Baldurs Gate Discussion |OT|

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im annoyed by this area though.....I killed the main leader and now i've aggro'd every single goblin both inside the chapel and even outside as well. I need to return to the area at some point to find the Underdark entrance so ill have no choice but to kill everyone.

Yeah that part was hard for me. There were so many enemies. When i came back out of the castle i wasnt expecting to get mobbed.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So i get to this boss battle and i lost two times. Ok my spell slots were low ill go to camp, rest up and come back for the win. Well, i was in a danger zone and cant go to camp.  Also couldnt jump ba

I just reached level 5 and im pretty familiar with how everything works now and i got some bad ass spells. Im about 20 hours into the game. Its amazing. I feel like im at the point where act 1 co

Big battle, in the midst of things ---- LEVEL 12. I GOT THERE BO........ ***UNEXPECTED ERROR GODLURS GATE NEEDS TO STOP****    First crash in 75 hours of the game. Patch 1 putting in work 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Mos def does for me though :romantears:

Are you on act 3? Act 1 ran great. Act 2 was ok w some issues here and there. Act 3 i can run at 60fps indoors only. Outside goes from 30-40 with some drops into the 20s here and there. My CPU just isnt up to snuff. GPU load is never even close to maxed.

This game and APTR are the only games were i was cpu limited to under 60fps. Not a bad run i guess for a 5 + year old CPU.

Just now, JonDnD said:

Are you on act 3? Act 1 ran great. Act 2 was ok w some issues here and there. Act 3 i can run at 60fps indoors only. Outside goes from 30-40 with some drops into the 20s here and there. My CPU just isnt up to snuff. GPU load is never even close to maxed.

This game and APTR are the only games were i was cpu limited to under 60fps. Not a bad run i guess for a 5 + year old CPU.

Act 2.  

I'm not saying it's some massive 10fps+ gain or anything.. but definitely more snappy/responsive where it wasn't before.  There was also a driver update recently.. maybe it was that?

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

Act 2.  

I'm not saying it's some massive 10fps+ gain or anything.. but definitely more snappy/responsive where it wasn't before.  There was also a driver update recently.. maybe it was that?

I didnt assume youd have issues in act 2. Act 2 for me gave me issues when cutscenes popped up or when i turned on torches. Id light up my torches and the FR would tank then become stable again. Overall though i didnt have a awful experience in act 2. Mostly 60fps but deffo some rough parts. Compared to act 1 is wasnt good tho. Act 3 is a different beast . IDK what cpu you have but im sure its good enough to handle act 3 well enough.

46 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I didnt assume youd have issues in act 2. Act 2 for me gave me issues when cutscenes popped up or when i turned on torches. Id light up my torches and the FR would tank then become stable again. Overall though i didnt have a awful experience in act 2. Mostly 60fps but deffo some rough parts. Compared to act 1 is wasnt good tho. Act 3 is a different beast . IDK what cpu you have but im sure its good enough to handle act 3 well enough.

Well basically what I mean is like things feel snappier.  Like entering certain convos, or going in and out of menus.  Seems more polished. I wasn't ever having problems with the performance at this point.  We'll see when I get to act 3. Hopefully patch 2 does improve performance.  It should probably be out by the time I get there :lupe:

Oh idk. I just had to do a battle 3 times because the door shut on 2 of my characters and after the battle it wouldnt open lol. So yeah, still some work to be done. Im in a castle right now so no perf issues ill see once i get back out into town.

• dead 1

Big battle, in the midst of things ---- LEVEL 12. I GOT THERE BO........ ***UNEXPECTED ERROR GODLURS GATE NEEDS TO STOP****

:mindblown: First crash in 75 hours of the game. Patch 1 putting in work :mindblown:

Redid the battle. Level 12 :juggle:

• Haha 3

Im nearly 20 hours in. I feel like im still a ways away from completing the first act. I keep on getting distracted by side quests and other areas off the beaten path that I continue to discover.

I like how even small features that you don't often think about can alter quests. For example I happened to use the spell that lets you speak to the dead to talk to a random corpse in an area, and it actually gave me some useful information that helped with a quest I was currently on. There seems to be quite a few details like that which can alter how you play the game and make it more dynamic.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

So this seems to be the GOTY. Too many releases next month. 

The game is great and impressive in many ways. That said I don't think Im quite as over the moon with it as some other people. That could just be because the D&D universe isn't really my preferred type of fantasy, Witcher's type of world for example is more my cup of tea.

I think TOTK could edge it out for GOTY because its easier to pick up and play and has more universal appeal.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The game is great and impressive in many ways. That said I don't think Im quite as over the moon with it as some other people. That could just be because the D&D universe isn't really my preferred type of fantasy, Witcher's type of world for example is more my cup of tea.

I think TOTK could edge it out for GOTY because its easier to pick up and play and has more universal appeal.

You hit the nail on the head.  As many GOTY awards as this will win.. it will be impossible for it to beat Zelda overall.  Zelda simply appeals to more people.

• Like 1

Act 3 could be its own whole game. Ill probably have more time in act 3 than act 1 and 2 combined. Ive been putting fat hours into this everyday but that ends tomo. Ill only be able to do an hour or two a day starting tuesday. My goal was to get this game done before Starfield but that wont be the case idt. Guess ill just hold off on Starfield til my new PC comes. Fuck.

Long ass Godlurs Gate GOD DAMN.

Act 3 had a few parts that i also didnt like. But i do appreciate how each act is different. Not burned out yet but i feel it coming.

19 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Act 3 could be its own whole game. Ill probably have more time in act 3 than act 1 and 2 combined. Ive been putting fat hours into this everyday but that ends tomo. Ill only be able to do an hour or two a day starting tuesday. My goal was to get this game done before Starfield but that wont be the case idt. Guess ill just hold off on Starfield til my new PC comes. Fuck.

Long ass Godlurs Gate GOD DAMN.

Act 3 had a few parts that i also didnt like. But i do appreciate how each act is different. Not burned out yet but i feel it coming.

Damn thats crazy. I've played the shit out of the game today and I still don't think im close to finishing act 1. I do feel like im eventually going to burn out on it too.

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn thats crazy. I've played the shit out of the game today and I still don't think im close to finishing act 1. I do feel like im eventually going to burn out on it too.

How many hours at you at in act 1?

1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

I was on to act 2 i believe at 25 hours.

Sounds like you skipped a bunch of act 1's content then. I saw someone on gaf say they spent 40 hours in act 1. They probably played slowly but I imagine to exhaust most of its content might take 30-35 hours.