Development kits for Nintendo’s next console are now with key partner studios, with launch planned for next year, sources have told VGC.

Just now, Goukosan said:

We were getting new games Xenoblade 2, Arms, 3D Mario, smash, astral chain, Luigi mansion and much more within the early years

arms, luigi's mansion and astral chain were meh.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's going to be the death nail to the Steam shit and other similar PC shit tablets 

Two sources VGC spoke to suggested that the console could launch with an LCD screen, instead of the more premium OLED, in order to bring down costs, especially considering the increased storage needed

You could say that about any console....   The Deck's library is the only library that is essentially guaranteed to be playable on whatever new PC device you have decades from now  

7 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

a lot of those switch games were meh. look,i own both systems, so there's no reason for me to be biased. i just think the switch's first several years were heavily overrated.

Your opinion that the new games were meh is not the same as saying it was mostly only Wiiu ports... You're "Switching" up what you said... And yes pun intended..lol

Not saying you're biased.. I'm saying You're forgetting how Wiiu actually was and the months long droughts. 

Yes in the end the Wiiu built up a solid library, but in real time the wait for new games was rough. 

Switch didn't have that problem. 

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Those games were just an example off the top of my head... But Again That's your opinion that they were meh.. Example.. I think they combat mechanics in Astral chain are superb. 

but saying it was only mostly Wiiu ports is not the samething as saying the new games were meh to you

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nah you're being retarded.  Zero games are built from the ground up for steam deck, non of your spin changes that. 

This is a Switch 2 thread, not my fault sugarhigh felt so triggered that it will overshadow deck... So hr felt the need to start crying :awww:

Nobody is triggered at all about Switch 2 overshadowing the Deck... you asked him to be real... try it yourself. 

The reality is... unless the Switch 2 has some new gimmick shit.... it's going to simply be a more powerful Switch... which means it's the same "Switch vs Deck" paradigm that we currently have.. because there's already more powerful PC handhelds out there than the Switch 2 will be, and most certainly will by the end of 2024... and by that point.. it wont be long until Deck 2 comes out. 

Even then... all the same paradigms of today will continue.  Switch 2 will have some good exclusive games... but the PC handheld will always have the strength of it's library and versatility.

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nobody is triggered at all about Switch 2 overshadowing the Deck... you asked him to be real... try it yourself. 

The reality is... unless the Switch 2 has some new gimmick shit.... it's going to simply be a more powerful Switch... which means it's the same "Switch vs Deck" paradigm that we currently have.. because there's already more powerful PC handhelds out there than the Switch 2 will be, and most certainly will by the end of 2024... and by that point.. it wont be long until Deck 2 comes out. 

Even then... all the same paradigms of today will continue.  Switch 2 will have some good exclusive games... but the PC handheld will always have the strength of it's library and versatility.

Reality check.. There is no Switch vs deck paradigm..that only exists in steam deck fan boys heads. 

The deck is a niche device (which is ok)..to play your steam library.. But let's not pretend it's major competition or any for that matter to switch...

No developer is diverting any resources to create games for the deck from the ground up... No retail chain is carving out space to put deck on its shelves.  

Day 1 Switch 2 Mindshare will dwarf deck, Day 1 it will have more games made from the ground up for it  And  within launch month or sooner it will surpass deck commercially.

And yes deck will still have it's stream library.. But that doesn't change it from being a niche Device. 

Edited by Goukosan
13 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Reality check.. There is no Switch vs deck paradigm..that only exists in steam deck fan boys heads. 

The deck is a niche device (which is ok)..to play your steam library.. But let's not pretend it's major competition or any for that matter to switch...

No developer is diverting any resources to create games for the deck from the ground up... No retail chain is carving out space to put deck on its shelves.  

Day 1 Switch 2 Mindshare will dwarf deck, within launch month or sooner it will surpass deck commercially.  

And yes deck will still have it's stream library.. But that doesn't change it from being a niche Device. 

They are similar devices which serve different markets...  They're  both game playing portables.

You're the one who just made a whole bunch of distinctions between the two.... which creates the current paradigm.

I'm going to be honest... all this shit is entirely due to your insecurity about the Switch lol... You keep repeating the same shit over again, because I think you're telling yourself what you need to hear.  None of us ever made any suggestion that Deck was competing on the same field as the Switch.  We talk about them competing about shit like power, versatility, and libraries... and you talk about them not competing in retail power, mindshare, and exclusives.... like as if we ever did lmao.

Edited by Remij
6 minutes ago, Remij said:

They are similar devices which serve different markets...  They're  both game playing portables.

You're the one who just made a whole bunch of distinctions between the two.... which creates the current paradigm.

I'm going to be honest... all this shit is entirely due to your insecurity about the Switch lol... You keep repeating the same shit over again, because I think you're telling yourself what you need to hear.  None of us ever made any suggestion that Deck was competing on the same field as the Switch.  We talk about them competing about shit like power, versatility, and libraries... and you talk about them not competing in retail power, mindshare, and exclusives.... like as if we ever did lmao.

