What monitors do yall have and what are good ones?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i7 13700f and 4070ti

38in Ultrawide 175hz.     I'll never ever go back to a non ultrawide monitor.

This 100 lb gorilla is 1440p at 16:10. Only problem is 60 Hz. 

Posted Images

It took me a while to decide on a monitor and I payed more than I would have liked as there are many different things you want to take into consideration. Do you want a 2k, 4K, or Ultra wide with a 21:9 based resolution (like 3440 x 1440)? Do you want a LCD, LED, or OLED panel? Do you want HDR, if so what rating? What refresh rate do you want? What response time?

Most monitors rarely offer everything unless you're willing to fork out a significant amount of money.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's a good fucking PC man!  :fblike: 

32GB ram?

:ahmad:No this one is only 16. The other one had 32 but a 4070. Figure if i ever need more than 16 thats a quick and cheap upgrade. Would rather the ti

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

It took me a while to decide on a monitor and I payed more than I would have liked as there are many different things you want to take into consideration. Do you want a 2k, 4K, or Ultra wide with a 21:9 based resolution (like 3440 x 1440)? Do you want a LCD, LED, or OLED panel? Do you want HDR, if so what rating? What refresh rate do you want? What response time?

Most monitors rarely offer everything unless you're willing to fork out a significant amount of money.

I want 1440p and 60fps. HDR sure but not to concerned about it. All the monitors i see are 144+. I guess i can use adaptive sync to halve it to 72? Idk man idk about monitors. I have a cheap samsung monitor now and i think its nice. 

4 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I want 1440p and 60fps. HDR sure but not to concerned about it. All the monitors i see are 144+. I guess i can use adaptive sync to halve it to 72? Idk man idk about monitors. I have a cheap samsung monitor now and i think its nice. 

At the very least, you'll want to get one that supports G-Sync since you have a Nvidia card. The ASUS one you posted only supports FreeSync (which is AMD tech) so it works best with AMD builds.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, __MACK__ said:

I'd almost consider a 4070 and get an OLED monitor instead, but it's up to you.

Id spend more money on a display if i cared about it but i really dont care too much. I just want 60fps on games that arent 60fps on xbox. And i will enjoy my 2nd play of godlurs gate hopefully without the drops to 15fps:rofls:

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It just means you can overclock it to 180hz. But both refresh rates are overkill tbh, you will likely not be able to go that high in most games.

Yes i dont care about that at all. I just want 60fps

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I have a 27" ProArt monitor. I can't imagine going any bigger. I had one 24" inch one for like 8 years before this one and think that's the best way to go. It's fully adjustable which makes it tolerable. 

Mines curved but it is all in my face when up close. Its nice when im reclined back tho. Idk maybe i should go with a 27

2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Yes i dont care about that at all. I just want 60fps

If you're going to buy new stuff... upgrade, dude.

I could not imagine running a PC on a 60hz monitor.  It's pretty much impossible now to buy anything new that isn't at least 120hz+...  You should try to have as fast of a refresh rate as possible because it will simply improve every aspect of the PC.  From input response to smoothness, to potentially reduced eye strain if you're sensitive at all to that....

Not to mention, you're getting a 4070ti.. with frame gen you're easily getting in the hundreds of FPS..

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

If you're going to buy new stuff... upgrade, dude.

I could not imagine running a PC on a 60hz monitor.  It's pretty much impossible now to buy anything new that isn't at least 120hz+...  You should try to have as fast of a refresh rate as possible because it will simply improve every aspect of the PC.  From input response to smoothness, to potentially reduced eye strain if you're sensitive at all to that....

Not to mention, you're getting a 4070ti.. with frame gen you're easily getting in the hundreds of FPS..

Im not buying a 60fps monitor lol im just happy with 60fps. If i get more than that w/e but idrc about it