Should I get a new phone?

Been rocking this Pixel 5 since 2021.

Google has stopped supporting this phone with updates so I am wondering if I should upgrade my phone. 

Battery is about 75% good, it quickly discharges up to 65% then lasts longer till I have to charge at 30%.

I would be getting a Pixel 8 of course. 

Fuck Samsung and their bloatware. 

Lmfao iOS :tom:

1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

iPhones the only option in 2024 

best cpu, best gpu, best ram management, best battery, best camera, best screen. 

what does iOS not do that you want it to?

Love my galaxy 24 ultra 😊.

I work with a dude that always gets the latest tech , he switched from Galaxy to iPhone like six months ago and he's already telling people apple sucks and he's going back.

28 minutes ago, poopy_butt said:

Love my galaxy 24 ultra 😊.

I work with a dude that always gets the latest tech , he switched from Galaxy to iPhone like six months ago and he's already telling people apple sucks and he's going back.

I mean all the flag ships are good. But apples products are always the leaders, others half bake implementation. It’s why android requires 3x the ram as iOS but is still worse at ram management. 

I went from a s21 to a s24+ and yeah, it's a little nicer but the upgrades aren't as big as they used to be.

I got the phone and watch for free tho so why not.

• Like 1
On 2024-04-15 at 11:26 AM, MalaXmaS said:

How long should I keep it for? 

You should be able to keep it for as long as you want within reason. Companies should sell you on the upgrade, not force it via ending security updates or a non-removable battery. Fuck that.

Should you upgrade? Yeah, probably. I wouldn't do anything important on a phone without security updates even if it's absurdly unlikely you'd ever be targetted for something. The Pixel 8 has 7 years of support, so I'm not saying stop buying Pixels because that's industry leading. Just fuck that 3 year shit they use to do.