Sea of Thieves true Metacritic score is revealed

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Maybe it's the sampler feedback! :wow: :D

Yea, they're giving PS owners samples and getting better feedback.. surprise surprise :tom: 

• dead 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, they're giving PS owners samples and getting better feedback.. surprise surprise  

WE HAF 2 WATE 4 MOAR REVIEWZ

Except Sea of Thieves has been very successful... since launch.. lol

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Never said that though.  I just said that it didn't deserve the completely terrible reviews of 4s and 5s back then.  It was a solid game back then... now it's better.

At launch? That shit was lacking. It getting better a year later doesn't change what it launched as. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Tears of the Cows said:

WE HAF 2 WATE 4 MOAR REVIEWZ

Buttttt how will it chart in UK sales on Tuesday of it's 3rd week on sale LET ME CHECK MY NOTES :chester:

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

At launch? That shit was lacking. It getting better a year later doesn't change what it launch as. 

Anyone could say it was lacking compared to what it is today.  Back then, yes, people obviously did... but my argument is that most people never tried to give it a halfway chance.  Their minds were made up before they played it.

There was far less content, sure, but there was hours and hours worth of gameplay regardless..  It wasn't just about doing x or y.. there's obviously a huge multiplayer component to it, and you could play hours just battling other people on the open seas.

Again, arguing about this isn't going to change anything... I've acknowledged the games past scores.  I'm interested in how it scores today.  And well... it's scoring well. 

Edited by Remij
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Anyone could say it was lacking compared to what it is today.  Back then, yes, people obviously did... but my argument is that most people never tried to give it a halfway chance.  Their minds were made up before they played it.

There was far less content, sure, but there was hours and hours worth of gameplay regardless..  It wasn't just about doing x or y.. there's obviously a huge multiplay

That's the nature of the market. If it's not compelling enough at or around launch... Then you lose the audience and the mindshare, both of which are hard to get it back once you lose it. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

That's the nature of the market. If it's not compelling enough at or around launch... Then you lose the audience and the mindshare, both of which are hard to get it back once you lose it. 

• dead 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Moderately successful.  Would have been much much bigger if launched in a better state. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Moderately successful.  Would have been much much bigger if launched in a better state. 

I dunno if it would have been much bigger, but sure.  Xbox players enjoyed it.. and it's only because the core gameplay was so obviously good that people have stuck with it throughout the years.  It's ALWAYS had that awesome core loop.

I mean, outsiders knew the game was great when it came to Steam and sold millions of copies despite being available on GamePass.  That just showed it was a great game worthy of success and not just "GamePass successful".

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, they're giving PS owners samples and getting better feedback.. surprise surprise :tom: 

I figured it out, they went with UWP! :juggle: :rofl: 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

People here are really bad at math, 2018 to 2024 is not 8 years...

You're right.  I forget sometimes that it launched in 2018 since I was playing in the alphas and betas before that.

6 or 8 tho... same shit.

:cruise:Still a 69 MC on ShitBox and PC.

Never thought I’d see the day lems would be celebrating their own games scoring better on PS5 and still being shit on Xbox and PC but here we are :kaz:

PS5 version is the definitive version of the game, TLHBFR!

It’s still a flop Lemij, it was supposed to be you lems’ GOTY and all it could do was muster a AA rating on Playstation 6 years later :mroff:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Geese 1
14 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:cruise:Still a 69 MC on ShitBox and PC.

Never thought I’d see the day lems would be celebrating their own games scoring better on PS5 and still being shit on Xbox and PC but here we are :kaz:

PS5 version is the definitive version of the game, TLHBFR!

It’s still a flop Lemij, it was supposed to be you lems’ GOTY and all it could do was muster a AA rating on Playstation 6 years later :mroff:

You know exactly why I'm celebrating this PS5 release.  Because I've always said that this game was awesome.. and it's finally getting the recognition it deserves from the haters who hated on it the most. :smoke: 

:juggle: 

23 minutes ago, Remij said:

You know exactly why I'm celebrating this PS5 release.  Because I've always said that this game was awesome.. and it's finally getting the recognition it deserves from the haters who hated on it the most. :smoke: 

:juggle: 

Well, it was dogshit at launch and wasn’t awesome. Took several years to get better on the PS5 :hest:

It doesn’t count. If we were to use that same standard for every game then no game would flop because devs would patch all their issues in their games after some years and nullify their flopping.

It’s good that Rare has continued to support it and made it better but its still a flop because it failed to deliver at launch :freeben:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Well, it was dogshit at launch and wasn’t awesome. Took several years to get better on the PS5 :hest:

It doesn’t count. If we were to use that same standard for every game then no game would flop because devs would patch all their issues amour after some years and make half decent games 

It’s good that Rare has continued to support it and made it better but its still a flop because it failed to deliver at launch :freeben:

The game is essentially the same game with random shit added 

still not that fun but can be with the right friends

should have been competitive 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It doesn’t count. If we were to use that same standard for every game then no game would flop because devs would patch all their issues in their games after some years and nullify their flopping.

It's always been an awesome game :umad:

Enjoy it bro :smug: 

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's always been an awesome game :umad:

Enjoy it bro :smug: 

I won’t be enjoying it. I could have bought it at launch years ago but avoided it. It’s not the type of game for me but I’m happy for those that enjoy it :obama:

Edited by FIREPOWER