The per game cost to get games on Gamepass has leaked

56 minutes ago, Cooke said:

If MS wants to waste all that money so I can play those games for cheap then go for it lol. Makes no difference to me

They want to drive out or force companies to get on their gamepass, so that they can capture it like cable TV companies do.

At which point they would start raising prices like cable TV companies did.

Thats why they're eating costs right now. And with this leak, we know they're losing money.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

They want to drive out or force companies to get on their gamepass, so that they can capture it like cable TV companies do.

At which point they would start raising prices like cable TV companies did.

Thats why they're eating costs right now. And with this leak, we know they're losing money.

Exactly.

They are willing to take huge losses so that they can corner the market.

When they outspend their competitors and push them out of the market, they'll be the only show in town and free to raise prices as they see fit.

It's what we've been telling retarded lemshits for years now but the morons only see "cheap games" and are willing to sell out their hobby to a trillion dollar corporation for quick gratification.

I don't know why this shit isn't obvious to some people. It's the "long game" that Phil keeps talking about in the leaked emails.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So if they are losing money on consoles, and  buying major publishers, and then paying other publishers for their games... What exactly is the point of the Xbox? At some point this seems like some MLM scam run by people who don't know how to make money. 

They're trying to buy out part of the market.

Collapse the value of retail games

The remaining third parties will accept lower gamepass pay rates.

Once 51% of all publishers are putting their games out day 1 on gamepassx the other holdouts will succumb

End up having Sony and Nintendo unable to generate enough money with their own games to sustain their own platform.

They're trying to corner the market, through predatory market manipulation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You intially did, then pivoted to by the end of the gen and now it's moved again to it will happen sometime in your lifetime :kaz:

Nope.  I said Sony would get there eventually.  You tried to change that to "any day now".

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They're trying to buy out part of the market.

Collapse the value of retail games

The remaining third parties will accept lower gamepass pay rates.

Once 51% of all publishers are putting their games out day 1 on gamepassx the other holdouts will succumb

End up having Sony and Nintendo unable to generate enough money with their own games to sustain their own platform.

They're trying to corner the market, through predatory market manipulation.

I don't want them to touch Nintendo or Valve... but if they bought Nintendo, I'd definitely come in here and laugh at you about it :hest: 

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

I don't want them to touch Nintendo or Valve... but if they bought Nintendo, I'd definitely come in here and laugh at you about it :hest: 

Of course you would.

Because you are so butthurt about me making fun of you over Xbox, and Xbox being a constant failure, that you have become THAT DESPERATE to the point in which you would allow something that hurts all gamers......for a victory.

You just admitted to that, you know that right?

You just said the equivalent of the American right winger's "I'll vote for fascism to own da libs" slogan.

Thanks for admitting what I already knew about you

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Of course you would.

Because you are so butthurt about me making fun of you over Xbox, and Xbox being a constant failure, that you have become THAT DESPERATE to the point in which you would allow something that hurts all gamers......for a victory.

You just admitted to that, you know that right?

You just said the equivalent of the American right winger's "I'll vote for fascism to own da libs" slogan.

Thanks for admitting what I already knew about you

Yes I would.  I'd laugh at you if Microsoft bought Nintendo.  Literally every day I'd specifically laugh at you... specifically.

And no... that isn't anything like voting for facism to own liberals :drake: 

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Sometime in your lifetime :umad:

To be fair, I expected Microsoft to actually release some big games in the 3 years the console has been on the market growing GamePass...

They've failed horribly and I've admitted that.. and GamePass has stagnated as a result.  I blame it on Microsoft's ineptitude.. not necessarily the model itself.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

To be fair, I expected Microsoft to actually release some big games in the 3 years the console has been on the market growing GamePass...

They've failed horribly and I've admitted that.. and GamePass has stagnated as a result.  I blame it on Microsoft's ineptitude.. not necessarily the model itself.

