Real talk, why are digital games $70?

On 2023-08-02 at 6:37 AM, Twinblade said:

Yeah digital games shouldn't be that expensive. If they're cutting out the retailer then they should at least be $5-$10 cheaper.

plus the cost of shipping their games to retailers, the cases, the discs/carts. they are all greedy cunts. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bro...you still in elementary school?

Not to mention there being no overhead since it's not a physically produced product. This is why I'm not impressed with a digital only future. That's just way more money going to publishers with no va

I remember N64 games costing like $80-$90CAD in the Sears Wishbook back in the day.    Honestly, I bitch about $80-$90 games now, because before when you bought that N64 game, you got an awe

If they're 10 dollars or more cheaper than physical copies most stores would stop selling them due to the likelihood of much higher digital sales, thus not warranting store space. There is definitely politics involved, perhaps tax credits as physical copies help the economy more.

The online stores for these digital games should absolutely have some way to develop a digital "trade-in" in which you get $5-$10 in eShop/PSN/XBL store credit, and they remove the digital license from your game, and you no longer own it anymore.

For the simple fact that it removes a competing that new games have to compete against for your time, but also, it increases the chance that the consumer will want to come back to the online store to make another purchase.