Cruise does it again.. Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One

I'm sure it will have things that will seem thrilling, right in the moment.

But these Tom Cruise MI movies are starting to lose scope. Its almost the same problem with Star Wars movies and it being based on the same 5 people in the entire universe.

There's nuclear bombs being stolen, and secret societies that are going to take everything over........and this entire time its just been like 4 or 5 people fighting against all of it?

Hell, Winter Soldier handled that in a more-believable manner.

MI: 3 was the best one.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

But these Tom Cruise MI movies are starting to lose scope. Its almost the same problem with Star Wars movies and it being based on the same 5 people in the entire universe.

There's nuclear bombs being stolen, and secret societies that are going to take everything over........and this entire time its just been like 4 or 5 people fighting against all of it?

Blah blah blah. Is there anything you do not complain about?

23 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I dont think i've ever seen one of these movies completely from start to finish.

They are fun but completely forgetable experiences. Only two of them I could bare to watch twice. Other than 2, they are all good movies. 

MI 3 is the only one I would  take the initiative to re-watch. It's probably the best one. The Renner and Cavill ones are pretty decent too. They all bleed together though. 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, lostfool said:

Blah blah blah. Is there anything you do not complain about?

I'm sorry, are you talking to me?

You must've hit the forum's quote button by accident, when you should've clicked on the Word file that opens up your own personal diary.

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm sorry, are you talking to me?

You must've hit the forum's quote button by accident, when you should've clicked on the Word file that opens up your own personal diary.

Do I need to call the waaaaahhhbulance for you?

On 2023-07-12 at 4:04 PM, jehurey said:

Mi 3 is the fucking worst!!  Actually no, 2 is the worst. But the first 3 are ass. 4-7 are all great action flicks. And hopefully this is the last one. 

10 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Mi 3 is the fucking worst!!  Actually no, 2 is the worst. But the first 3 are ass. 4-7 are all great action flicks. And hopefully this is the last one. 

Lol you have terrible taste in everything so of course you didn't like 3.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol you have terrible taste in everything so of course you didn't like 3.

:| It's fucking jj abrams and Alex Kurtzman mush brain quality. Of course you like it. It's also the 2nd worst reviewed out of the 7. And you say I have terrible taste? It's only redeeming quality was Philip Seymour Hoffman.  

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

They are fun but completely forgetable experiences. Only two of them I could bare to watch twice. Other than 2, they are all good movies. 

MI 3 is the only one I would  take the initiative to re-watch. It's probably the best one. The Renner and Cavill ones are pretty decent too. They all bleed together though. 

MI 4 was the best one so far. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke said:

:| It's fucking jj abrams and Alex Kurtzman mush brain quality. Of course you like it. It's also the 2nd worst reviewed out of the 7. And you say I have terrible taste? It's only redeeming quality was Philip Seymour Hoffman.  

It's 2005 JJ Abrams and to be fair, it's a good Hollywood story. Cruise saw the first 2 seasons of Alias and asked to meet him. They even postponed the movie and let JJ rewrite the story and they started when the product was ready rather than chase a release date. 

This scene is better than seeing him jump from one building to another in my book. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
53 minutes ago, Cooke said:

2 is my favorite. This is one of the greatest scenes in movie history :|

This scene made me fall in love with Thandiwe Newton way before Westworld :love: 

Edited by z,warrior