Will you rebuy older multiplats for Switch 2?

Probably not? Most of the ones I want have probably already been ported to PC where I'd rather play them. I don't much use the portable mode for my Switch, most for indie type games or if I'm playing the older nintendo catalogue (SNES stuff). Maybe if they vastly improved the controllers when in portable mode i'd use it more.

A lot of people will.

It's kind of another interesting thing about the convergence of the gaming industry.  The Switch has made a huge push for a hybrid approach to playing your games at home or on the go.. and now we have PC handhelds in the same console formfactor... and the hardware relative to the required output resolutions is getting close to matching the traditional consoles.  By the end of this generation (2026/27)... there will surely be handheld PCs which outperform PS5/Series X at the handheld's target resolution (let's say 1080p)... so you have this case where people might find that the experience provided by handhelds is sufficiently close enough to traditional consoles where they some may want to transfer as much of their libraries over to the new devices as possible, and have that extra functionality for those games which inherently comes with the system.  I know I love being able to take my PC library with me on the Deck... and it's another reason (of a long list of reasons) to buy games for Steam.

I think Aza is right on the money and that there will be a flood of ports, as it could be easy money/low risk for publishers... and it will help further solidify Nintendo.  This could be the first Nintendo console in a long time to really get the full breadth of Publisher support of all major titles.  Full fat versions of new next generation games.

• Upvote 1