Official Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Thread - 10/10 IGN, 10/10 GS, 95 Meta - Game of the Year. Best DLC oif All Time.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm DL'ed and updated, but I can't play for a bit yet.  Gonna be insane though :wow2: 

Already 350K concurrent on Steam within half an hour of release :whew: 

the wifi is down here, so i'm stuck using my phone's hotspot. shit is slow af :mjcry: 9 gigs to go :mjcry:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imo the base games are nothing aside from that first playthrough of Sekiro. I don’t think this is rage quitting and leaving a negative review hard thus far, but it’s typical From DLC hard and Elden Ri

Beat it. Whew lawd that last boss. I must have put 100 attempts into that guy. I've been using a Nagi with Unsheathe up until this point, but the punish windows are so small and few and far between on

This DLC has been very difficult for me with my character build.  I actually spent a decent portion today just in the main game getting various talismans and skills/incantations I missed for a new bui

@Remij click this if you want to go into the expansion with the right mindset

Spoiler

the final boss is a major wtf? a lot of upset fans. though, i saw a few of the "best" bosses......brooo...they own! for some reason, ER can't stick the landing lol.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Remij click this if you want to go into the expansion with the right mindset

Reveal hidden contents

the final boss is a major wtf? a lot of upset fans. though, i saw a few of the "best" bosses......brooo...they own! for some reason, ER can't stick the landing lol.

Eh, I'll form my own opinion as I play lol.  My expectations are probably different than some peoples out there :fblike: 

• Upvote 1

i think my gf knew i wanted to play this (i may have low key dropped that i wanted to play this tonight lol) and asked if we can do something tomorrow night instead.  the universe is on my side. just one more hour to go for me :smoke:

• aitch 2

I still get a kick out of this.  Yoshi-P from SquareEnix announced the FF14 Dawntrail release date, everyone cheers, then he said they wanted to release it a week earlier but they wanted to give everyone a week to play the Elden Ring DLC :D:D:D 

What a boss.  He knows how much of a force Elden Ring is and not to get in its way. :smoke: 

Oh, and Elden Ring on Steam has 550K concurrent players right now.. lmfao.. that's crazy.  DLC hype plus people who've undoubtedly just bought the game... crazy numbers.

Edited by Remij
  • Haha 1
Just now, Remij said:

I still get a kick out of this.  Yoshi-P from SquareEnix announced the FF14 Dawntrail release date, everyone cheers, then he said they wanted to release it a week earlier but they wanted to give everyone a week to play the Elden Ring DLC :D:D:D 

What a boss.  He knows how much of a force Elden Ring is and not to get in its way. :smoke: 

that is beyond awesome :D

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i think my gf knew i wanted to play this (i may have low key dropped that i wanted to play this tonight lol) and asked if we can do something tomorrow night instead.  the universe is on my side. just one more hour to go for me :smoke:

You playing on PC?

43 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

You playing on PC?

Yup. I’m just exploring. I defeated a few mini bosses. 

Ok, I put in about ah hour and a half. I mainly did a bunch of suicide runs to find new areas and items. There’s a cool new system of collectibles that helps even out the playing field for lower level players and new game + ones. Those buffs only stay in the expansion. So far, it definitely feels like more Elden Ring, though more dense. I have already unlocked 1/2 of the main map. The game definitely is more vertically structured. While I have discovered those portions of the map, many areas are out of reach. The level design feels very well thought out, so far. My only gripes are enemy/mini boss recycling, but that was expected. It’s too early to give deeper impressions. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Yup. I’m just exploring. I defeated a few mini bosses. 

Oh I thought you got the first one on Xbox or PS5 ? Does your save transfer or is that why you did a new run through? 

20 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Oh I thought you got the first one on Xbox or PS5 ? Does your save transfer or is that why you did a new run through? 

I did a new run. I was like new game +4 on my PlayStation one. I’m migrating my library to PC. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, JonDnD said:

I want this but I'm not doing it lol. I'd have to get the Xstink version too meh

I am waiting for a sale. 

Vanilla game is still $60