What monitors do yall have and what are good ones?

8 hours ago, JonDnD said:

I had to turn scaling up to 150 im old damn

I feel this haha!  I use 125, but that's only because I just prefer how it looks with Ultrawide.  Things are bigger so it's easier to see everything from side to side in my periphery lol.

6 hours ago, JonDnD said:

I dont have many games that i can run at high fr so i downloaded quake 2 and i really dont see a big difference from 60 to 100 whatever. It felt a little smoother but not a big deal tbh.

I tried cyberpunk and that looks much nicer and runs better than i remembered. The colors are nice on this monitor. So far so good.

Only thing i noticed is some games dont work at 120fps. And some old games are tied to the FR i suppose. I tried some old fighting games and that shit got wonky AF 😂

You do have the monitor set to it's highest refresh rate in the Nvidia control panel, right?  It could have defaulted to 60.  

60 to 100+ is absolutely huge in difference of smoothness to me.  Even 120 to 144 is noticeable.  Past 144 though it drops off a lot, but 175 still feels just a tiny bit smoother and more responsive...

The more time you spend with it at 100+... the more noticeable it will become when you go back to 60.

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i7 13700f and 4070ti

38in Ultrawide 175hz.     I'll never ever go back to a non ultrawide monitor.

This 100 lb gorilla is 1440p at 16:10. Only problem is 60 Hz. 

Posted Images

I went back to 125 too 150 some things seemed too big.

Yes i set the refresh rate in NCP. It just doesnt seem too big of a deal imo. Like 30 feels like trash. 60 feels good. 100+ felt marginally better.

I figured fighting games would benefit most but none of the ones i tried worked. The older ones i tried gameplay was tied to fr so it was like fast forward and broken. I tried GG Strive and that seemed to be locked at 60 and i couldnt get it above that.

ITs whatever, the IQ and colors are way better on this screen than my old one.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, JonDnD said:

I went back to 125 too 150 some things seemed too big.

Yes i set the refresh rate in NCP. It just doesnt seem too big of a deal imo. Like 30 feels like trash. 60 feels good. 100+ felt marginally better.

I figured fighting games would benefit most but none of the ones i tried worked. The older ones i tried gameplay was tied to fr so it was like fast forward and broken. I tried GG Strive and that seemed to be locked at 60 and i couldnt get it above that.

ITs whatever, the IQ and colors are way better on this screen than my old one.

The game might be capped at 60hz. Since its a lower budget japanese game there might not be a simple way to change it.

19 hours ago, Substatic said:

Holy fuck that's straight up GOATED, holy grail display stuff. People been waiting for those specs for a while.

Gonna try grab one asap but I bet it'll sell out quick.

P.S. Good lord it's QD-OLED, not WOLED. And with less color fringing than 1st-gen.

honestly it’ll end up just being my sons,  even tho he don’t want it haha 

• aitch 1