Final Fantasy XVI demo tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, Casual said:

I mean they're really just an assist mode. They're meant to break the game. They're the equivalent of an "easy mode".

So just don't use them. Would you play the game on easy? If not then why use these.

They're literally too good not to use.

Not using them doesn't make you "good", it just makes you stupid. A "good" player will recognize when a available tool is stronger and more effective than other tools. And these Accessories I'm talking about are way better than anything else.

That's my problem with them, they make everything else meaningless because why the fuck would I waste an Accessory slot on an inferior Accessory?

I'd rather they not exist to begin with.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m soooo sick of people complaining about games (and all forms of  entertainment) not having diversity. If devs want to have an all white, black or Asian cast…let them. Creative vision shouldn’t be c

I didn't get far into it but I think I played for close to a hour. Just going to post a few random thoughts   - The presentation can be quite good, especially during that big battle at the b

That article is from March.  They've been outraged since the game was announced.   In fact Eurogamer just made a new article about people boycotting FF16 because of it's lack of diversity an

Posted Images

Just now, madmaltese said:

Not touching the demo, i'll just wait for the full game. Hearing good things though. I'm very happy nearly all previews talking about how story really starts of strong. 

yeah, i know quite a few people who loved the demo. i'm definitely keeping my eye on this.

• Like 1

This game really needs some color. Hopefully that changes. Not really too interested in these characters yet, this demo is a slow burn.

Another game with small font too damn these devs either test on monitors or have perfect vision. 

I played up to the troll mini boss. The combat seems flashy enough but even on that boss there was multiple times i was just mashing X while he laid on the ground. Wondering how deep the combat gets.

Fun so far ima continue playing.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Sabo said:

They're literally too good not to use.

Not using them doesn't make you "good", it just makes you stupid. A "good" player will recognize when a available tool is stronger and more effective than other tools. And these Accessories I'm talking about are way better than anything else.

That's my problem with them, they make everything else meaningless because why the fuck would I waste an Accessory slot on an inferior Accessory?

I'd rather they not exist to begin with.

the only thing stupid is this take. again, if an easy mode exists are you stupid for not choosing it? this is no different. it's meant for people with handicaps and shit.

5 hours ago, Casual said:

the only thing stupid is this take. again, if an easy mode exists are you stupid for not choosing it? this is no different. it's meant for people with handicaps and shit.

You literally have no clue what artifacts I'm even talking about, do you?

This is also completely different from a Difficulty setting. The artifacts I'm talking about are basically endgame quality gear. They're the type of gear you would expect to be rewards from clearing a Super Dungeon or defeating a Super Boss. These artifacts are powerful as hell and you don't even have to earn that power. The game just GIVES them to you.

For an Action game, it's a goddamn joke these artifacts even exist. For a JRPG, its beyond stupid that I get to start the game with gear this OP. It's a failure on both fronts.

Why not just let players start with a fuckin' Ultimate Weapon at this point? Clearly the game doesn't give a shit about a balanced character progression. You know, one of the main cores of an RPG where the whole point is to watch your character slowly build up in power. 

But nah, fuck that. Just jump straight to the finish line.

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Sabo said:

You literally have no clue what artifacts I'm even talking about, do you?

This is also completely different from a Difficulty setting. The artifacts I'm talking about are basically endgame quality gear. They're the type of gear you would expect to be rewards from clearing a Super Dungeon or defeating a Super Boss. These artifacts are powerful as hell and you don't even have to earn that power. The game just GIVES them to you.

For an Action game, it's a goddamn joke these artifacts even exist. For a JRPG, its beyond stupid that I get to start the game with gear this OP. It's a failure on both fronts.

Why not just let players start with a fuckin' Ultimate Weapon at this point? Clearly the game doesn't give a shit about a balanced character progression. You know, one of the main cores of an RPG where the whole point is to watch your character slowly build up in power. 

But nah, fuck that. Just jump straight to the finish line.

