Todd Howard: Only 10% of Starfield's 1,000 planets have life on them.

That's 100 planets with life on them...:ben: 

Obviously not all planets will have life... that's not even close to realistic... and they've already stated the majority of planets are for resources among other things.  

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Obviously not all planets will have life... that's not even close to realistic... and they've already stated the majority of planets are for resources among other things.  

Yeah its actually good design, especially since it means there's an element of surprise when you discover a planet because you don't know if its going to have life or not.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah its actually good design, especially since it means there's an element of surprise when you discover a planet because you don't know if its going to have life or not.

It is, but that as a positive is also something that will only last for the first couple hours or sessions. After that it's just gonna be tedious dropping in planets to mine resources No Mans Sky style then traveling to other random planets. 

Things that sound cool or real very rarely translate to fun gaming. Usually same goes for games that incorporate eating, or realistic healing (think MGS3) or exercise (think GTA San Andreas), etc. Cool in theory and for first couple times, much less fun over time especially in games of this size. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It is, but that as a positive is also something that will only last for the first couple hours or sessions. After that it's just gonna be tedious dropping in planets to mine resources No Mans Sky style then traveling to other random planets. 

Things that sound cool or real very translate to fun gaming. Usually same goes for games that incorporate eating, or realistic healing (think MGS3) or exercise (think GTA San Andreas), etc. Cool in theory and for first couple times, much less fun over time especially in games of this size. 

I mean it could be boring if you think its boring. Or it could be a bunch of fun, space exploration. 

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

I mean it could be boring if you think its boring. Or it could be a bunch of fun, space exploration. 

For me it's definitely looking like it's gonna be boring. Found No Mans Sky boring, I hate all those giant realistic space games and this game seems far too big and random for my liking. Usually enjoy Bethesda games for exploring every little part of the specifically designed map and discovering everything they created in it but this just doesn't seem to be that at all. Still hoping it hits but the more and more I hear about it the less for me it seems to be. Maybe I just mainline the main quest. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

For me it's definitely looking like it's gonna be boring. Found No Mans Sky boring, I hate all those giant realistic space games and this game seems far too big and random for my liking. Usually enjoy Bethesda games for exploring every little part of the specifically designed map and discovering everything they created in it but this just doesn't seem to be that at all. Still hoping it hits but the more and more I hear about it the less for me it seems to be. Maybe I just mainline the main quest. 

Luckily its a massive RPG and not just doing NMS shit.

12 hours ago, Remij said:

yeah, all of them probably "pirates", "miners", and about 3 different animal creates.

I wonder how many "mining bases that have been overrun with space pirates and you just so happen to have landed when they were there" you will encounter throughout the game.:Jeff: