams would be great additions to PlayStation, especially for Hitman, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex. The founder of Eidos Montreal put it clearly:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/square-enixs-western-studios-were-a-train-wreck-in-slow-motion

Screenshot_20230430-105217.png