I always wondered when i was young if i would play video games forever

12 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Another Lemming confession. They dom't play games because they have none, instead they just cheerlead for a multi-trillion dollar corporation who abuses them at every opportunity.

I have literally thousands of games, stop being retarded.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

I have no time anymore so I don't touch games really. Weekdays are full from beginning to end, and during the days on weekends I want to be out doing stuff.

That's why I've gotten so into VRChat on the weekend nights. You can drink, and more directly socialize in a totally safe environment while also having the ability to game simultaneously.

It hits all the checkboxes of what I want to be doing and have time for anymore.

VRChat? So you virtually socialize or something? I don't get it. Do you not get out or just say "on weekends I want to be out doing stuff"? I'm not sure what VRChat even is. I'm just wondering do you actually get "out" or do you mean get into VRChat?

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

VRChat? So you virtually socialize or something? I don't get it. Do you not get out or just say "on weekends I want to be out doing stuff"? I'm not sure what VRChat even is. I'm just wondering do you actually get "out" or do you mean get into VRChat?

I'm out doing stuff during the day on weekends, hobbies, shopping, meeting up with people etc. Everyone our age though is chained down whether it be married or kids and can rarely ever do anything at night.

So weekend nights I hop on VRC and drink. There's games, drinking games, clubs, music events, karaoke, dance worlds and so on. I've made a lot of good friends in there, and there's always people around and things to do.

Two summers ago we did a week long Vegas trip with about 20 people. Last summer about 8 of us came up to my area. We've got a big group going to Florida in a week and we're doing Vegas again next summer.

It's what I enjoy in gaming now and the crossover and friendships brought over to real life have been great.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'm out doing stuff during the day on weekends, hobbies, shopping, meeting up with people etc. Everyone our age though is chained down whether it be married or kids and can rarely ever do anything at night.

So weekend nights I hop on VRC and drink. There's games, drinking games, clubs, music events, karaoke, dance worlds and so on. I've made a lot of good friends in there, and there's always people around and things to do.

Two summers ago we did a week long Vegas trip with about 20 people. Last summer about 8 of us came up to my area. We've got a big group going to Florida in a week and we're doing Vegas again next summer.

It's what I enjoy in gaming now and the crossover and friendships brought over to real life have been great.

Crazy shit. Never knew about it or anything beyond the VRChat aspect.

11 hours ago, JonbX said:

Really the only game im super hyped for is State of Decay 3. And who knows if that game even exists anymore :(

Gaming sucks now because everything is the same, but im looking forward to the third installment of generic survival zombie game. :diplo:

11 hours ago, JonbX said:

Really the only game im super hyped for is State of Decay 3. And who knows if that game even exists anymore :(

Gaming sucks now because everything is the same, but im looking forward to the third installment of generic survival zombie game. :diplo:

• dead 1

I don't force it but as long as there's games I'm interested in I'll play them, I'm a bit more particular these days but there's still plenty out there that appeals to me - way more than I have time for. I definitely go through periods where I play more or less - covid was certainly an uptick in gaming. I've diversified my hobbies as I got older but a lot of them are seasonal or prohibitively expensive/time consuming and just not realistic to do every day. Gaming is a really low cost/effort hobby in the grand scheme of things and if I just have a couple hours (or even 20-30 minutes) to kill at the end of a day it's usually between that or some guitar, super practical in that sense. My girl also loves to read so it works well there.

I do expect the medium to largely move on within my lifetime, especially when you look at kids these days and their tastes. I think eventually it just won't make sense for most devs to invest in controller/M+K based games, at least as the norm. Hopefully I'm wrong, who knows - we're 40 years into it at this point and it's managed to stick. I'll probably keep revisiting the classics even if that does happen though, no different than how older generations go back to their entertainment staples - my dad still regularly throws on movies from when he was young.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

You do realize I have like 23 consoles and a PC right

And yet you spend all your time shilling for Xbox, one of the worst consoles ever released :sass1:Funny that.

• Haha 1