Upcoming COD coming to Gamepass

13 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

No one outside of Xbox diehards is paying $200/year in subscriptions for one game a year when they can spend $70 to own it.

I don't think it'll be quite as clear cut as you're making it out to be. I imagine Microsoft will tie in cosmetics, XP bonuses, early access, and other perks to muddy the pricing waters a bit. Bundle it with some perks for Warzone and I think a Call of Duty subscription would be pretty successful.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with Jeff Grubb's take on it.  Put COD on GamePass, don't release it on PS4/XO, and convert those casual players who haven't jumped in into the new generation yet over to Xbox.   If

lol this is going to do jack shit for xbox. ps5 and pc players are going to play it on the platforms their friends are playing it on - and it's not an xbox console. this isn't 2007.

Dude fucking GTA5 was delayed  what in the fuck are you talking about?

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

sports games are top sellers on PS, every year. 

i dont care about Xbox selling hardware or MS making profits, I care about getting the games as cheap as possible because none of them (Sony games included) are actually worth anything. :kaz: you buy games to sell them a year later for $4 lmfao. 

so no, it’s not cheaper. Casuals and PS players are just retarded lmfao. 

:mj: Causals buy sports games because they would rather own them than rent them you fucking imbecile. Telling me sports games are the most bought games only reinforces my point retard. They aren’t saving money by subbing to a subscription service to play COD and some other bullshit games they don’t give a fuck about. ShitPass only appeals to bums like you already in the ShitBox ecosystem lol.

Sports games have been in GP and PS Plus for years and yet the causals would rather buy them. You’re only proving my point with these moronic posts of yours. Xbox is dead and COD on HoboPass isn’t going to save it. Same way Starfield didn’t do shit for your dying ShitBox brand :hest:

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't think it'll be quite as clear cut as you're making it out to be. I imagine Microsoft will tie in cosmetics, XP bonuses, early access, and other perks to muddy the pricing waters a bit. Bundle it with some perks for Warzone and I think a Call of Duty subscription would be pretty successful.

I see it spiking GP subs for sure but those kind of things aren’t going to move the needle much for most casuals. 

Someone already in the PS ecosystem isn’t going to migrate to GP for some skins. The price point of GP is still pretty hefty and we already know most casuals aren’t too hot on sub services to begin with. 

Sub services mainly appeal to the hardcore not casuals. It’s why GP growth has slowed and why gaming sub services haven’t taken off despite being around for a decade.

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yo...i finna buy a $500 console, so I don't have to spend $70 bucks on a game, just a monthly $15+ subscription.

Maybe the smart move from MS is to continue to release a last gen version on PS4 only, not giving them any reason to upgrade to a PS5 :geese: 

Just now, Remij said:

Maybe the smart move from MS is to continue to release a last gen version on PS4 only, not giving them any reason to upgrade to a PS5 :geese: 

i bet that ps4 version would do better than the xbox one :D

• dead 1
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yo...i finna buy a $500 console, so I don't have to spend $70 bucks on a game, just a monthly $15+ subscription.

The whole idea is retarded. They think causals are complete retards that can’t do math to figure owning the game like they’ve been doing for years is cheaper than renting.

It also doesn’t take into account the fact MS is going to raise sub prices of GamePass with whole new tiers specifically for COD lol. That $15 month is going to turn into $20 or maybe even $30 per month :hest:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i bet that ps4 version would do better than the xbox one :D

Of course, because they wouldn't make an Xbox One version lmao.

1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

Ewwww Call of Fgts, who still plays that garbage?

Cuckstz the retard will finally be able to play a new COD.

He hasn’t been able to play a new COD game in ages because he can’t afford $70 to buy and own the game, instead he requires a rental service like HoboPass :kaz:

$200+ to rent a game for a year when you can pay $70 and outright own the game. What a deal, LMFAO :mj:

Watch them hike the price of ShitPass in a new tier to make up for the lost revenue  :drake:

Edit: Looks like I was right. Same leaker who leaked the White Xbox Series X is now saying MS is introducing new GP tiers (specifically because of COD).

:cruise: Get ready to be raped even more Cuckstz….

You have been demolished 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

I agree with Jeff Grubb's take on it.  Put COD on GamePass, don't release it on PS4/XO, and convert those casual players who haven't jumped in into the new generation yet over to Xbox.

lemme see if I understand what you are attempting to say.

there's people who are still playing a PS4 or Xbox one in late 2024, so clearly they can't buy ANY next-gen console, or don't care to buy a next-gen console.

....but they're still paying to play CoD and plan to pay for it in 2024.

They see that it doesn't come out on their PS4/XBO.

So that will entice them to pay for a Xbox Series console in which they would've already heard that all of their games are going to be on Playstation, sales have completely tanked, and its getting heavily criticized? All signs pointing that its going to be a dead console, soon. They'll decide "sure, I'll spend several hundreds of dollars to get into that!" ???????????

:hest:

2 hours ago, Playstation Tablet said:

[eXtas1s] Changes are coming to Game Pass with the inclusion of the next Call of Duty

Several things will probably be happening.

If you remember the original advertising, GamePass was originally advertised as "100 games available". And then they just abandoned that as they kept on trying to pack it with more and more old games and shitty indie games, like a shitty Chinese buffet thinking that adding more shitty food would increase people coming in.

I bet they will go back to a GamePass Essential and basically include all old games that Microsoft owns, which means they have to pay no licensing fees. That will be $10.

The current gamepass, with all the shitty indie games and AA multiplats will probably increase to $20, because they're already increasing it and hinting at another increase in the future.

And they're going to put CoD behind a $30 tier. :hest: Basically devoting an extra $10 to rent CoD for a month.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

lemme see if I understand what you are attempting to say.

there's people who are still playing a PS4 or Xbox one in late 2024, so clearly they can't buy ANY next-gen console, or don't care to buy a next-gen console.

....but they're still paying to play CoD and plan to pay for it in 2024.

They see that it doesn't come out on their PS4/XBO.

So that will entice them to pay for a Xbox Series console in which they would've already heard that all of their games are going to be on Playstation, sales have completely tanked, and its getting heavily criticized? All signs pointing that its going to be a dead console, soon. They'll decide "sure, I'll spend several hundreds of dollars to get into that!" ???????????

:hest:

Those players aren't as heavily invested in any platform.  They have maybe a couple games they bought the console for.  Any platform to play those specific games is up for grabs.

Not saying EVERYONE will buy an Xbox... but it will definitely entice those already on Xbox, and potentially those who bought a PS4, to just get a cheap console to keep playing COD.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Those players aren't as heavily invested in any platform.  They have maybe a couple games they bought the console for.  Any platform to play those specific games is up for grabs.

Not saying EVERYONE will buy an Xbox... but it will definitely entice those already on Xbox, and potentially those who bought a PS4, to just get a cheap console to keep playing COD.

they will buy it on the platform in which they're COD buddies are playing it on.

Because if you're playing CoD continuously into 2024, its because you have friends in which you are playing the game with.

And none of those people on their friends list, almost none of them, will be on an Xbox.

I think you might've overlooked that.

If Microsoft had just GIVEN AWAY 50 million Xbox Series X consoles over the course of 3-4 years.............it would've only cost them $25 billion.

Imagine if Phil Spencer is still planning something and thinking to himself "............I got one more trick up my sleeve to save GamePass!!!!" :RISITAS: