Fallout series IGN review - 9.0

7 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It won't have the mainstream attention TLOU show got but it's a good second game turned show to hopefully encourage studios to actually utilize gaming properties properly. 

I should have said 3 since Twisted Metal was good but Peacock is the steaming network good shows go to be forgotten. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It won't have the mainstream attention TLOU show got but it's a good second game turned show to hopefully encourage studios to actually utilize gaming properties properly. 

it’s at 93% on RT. And I’ve seen people on Twitter say it’s even better than TLOU.

Walton Goggins does not disappoint in this, damn.

10 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I should have said 3 since Twisted Metal was good but Peacock is the steaming network good shows go to be forgotten. 

Twisted Metal was a surprised to. Im glad they're making a 2nd season.

Watched for about 15 minutes and stopped. Not bad but I can't watch TV anymore for some reason.

They were like maybe ten wink wink Fallout reference in the space of 15 minutes.

I watched up to episode 3. Pretty good although I am confused about mixing up the Enclave with the Brotherhood of Steel. 

Didn't know the BoS needed a support guy next to it. 

Also didn't like the fact that T-60 didn't require that nuclear battery to run seeing as they live in post nuclear apocalyptic earth and resources as scarce. 

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I watched up to episode 3. Pretty good although I am confused about mixing up the Enclave with the Brotherhood of Steel. 

Didn't know the BoS needed a support guy next to it. 

Also didn't like the fact that T-60 didn't require that nuclear battery to run seeing as they live in post nuclear apocalyptic earth and resources as scarce. 

What are you talking about? The T-60 is running on a fusion core AKA a nuclear battery.

35 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

What are you talking about? The T-60 is running on a fusion core AKA a nuclear battery.

Maybe I haven't gotten up to that part. That enlist treats the power armor like a toy with no knowledge of its limits but what's worse was having that twerp using it before. 

The worst change to the lore so far is with the ghouls turning feral if they don't take a medicine. It makes no sense.

But I also don't really care when 95% of Fallout stuff is well represented. 

5 hours ago, David P said:

The worst change to the lore so far is with the ghouls turning feral if they don't take a medicine. It makes no sense.

But I also don't really care when 95% of Fallout stuff is well represented. 

I don't mind that change. In fact, I'd say that I would support that change in the lore.

So, I watched the series over the weekend. The first episodes are really good with setting up the premise, the environment details, and really enjoyable pacing.

And then the show really starts slowing down and it starts accumulating more and more plot holes. And you end up realizing that the scope of its story is not going to be as big as they might've been implying.

And because of what you learned in the final episode, you end discovering MORE plot holes in the early episodes.

Its pretty enjoyable. Anybody talking as if this show is going to win awards is fooling themselves.

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

I don't mind that change. In fact, I'd say that I would support that change in the lore.

So, I watched the series over the weekend. The first episodes are really good with setting up the premise, the environment details, and really enjoyable pacing.

And then the show really starts slowing down and it starts accumulating more and more plot holes. And you end up realizing that the scope of its story is not going to be as big as they might've been implying.

And because of what you learned in the final episode, you end discovering MORE plot holes in the early episodes.

Its pretty enjoyable. Anybody talking as if this show is going to win awards is fooling themselves.

Nah it makes no sense. Ghouls didn't exist prewar so this would have to be a medicine that would have been developed very early after the bombs fell to keep the main character cowboy actor without turning feral. Turning feral was due to deterioration to the brain.

I'm at the episode where they go into vault 4 and explain what happened to shady sands. Another piece of lore I don't like, the NCR is bigger than just shady sands. Which is why they started expanding in New Vegas. 

I mean I don't mind the changes too much. This is still very entertaining. I don't think the script is perfect or anything. There's a lot of moments where they don't really know how to get characters out of a situation, there's so many coincidences of meeting up other characters, at the right place, at the right time, it's almost comical. 

Alright that was good. I hated how the vault 4 storyline played out so I was worried the show would go downhill. It didn't, the ending is great.

And shit they really went there. Can't believe they would bring so much elements from New Vegas. Last episode blew my nerdy Fallout fanboy mind. It ain't perfect but it's way better than anything I was expecting. 

Season 2 is going to be real interesting. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Never played the games, but maybe I will now. Episode one was good. 

how close is it to the games? Assuming this is fallout 1’s story? 

I think the TV show did amazing at making you feel like you were in the fallout world. Story is original but a lot of the stuff in the show is in the games. I didnt finish all of the FO games because the old ones, well...feel their age. Even FO4 and 76 feel dated. Id say play FO4, then 76. The FO nerds will say otherwise but the older games are mad dated. FO4 feels just like the TV show.

12 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I think the TV show did amazing at making you feel like you were in the fallout world. Story is original but a lot of the stuff in the show is in the games. I didnt finish all of the FO games because the old ones, well...feel their age. Even FO4 and 76 feel dated. Id say play FO4, then 76. The FO nerds will say otherwise but the older games are mad dated. FO4 feels just like the TV show.

I heard it’s getting a 60fps patch next week so I’ll wait for that. I did download 76 as it’s multiplayer 

29 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I heard it’s getting a 60fps patch next week so I’ll wait for that. I did download 76 as it’s multiplayer 

It's already 60fps on series consoles but I think the resolution is whatever it was on Xbox one . It'll look nice at 4k60. 

76 you can play completely sp as well. It's not the game it launched like.

Im gonna jump back in to fallout 4 again too when the update hits.