Bloomberg: More Xbox cuts are on the way across the organization

Posted (edited)

"Hey guys, Netflix is successful because all of the content that they put on there is good."

-Remij, expert on the economics of subscription services

Edited by jehurey
  • dead 1
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it’s insane. Seems Phil is just as dumb and clueless as his fanboys. Pretty insane when you think about it. He probably was taking business advice from the lemshits he was in online game lobbies with 

The guys actually thinks that you and I think about Xbox more than he does  

Lmfao Bbbbbut 50 million subs is enough I swearz .  GP currently has almost 40 million subs and it's bleeding money.  50 million subs is not enough to recoup the billions upon billions upon billions M

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Remij said:

You and the other clowns here constantly talked about how the numbers were likely lower than they were reporting... lmfao

And soooo... why did it stagnate?  It's not because of some arbitrary limit they hit...:drake: 

They don't have to cut back because of GamePass.... they have to cut back because they fucking suck at managing their studios and making games that people want to play.  That is going to harm them just the same regardless of whether it's $70 games on shelves or not.

Lying J 🤥... Never once did I say they inflated the numbers.  That shit stagnanted... I was saying that since fall 2022. 

GamePass played a role as well... If GP growth has continued on the path it was on during the pandemic that would have given them the cushion they needed before the bangers arrive 4 - 5 years down the road.( 2024 - 2025)

GP stagnated and they were forced to push out redfall and Starfield undercooked in an effort to inject some life into GP.  Those games overall didn't move the needle enough and here we are today. 

Edited by Goukosan
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

:kaz: i expect retards on the internet to not realize that game pass wouldnt work; how the fuck does someone making millions of dollars not realize that and not realize that multi-billion dollar axquisitions are at odds with a money pit like game pass :hest: 

:cruise: it’s insane. Seems Phil is just as dumb and clueless as his fanboys. Pretty insane when you think about it. He probably was taking business advice from the lemshits he was in online game lobbies with :kaz:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 2
28 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:cruise: it’s insane. Seems Phil is just as dumb and clueless as his fanboys. Pretty insane when you think about it. He probably was taking business advice from the lemshits he was in onlinegame lobbies with :kaz:

I blame Microsoft top executives.

That dumb motherfucker Phil Spencer was literally being given ECONOMIC ANALYSIS by people within his own division, and he didn't listen to them.

How come nobody within Xbox is able to speak to the Chief Financial Officer directly and sound the alarm that Phil Spencer is doing things that there is no evidence that it is profitable?

If you think about it, Phil Spencer has THREE MAJOR INITIATIVES when he was head of Xbox, after Don Mattrick left.

1. Let's make multiple skus with the Xbox One S and Xbox One X, a year apart. That'll work!!!
  2. Let's make it to where if you buy a game on Xbox you also get the Windows PC store version, that'll work!!!
  3. Let's abandon retail sales and make a digital rental service like Netflix, that'll work!!!

And then as a desperate last step, Phil Spencer convinced Salty Nutella that if they start buying publishers really quickly and just FORCED their games to go on the rental service, that would quickly make all other game publishers rush in to join.

None of it work.

This guy didn't fail once. He failed repeatedly. Microsoft top executives were too stupid or too occupied to pay attention.

So they also share blame.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Lying J 🤥... Never once did I say they inflated the numbers.  That shit stagnanted... I was saying that since fall 2022. 

GamePass played a role as well... If GP growth has continued on the path it was on during the pandemic that would have given them the cushion they needed before the bangers arrive 4 - 5 years down the road.( 2024 - 2025)

GP stagnated and they were forced to push out redfall and Starfield undercooked in an effort to inject some life into GP.  Those games overall didn't move the needle enough and here we are today. 

GP growth is dependent upon having great games people want to play in the first place.  It stagnated because they kept fumbling every opportunity to provide that value when they had a chance and it compounded.  That is the major reason why they are where they are.

You absolutely went along with, if not outright saying it, that their numbers were likely worse than what they were reporting.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I blame Microsoft top executives.

That dumb motherfucker Phil Spencer was literally being given ECONOMIC ANALYSIS by people within his own division, and he didn't listen to them.

How come nobody within Xbox is able to speak to the Chief Financial Officer directly and sound the alarm that Phil Spencer is doing things that there is no evidence that it is profitable?

If you think about it, Phil Spencer has THREE MAJOR INITIATIVES when he was head of Xbox, after Don Mattrick left.

1. Let's make multiple skus with the Xbox One S and Xbox One X, a year apart. That'll work!!!
  2. Let's make it to where if you buy a game on Xbox you also get the Windows PC store version, that'll work!!!
  3. Let's abandon retail sales and make a digital rental service like Netflix, that'll work!!!

And then as a desperate last step, Phil Spencer convinced Salty Nutella that if they start buying publishers really quickly and just FORCED their games to go on the rental service, that would quickly make all other game publishers rush in to join.

None of it work.

This guy didn't fail once. He failed repeatedly. Microsoft top executives were too stupid or too occupied to pay attention.

So they also share blame.

It's mind boggling. 

Old Xbox executive was so cool, that guy who used to work at SEGA, forgot the name, was so much better for building the brand. If you think about it, the whole Xbox identity still dates back from that era and early 360 days. Halo, Fable, Rare, Forza, Gears... They had a brand, now Xbox means nothing whatsoever, might as well be a toaster logo.

Mattrick was also a a dumbass pushing Kinect at the forefront of Xbox but no one can match the genius of Phil Spencer completely destroyed Xbox for good. Maybe he's paid by Sony, an insider saboteur. I couldn't have done it better. Hats off to him. 

52 minutes ago, Remij said:

GP growth is dependent upon having great games people want to play in the first place.  It stagnated because they kept fumbling every opportunity to provide that value when they had a chance and it compounded.  That is the major reason why they are where they are.

You absolutely went along with, if not outright saying it, that their numbers were likely worse than what they were reporting.

You're tripling down on the lies 🤥, take that up with whoever was arguing that MS made up the numbers. 

I never claimed MS made up the numbers because It didn't matter what the actual numbers were because GROWTH HAD STAGNATED.  The KPI that MS was using to gauge the success of GP was Growth. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

You're tripling down on the lies 🤥, take that up with whoever was arguing that MS made up the numbers. 

I never claimed MS made up the numbers because It didn't matter what the actual numbers were because GROWTH HAD STAGNATED.  The KPI that MS was using to gauge the success of GP was Growth. 

his theory is so unbelievable stupid

just HOW MANY GAMES does he think release and end up having 80+ Metacritic scores?

And he's sitting there thinking that all Microsoft had to do was just collect 40 games that scored 80+ on Metacritic every year.................EASY PEASY!!!!!!!!!

:hest: he's delusional

• Like 1