Fallout series IGN review - 9.0

1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

I see ms launching XboxFlix in 2026 with TV series for all 1p ips :D

Subscribe to Xbox gamepass and watch all of their shows on your xbox or PC for free!! 

lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It won't have the mainstream attention TLOU show got but it's a good second game turned show to hopefully encourage studios to actually utilize gaming properties properly. 

it’s at 93% on RT. And I’ve seen people on Twitter say it’s even better than TLOU.

Walton Goggins does not disappoint in this, damn.

18 hours ago, David P said:

Alright that was good. I hated how the vault 4 storyline played out so I was worried the show would go downhill. It didn't, the ending is great.

And shit they really went there. Can't believe they would bring so much elements from New Vegas. Last episode blew my nerdy Fallout fanboy mind. It ain't perfect but it's way better than anything I was expecting. 

Season 2 is going to be real interesting. 

I know alot of people hate Todd Howard because they think that Bethesda studios doesn't care about the original FO1 and FO2 lore.

They could be correct. Theoretically, it may be that Todd Howard was like "we don't want anything to do with FO 1 and 2, so lets move out games out to the East Coast"

Therefore, Todd Howard isn't responsible for writing the tv show, so he told Jonathan Nolan to set it on the West Coast and he can mess with the Interplay Fallout lore as much as he wants.

I mean, we did just see the core NCR just get wiped out at the end.

I think im gonna get back into this series with the Fallout London mod. It was about to release but unfortunately the devs had to delay it because of how the next gen update is going to effect the game's code/tools

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

On ep 5. This is amazing. I’m sure I’d love it more if I was familiar with the source material. 

No doubts, seeing how far they want ensuring this is a proper Fallout TV show and not just the story the writers wanted to tell vaguely based in a video games license property. 

Which is what I expected. They did make some big changes but overall, it's still Fallout. 

• Upvote 1

I tried going back to NV since i never played that one. Its ewww. Way too old for me. FO4 still looks nice, so i might run through that again.

Just now, JonDnD said:

I tried going back to NV since i never played that one. Its ewww. Way too old for me. FO4 still looks nice, so i might run through that again.

That's what I did, level 13 right now, about 10+ hours in the game. I'm still discovering things I never seen. Such a great fucking game.

But yeah, NV looks like fucking shit, it always looked like shit. It's hard to go back to that. 

Gameplay is still great though.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, David P said:

No doubts, seeing how far they want ensuring this is a proper Fallout TV show and not just the story the writers wanted to tell vaguely based in a video games license property. 

Which is what I expected. They did make some big changes but overall, it's still Fallout. 

On ep 7 and this is just way more fun than TLOU. Just a great series. 

• aitch 1

Finished it. Fucking awesome. I totally had 0 interest in this. I’m so glad word-of-mouth was strong enough to earn my interest. Well, that and the fact Walter Goggins was in it. He stole every scene, but the whole cast owned. 

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Finished it. Fucking awesome. I totally had 0 interest in this. I’m so glad word-of-mouth was strong enough to earn my interest. Well, that and the fact Walter Goggins was in it. He stole every scene, but the whole cast owned. 

glad you enjoyed it. And yeah Walton Goggins is pretty much THE main lead as far as Im concerned. He makes the show.

• aitch 1