FTC sues Amazon

If my wife fucks around on my prime account I sometimes end up buying things with her credit card details or the wrong address or something, I immediately cancel it and reorder. Last week I did this twice in like 5 minutes.

I cancel shit all the time and never have an issue. :ben:

25 minutes ago, Cell said:

If my wife fucks around on my prime account I sometimes end up buying things with her credit card details or the wrong address or something, I immediately cancel it and reorder. Last week I did this twice in like 5 minutes.

I cancel shit all the time and never have an issue. :ben:

It's not about canceling an order... Lol

They're talking about canceling your prime account all together. 

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I just checked to see how hard the cancellation process was and it was easy and obvious as hell. :ben:

last time I cancelled a few months back it was easy, but before that they intentionally hid the cancellation link.

I think it varies per country/device too from stories im hearing

i thought it was about them being sneaky with signing you up for Prime before you even know, and they charged your card.

That's actually happened to me a couple of times in the checkout cart, the link where it says "Click to get free shipping" and JUST CLICK THAT link automatically signs you up for a year of prime, and then if you cancel, they only refund you 11 month back.

Holy shit, looks like America's regulatory agencies are really starting to wake up and go after logical things that are against the consumer.

FCC Proposes ‘All-In’ Pricing Requirements For Cable And Satellite Providers

Jessica-Rosenworcel-FCC.jpg?w=681&h=383&
FCC

The FCC outlined a proposal to require cable and satellite providers state from the outset the “all-in” price of their services, including such things as broadcast TV fees or regional sports surcharges.

The proposal comes amid a Biden administration push to tackle so-called junk fees on things such as concert and airline tickets, as well as banking fees.

FCC chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel said in a statement, “No one likes surprises on their bill.  The advertised price for a service should be the price you pay when your bill arrives, rather than hide a bunch of junk fees that are separate from the top-line service price.”

She said that the pricing requirement would make it easier for consumers to compare service providers.

“Not only would this proposal reduce cost confusion and make it easier for consumers to compare services, but it would also increase competition among cable and broadcast satellite providers through improved price transparency,” she said.

President Joe Biden endorsed the proposal, saying in a statement that “too often, these companies hide additional junk fees on customer bills disguised as ‘broadcast TV’ or ‘regional sports’ fees that in reality pay for no additional services.” He cited one report that the fees increase customer bills by nearly 25% of the base service price.

Last week, the White House hosted a group of ticketing industry executives, including those from Live Nation, as they unveiled voluntary “all in” pricing on concert and other event tickets.

The proposal will now go through a public review period of several months. The FCC is taking comments on the specifics of the proposal, existing government truth-in-billing requirements, marketplace practices and its legal authority to adopt the rules. The full commission would then have to vote on the proposal or any revised rules.

So they're going after Amazon's shady Prime membership practices, they're going after cable companies and forcing them to disclose the full billing price upfront, they're going after Ticketmaster to fully disclose their fees upfront, and also going after banking fees.

Not to mention straight up going after Microsoft to stop them from acquire Activision.

Very pleasant to hear them doing that stuff that they absolutely should be doing.

After sleeping for decades finally America is putting its greedy corporations in their place :aitch:

Now we just need the U.S courts to stop favouring the highest bidder and we're good :corns: