MSI Claw is a massive flop lmao

Thing is a real POS apparently :hest:

That's what happens when certain companies try to latch on to ideas made popular by other companies who actually give a shit about the product they put out.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

oof those benchmarks. I had a feeling this would be the worst of the windows handhelds but this data really puts that into perspective. There is 0 reason to pick this over the Ally or Go.

Yep.  Worse in every way.

I was hoping an intel based handheld would be able to compete, because the space needs competition for AMD.. but yea this definitely ain't it.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

The same fate awaiting the next Xflop handheld hybrid.

Get a life dude.  This thread has nothing to do with Xbox.  lmao Xbox on the mind 24/7.  I feel sorry for you :francis: 

39 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I understand nothing about this space but how is there a market for so many different handheld devices. Assumed Steamdeck would just fully dominate this space like Nintendo does. 

They all saw steamdeck and are trying to capitalize on it. The problem is they don’t have the linux/unix based OS to do it. Everyone else is Winblows and failing.

• Like 1

The experience on all of these look awkward. Windows alone is pretty bad for a handheld with all of its forced bullshit and intrusive updates, then you have these half-baked apps/interfaces on top of it by the hardware manufacturer.

Steamdeck is leagues ahead but even that can be a little janky/buggy at times.

I think sacrificing a bit of compatability for using a customizable os with a small footprint is definitely the way forward. Most manufacturers probably don't want to put in the work though for a niche product.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Remij said:

Get a life dude.  This thread has nothing to do with Xbox.  lmao Xbox on the mind 24/7.  I feel sorry for you :francis: 

Keep coping retard. You know I'm right :mjgrin:

MS' next "console" is about to be a hybrid and if they plan using Windows it will flop hard too. Windows is absolutely dogshit for handhelds. The only person that can defend a Windows handheld gaming device is your retarded ass.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I guess ya'll are still retarded if you can sit behind a windows computer but can't fathom how to use it on a handheld. Lmao.

A computer and a handheld have completely different requirements. Handhelds need to be optimized for quick use and low battery usage. Something that WIndows is terrible at with all its bloatware, forced updates, and terrible battery optimization. Linux is way better handheld OS than Windows is and it's not even close. It has nothing to do with hating Windows or any of that shit. Windows is good as a general purpose PC OS but it's terrible as a handheld OS. It's why every handheld released so far that uses it ends up being garbage and inferior to the Steam Deck.

7 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

A computer and a handheld have completely different requirements. Handhelds need to be optimized for quick use and low battery usage. Something that WIndows is terrible at with all its bloatware, forced updates, and terrible battery optimization. Linux is way better handheld OS than Windows is and it's not even close. It has nothing to do with hating Windows or any of that shit. Windows is good as a general purpose PC OS but it's terrible as a handheld OS. It's why every handheld released so far that uses it ends up being garbage and inferior to the Steam Deck.

This is nonsense. Its actually quicker to boot into a game from a powered off state on the Ally than it is on the Deck - I posted proof of this in the past. Once you have games installed it takes 0 effort to launch or manage them. You guys need to think for yourselves instead of just following everything rabid steam fanboys say.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This is nonsense. Its actually quicker to boot into a game from a powered off state on the Ally than it is on the Deck - I posted proof of this in the past. Once you have games installed it takes 0 effort to launch or manage them. You guys need to think for yourselves instead of just following everything rabid steam fanboys say.

How is your battery life tho' :mjgrin:?

Edited by FIREPOWER
4 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

How is your battery life tho' :mjgrin:?

No shit...the system is more powerful. Obviously the battery life is going to take a hit.

But they've done enough optimization work since launch that you can run at lower TDPs and steam deck settings and get relatively similar battery life (although there's still more work to be done here).

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

No shit...the system is more powerful. Obviously the battery life is going to take a hit.

But they've done enough optimization work since launch that you can run at lower TDPs and steam deck settings and get relatively similar battery life (although there's still more work to be done here).

I don't give a shit about handhelds, stopped gaming on them a long time ago but if I was still gaming on them battery life would be extremely important for me and I imagine it's still important for most people. Windows is an achilles heel for these handhelds and I don't think any handheld using windows will be able to compete effectively with Steam or Nintendo. They need to either create a totally specialized Windows OS for handheld gaming devices or just say fuck it and use Linux. Knowing MS they won't do either of these ideas so they are fucked if they go against Nintendo or Steam in this marketplace.

Edited by FIREPOWER