BG3 is a complete shit show on PS5

- Quality mode: 1440p, targets 30 FPS
- Performance mode: Also looks 1440p but targets 60 FPS
- Quality mode: 30 FPS, can drop below target.
- Performance mode: Lots of drops, can drop below 30 as well. Has lots of screen tearing.
- VRR worthless as PS5s VRR technology is extremely limited
- Visual quality between Quality and Performance looks same.
- Load times: Fast travel took 43~ seconds.

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Had a feeling the game would run like shit on PS5. Oh well, I just wanted to try it out of curiosity. I didn't have a strong need to play the game. I'll just play something else.

You still enjoying sea of stars? About to fire it up 

4 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Had a feeling the game would run like shit on PS5. Oh well, I just wanted to try it out of curiosity. I didn't have a strong need to play the game. I'll just play something else.

It's not a game which requires 60fps at all man.  30fps is fine for a game of this type.  I would not pass it up based on that.  Just set it to quality mode and enjoy the game.

But I guess if you're not THAT interested in it to begin with and got other games you want to play, then alright.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

It's not a game which requires 60fps at all man.  30fps is fine for a game of this type.  I would not pass it up based on that.  Just set it to quality mode and enjoy the game.

But I guess if you're not THAT interested in it to begin with and got other games you want to play, then alright.

It can't even maintain 30 FPS in Performance mode though. It drops frequently.

Just now, Sabo said:

Well, I know it's not the prettiest game in existence, but it is doing *a lot* of calculations behind the scenes with tons of interplaying game systems constantly working.. even as you just travel through the environments doing nothing.  It's a demanding game.

It's just not a type of game where the framerate really affects how well you can play it.  It doesn't require any precision button pressing or anything like that.

But you know what you prefer and how interested you are/were to begin with.  There's also no harm in putting it off until later, as the game will undoubtedly continue to improve across all platforms.

21 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

This is coming from a guy that hyped Witcher 3 and Doom on Switch. This port runs more than fine.

It does NOT run fine :rofls: It doesnt run fine on PC either but to say this runs fine is wrong.

16 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I had drops under 20 at points. It sucks but its the best game ever made so its worth dealing with. Even on my crummy PC really only act 3 was what id call bad performance.