It's the model too.    We have never had a point in gaming where two console manufactures are selling 100 of millions of hardware + over a billion in software EACH.. Within the same gen.   Both Switch and PS4 pulled that off while being on the market at the same time. 

Point im making is traditional game sales (including digital because it's an actual purchase) are bigger than they have ever been in the history of gaming. 

Gaming as a whole is no where close to be ready for a gamepass model. 

Look at the hundreds upon hundreds of millions MS is spending to barely keep GP afloat. 

That's not a sustainable model for decades to come. 

• Like 1

The key point to all of this is: Full Retail Priced Games

Sony and Nintendo pretty much saved "traditional" console gaming beginning around 2014, and then especially in 2017.

Microsoft is trying to break Sony and Nintendo.

.........by breaking the full retail priced gaming model.

So that when third-parties are struggling selling $70 games, they will run to gamepass.

Which will cause consumers to use gamepass, and therefore not buy Sony and Nintendo platforms just for their $70 exclusives.

Microsoft is trying to trigger a race to the bottom to crash full retail priced games, because they figured they would be the only ones capable of collecting all the pieces together under their control (GamePass, through a Microsoft Account Login, in which your credit card gets charged through Microsoft's payment system).

This is Microsoft's plan. And anybody who's an actual gamer know that this isn't good for traditional console gaming.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Goukosan said:

This is the cost (or what MS expects the publisher would ask for) of getting games day one on Game Pass:

Star Wars Jedi Survivor - $300M
Suicide Squad - $250M
Assassin's Creed Rift - $100M
Gotham Knights - $30M
Dying Light 2 - $50M
LEGO Star Wars - $35M
Baldur's Gate 3 - $5M (after Larian's huge success, I don't think it will be only $5M anymore)

GTA V - $12-$15M per month 
Red Dead 2 - $5M per month. 

Mortal Kombat 1 - $250M

Dragon Ball: The Breakers - $20M
Return to Moneky Island - $5M
Wreckfest 2 - $10-$14M
Just Dance - $5M
Blood Runner - $5M
Glitch Busters - $5M

MS literally spending hundreds of millions of dollars to beg publishers for games :kaz:

LemiJ - "Nintendo and Sony copying gamepass anyday now" :grimaceleft:

This is what I don’t get with Gaypass, you have about 10 games here at a cost of a billion dollars. They make about 3 billion dollars per year through game pass revenue (not profit) but this has obviously had a huge negative impact on physical sales. You’d like to think gamepass would fund there on 1P development but with Sony spending $250 million per first party game that won’t go too far. 

In its current form they may be making some money on it, but there model, which I’m sure they have in mind, would be to have almost all third party releases on Xbox going through gamepass, but to do that, they probably do need 100 million subscribers to make it worthwhile. They forced themselves into a strange chicken and the egg situation, they need the content to get the subscribers but they need the subscriber to pay for the content. Of course they can also try and spend there way towards getting the content but after Bethesda and ABK I can’t see the regulator allowing any more big takeovers (they’re smoking crack if they think they can buy steam or Nintendo). 

If they did manage to get up the magic number of 100 million, they probably would be out of sight in terms of the control of gaming media, but it seems very unlikely looking at there current position in third place. What they’ve possibly gone and done is found a way to make less money from the games that release on there platform, which hasn’t translated into more console sales and has also plateau’d in terms of subscription numbers. 

Edited by Cell
13 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

Exactly.

They are willing to take huge losses so that they can corner the market.

When they outspend their competitors and push them out of the market, they'll be the only show in town and free to raise prices as they see fit.

It's what we've been telling retarded lemshits for years now but the morons only see "cheap games" and are willing to sell out their hobby to a trillion dollar corporation for quick gratification.

I don't know why this shit isn't obvious to some people. It's the "long game" that Phil keeps talking about in the leaked emails.

It was obvious to anyone with a brain....but the problem is anyone with a brain wouldn't be buying Xbox and certainly wouldn't be supporting Microsoft.

Corporations like Microsoft are fuelled by the simple minded and gullible.

• Thanks 1