What monitors do yall have and what are good ones?

I went to BB to look at that monitor an holy shit does BB suck. No wonder they are going out of business. Went to the PC area, nobody shopping or working. Couldnt find the monitor had to go find someone and ask and they gave me the wrong one. Im like this isnt it and she was like oh ok and left and came back said they didnt any. Im like damn, ok. Least she was cute but fuck going to stores that arent for groceries anymore. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i7 13700f and 4070ti

38in Ultrawide 175hz.     I'll never ever go back to a non ultrawide monitor.

This 100 lb gorilla is 1440p at 16:10. Only problem is 60 Hz. 

Posted Images

Just now, JonDnD said:

I went to BB to look at that monitor an holy shit does BB suck. No wonder they are going out of business. Went to the PC area, nobody shopping or working. Couldnt find the monitor had to go find someone and ask and they gave me the wrong one. Im like this isnt it and she was like oh ok and left and came back said they didnt any. Im like damn, ok. Least she was cute but fuck going to stores that arent for groceries anymore. 

i don't even go to grocery stores. i use instacart delivery. fuck that noise.

25 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i don't even go to grocery stores. i use instacart delivery. fuck that noise.

I don't want some dirty kid picking my produce. They pick all the short date shit too. Fuck that. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke said:

I don't want some dirty kid picking my produce. They pick all the short date shit too. Fuck that. 

yeah, because some dirty ass kid didn't pick it from a field in the first place lol.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, because some dirty ass kid didn't pick it from a field in the first place lol.

And don’t you wash produce before eating ‘em anyway?

if they have it in your city and already have a membership, I loved using Amazon fresh. Haven’t used instacart though to compare

• Upvote 1

27” is the way to go for 400 budget, anything larger than that you are sacrificing quality for quantity and 2, a larger screen than that is counterproductive depending on what game you’re playing, it’s akin to seating in the very front row in a movie theatre. Horrible experience

39 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

HDR apparently sucks on both anyway

HDR on computer monitors and their "compliance ratings" are a complete joke and basically unreliable, especially under $1000.

Its great that LG is combining its tv tech into its monitor business to help raise standards across the board, but its still a bit of a wild west market out there.

11 hours ago, -GD-X said:

my 1600 X 1200 crt monitor had deep fucking blacks. man, i loved that thing. i was sad when i sold it lol.

Still got my Samsung 19" 997DF computer monitor somewhere in the garage. I bought that from Best Buy back in 2004.

I'm actually don't remember it being a 19 inch monitor, I thought it was 17 inches, but I found my online receipt in my email and I guess it was actually 19.

I was thinking of getting my previous computer from 2009 and setting it up with a Linus OS partition, so I might just get the old monitor out as well.

I dont have many games that i can run at high fr so i downloaded quake 2 and i really dont see a big difference from 60 to 100 whatever. It felt a little smoother but not a big deal tbh.

I tried cyberpunk and that looks much nicer and runs better than i remembered. The colors are nice on this monitor. So far so good.

Only thing i noticed is some games dont work at 120fps. And some old games are tied to the FR i suppose. I tried some old fighting games and that shit got wonky AF 😂

On 2023-08-24 at 12:10 AM, Sergio Perez SP11 said:

getting this as soon as it comes out 

32” 4K oled 240hz

https://www.pcgamer.com/stunning-240hz-32-inch-4k-oled-monitor-is-star-of-asuss-gamescom-product-splurge/

Holy fuck that's straight up GOATED, holy grail display stuff. People been waiting for those specs for a while.

Gonna try grab one asap but I bet it'll sell out quick.

P.S. Good lord it's QD-OLED, not WOLED. And with less color fringing than 1st-gen.

Edited by Substatic