I played the demo, I know exactly what artifacts you're talking about.

They're in there as fucking assists. The game literally spells that out for you. It's for people not comfortable with action game combat who want to be able to get through the story. It's not the games fault you're a fucking moron with no self control to not use them.

Why are you talking about Final Fantasy as if it's some achievement to make it through the game? These games are a joke to get through anyway.

Edited by Casual
17 hours ago, Casual said:

I played the demo, I know exactly what artifacts you're talking about.

They're in there as fucking assists. The game literally spells that out for you. It's for people not comfortable with action game combat who want to be able to get through the story. It's not the games fault you're a fucking moron with no self control to not use them.

Why are you talking about Final Fantasy as if it's some achievement to make it through the game? These games are a joke to get through anyway.

I know what they're there for and what their original intention is. My issue is they went way overboard with them. They're not balanced at all, there was zero consideration or thought put into implementing them and how they would effect the overall balance of the game. There isn't even a penalty for using them to try to discourage you (Lower XP, Gil, Item Drop Rate, or etc.).

Why the hell would I waste my time with Defense/Status Resistance/Debuff Resistance acessories when I can just equip a Ring that will auto-dodge everything?

Why the hell would I equip some Bangle that gives me +15 STR when I can equip a Ring that will literally slow down time the moment an enemy tries to attack me?

Why the hell should I even consider a Healer or White Magic when I can equip a Ring that auto-heals?

It's not about difficulty, its about game design. These accessories are so good they end up going beyond their intended purpose and can influence decision making or just straight up cannibalize other aspects of the game. That's just plain bad game design. Period.

But whatever, I've said enough about this and don't really want to continue this conversation. I'm apparently the only person in the world who actually sees the problem with the way these fuckin things were implemented.

"DUUURRR, BU-BUH THEN JUST DUN USE 'EM THO"

.... That's not even close to a good argument and you completely missed the point.

Edited by Sabo

So there was this article that came out and said how the demo seemed to be a bit of a viral hit with people, and has caused this game to increase in hype and positive impressions.

Looks like it was a clever piece of marketing, the old fashioned way, from the people at Square and at Sony.

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

So is it good or not? :face:

I need to go back to it. Apparently after beating the initial part of the demo there's another part from deeper into the game that gets unlocked, and it gives you more skills and other options when it comes to that combat. So that could alleviate some of my concerns with it.

But everything else about the game is really good, even if the combat is the one weakness.

• Upvote 1

Watched a bit of the prologue on youtube.  Looks epic!

Apparently SE has gone back on their word that there wont be a day 1 patch.. they're now saying that there will be performance improvements and the ability to turn off the terrible motion blur.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Of course, people are now outraged by the fact that the game is lacking minorities

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/1/23620217/final-fantasy-xvi-diversity-naoki-yoshida-interview

That article is from March.  They've been outraged since the game was announced.

In fact Eurogamer just made a new article about people boycotting FF16 because of it's lack of diversity and people are attacking Eurogamer for putting out that article because they themselves are basically all white people.

https://www.eurogamer.net/heres-why-some-players-plan-to-boycott-final-fantasy-16

• Haha 2
  • dead 1
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

That article is from March.  They've been outraged since the game was announced.

In fact Eurogamer just made a new article about people boycotting FF16 because of it's lack of diversity and people are attacking Eurogamer for putting out that article because they themselves are basically all white people.

https://www.eurogamer.net/heres-why-some-players-plan-to-boycott-final-fantasy-16

LOL thats pretty funny

I shouldn't be surprised though. These are probably the same clowns who complained because Kingdom Come Deliverance was also just made up of white people, even though that game's entire design was based around being a highly realistic interpretation of medieval Europe.

I’m soooo sick of people complaining about games (and all forms of  entertainment) not having diversity. If devs want to have an all white, black or Asian cast…let them. Creative vision shouldn’t be compromised to please cancel culture. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3