Let me remind you we're in a Switch 2 thread... A device that is not even out as yet, specs aren't out as yet, images of the device isn't even out as yet.. It's rumored to be a 1yr and 4 months away... And yet sugarhigh felt so triggered he started crying about deck.... Unprovoked too :kaz:

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Let me remind you we're in a Switch 2 thread... A device that is not even out as yet, specs aren't out as yet, images of the device isn't even out as yet.. It's rumored to be a 1yr and 4 months away... And yet sugarhigh felt so triggered he started crying about deck.... Unprovoked too :kaz:

He didn't cry about it.  Someone called out the Deck in this thread, and he responded to it.  Jerry was the first to go into bitch mode, and then you came and pressed him.. needing to hear him say that yes, Switch 2 will dwarf the Deck in mindshare and sales...  He responded that he doesn't give a shit about sales.. outside ensuring the device is not suddenly dropped.  He rightly said that with the Deck the number of sales of the device doesn't "make or break" the system, as it's literally a PC.  It will work going forward regardless.

That's not him being triggered about anything.  That's just a simple reality of the situation.  Whereas for Nintendo, the Switch 2 sales and market growth make or break the device.  If it doesn't catch on... you end up with a WiiU.

I cant see them releasing a beefed up Switch without some new dumb gimmick to it. Honestly i wish theyd make a standalone console and a portable console again. Just have them share the same library and let the grown ups play on a real console.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Luigi’s Mansion 3 still the most graphically impressive title for the platform and I had a blast with it. The level model worked really well I felt. One of my favorite Switch titles and one I completed fully. 

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

I cant see them releasing a beefed up Switch without some new dumb gimmick to it.

I see them doing exactly that honestly. It worked out far too well not to. It needing to be a handheld also restricts some of their ability to make gimmicks, you can't have forced motion for example if you're expecting people to play it on planes and shit.

I could see them eventually trying another dual screen gimmick, but i think it would be too cost prohibitive right now for them to do that on top of having it be portable.

Maybe we get a small gimmick with limited impact to games ala DS > 3DS, but I can't really imagine what it would be.

Edited by Casual
1 hour ago, Casual said:

I see them doing exactly that honestly. It worked out far too well not to. It needing to be a handheld also restricts some of their ability to make gimmicks, you can't have forced motion for example if you're expecting people to play it on planes and shit.

I could see them eventually trying another dual screen gimmick, but i think it would be too cost prohibitive right now for them to do that on top of having it be portable.

Maybe we get a small gimmick with limited impact to games ala DS > 3DS, but I can't really imagine what it would be.

The OG Switch had gimmicks - Labo, Mario Kart Live, ring fit etc. 

The difference between Switch and wiiu/Wii is that the entire system wasn't built around gimmicks.

They made sure the core system itself wasn't severely hampered by the gimmicks but still versatile enough to facilitate the gimmicks of labo, mk live, ring fit etc. 

The joycons include all the motion stuff from Wii, including an IR camera, it includes the amibo stuff from wiiu + the system itself has a screen like Wiiu had it it's controller.

So I fully expect the system itself to be simply a more powerful Switch and the gimmicks will come a more improved/advanced joy con that can facilitate whatever gimmicks they want without severely hampering the core experience. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Luigi’s Mansion 3 still the most graphically impressive title for the platform and I had a blast with it. The level model worked really well I felt. One of my favorite Switch titles and one I completed fully. 

The game is beautiful. No doubt. I just didn’t like it. But hey man, to each is own. 

9 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The OG Switch had gimmicks - Labo, Mario Kart Live, ring fit etc. 

The difference between Switch and wiiu/Wii is that the entire system wasn't built around gimmicks.

They made sure the core system itself wasn't severely hampered by the gimmicks but still versatile enough to facilitate the gimmicks of labo, mk live, ring fit etc. 

The joycons include all the motion stuff from Wii, including an IR camera, it includes the amibo stuff from wiiu + the system itself has a screen like Wiiu had it it's controller.

So I fully expect the system itself to be simply a more powerful Switch and the gimmicks will come a more improved/advanced joy con that can facilitate whatever gimmicks they want without severely hampering the core experience. 

The joycons do have all the gimmicks of the Wii but them needing to be functional in handheld mode prevented shit from getting too out of control. On the Wii the opposite was true as you didn't even have a traditional control scheme out of the box.

the Wii WAS a gimmick, the Switch just has a couple slapped on. the worst part about the Switch is that a couple of the gimmicks (joycons mostly) were relatively expensive so it adds to the hardware cost without adding anything to the experience (for me, at least).

3 hours ago, Casual said:

The joycons do have all the gimmicks of the Wii but them needing to be functional in handheld mode prevented shit from getting too out of control. On the Wii the opposite was true as you didn't even have a traditional control scheme out of the box.

the Wii WAS a gimmick, the Switch just has a couple slapped on. the worst part about the Switch is that a couple of the gimmicks (joycons mostly) were relatively expensive so it adds to the hardware cost without adding anything to the experience (for me, at least).

We're saying essentially the same thing.  

Multiple sources are saying the Switch 2 will have an 8 inch screen and 512GB max internal storage. 

"Max storage" sounds like they will have different storage options at launch. 

New cart format -  3DS used a different cart format than DS.... But the 3DS port also accepted DS carts for BC.

Speculates that 3D Mario would be a launch title.