Looks like Trump is for immigration again.

He is a chameleon. It just depends on who he's talking to and who's donating to him .

Green cards to every immigrant who gets a degree from a college? Lol that could be abused so easily. 😂

6 minutes ago, Cooke said:

He is a chameleon. It just depends on who he's talking to and who's donating to him .

Green cards to every immigrant who gets a degree from a college? Lol that could be abused so easily. 😂

They already walked that his outlandish claims over the weekend. 

Just now, Substatic said:

Pretty sure stopping legal migration would greatly hurt our economy and population growth.

We need to slow down population growth. Let the immigrants grow their own populations in their countries. We have enough to worry about in the US. We need to close our borders like we did during Covid and fix America. Then and only then should we think about allowing immigration. Not even sure why immigrants would want to come here anyway. We are the "Shoot Each Other" capital of the world.

24 minutes ago, Tainted said:

We need to slow down population growth. Let the immigrants grow their own populations in their countries. We have enough to worry about in the US. We need to close our borders like we did during Covid and fix America. Then and only then should we think about allowing immigration. Not even sure why immigrants would want to come here anyway. We are the "Shoot Each Other" capital of the world.

Will be fun when there's not enough working people to paying into the system to keep things like social security funded and food prices that would be permanently higher than inflation rates, higher cost for hospitality, restaurants, and further reduced working Americans due to many families that will need one parent to quit working to raise their kids. 

Equating immigration to a reduced quality of life is kind of silly when you can point to plenty of countries with low immigration rates that are in economic wastelands. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Will be fun when there's not enough working people to paying into the system to keep things like social security funded and food prices that would be permanently higher than inflation rates, higher cost for hospitality, restaurants, and further reduced working Americans due to many families that will need one parent to quit working to raise their kids. 

Equating immigration to a reduced quality of life is kind of silly when you can point to plenty of countries with low immigration rates that are in economic wastelands. 

All those concerns can be resolved by stopping the US government from wasting so much money. Putting all that money back into the tax payers hands. Back into the employers hands. This will not only reduce our debt (which also comes from us wasting trillions of dollars in handouts to NATO and non-NATO countries as well as spending on legal/illegal immigrants). This can not only increase the quality of life for citizens of the US, but we can build up our military to be stronger than ever. We can put more police on the streets to protect citizens and eliminate more and more thugs, put more educators in classrooms with better pay, all which lead to more jobs. Take all that money and fix our infrastructure for roads, technology. Higher wages for our citizens. 

Instead of giving all of our money away to illegal and illegal immigrants (which are also killing US citizens), and fighting everyone else's wars, we can now keep it and put it back into our country where it belongs. And tariff the SHIT out of imports as well. AND STOP the government from spending MY money to pay off student loan debt. All that money could go back into consumer's pockets, into social security, improving our schools, protecting our citizens. 

We are the nanny state of the world, and it's ridiculous. The democrats are killing America.

Trump better think twice about allowing any more immigrants.

9 minutes ago, Tainted said:

All those concerns can be resolved by stopping the US government from wasting so much money. Putting all that money back into the tax payers hands. Back into the employers hands. This will not only reduce our debt (which also comes from us wasting trillions of dollars in handouts to NATO and non-NATO countries as well as spending on legal/illegal immigrants). This can not only increase the quality of life for citizens of the US, but we can build up our military to be stronger than ever. We can put more police on the streets to protect citizens and eliminate more and more thugs, put more educators in classrooms with better pay, all which lead to more jobs. Take all that money and fix our infrastructure for roads, technology. Higher wages for our citizens. 

Instead of giving all of our money away to illegal and illegal immigrants (which are also killing US citizens), and fighting everyone else's wars, we can now keep it and put it back into our country where it belongs. And tariff the SHIT out of imports as well. AND STOP the government from spending MY money to pay off student loan debt. All that money could go back into consumer's pockets, into social security, improving our schools, protecting our citizens. 

We are the nanny state of the world, and it's ridiculous. The democrats are killing America.

Trump better think twice about allowing any more immigrants.

Lol I've got some crypto to sell you. 

1 hour ago, Tainted said:

What exactly would be the benefit of harming the economy and population by that much?  

Immigrants Contribute Greatly to U.S. Economy, Despite Administration’s “Public Charge” Rule Rationale | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (cbpp.org)

Immigrants are significantly less likely to commit crimes than the U.S.-born - Northwestern Now

Could the U.S. Population Shrink? | PRB

19 minutes ago, Substatic said:

1. Nobody said that immigrants didn't contribute to the economy.

2. Nobody said immigrants were killing more or less citizens. 

22 minutes ago, Tainted said:

1. Nobody said that immigrants didn't contribute to the economy.

2. Nobody said immigrants were killing more or less citizens. 

I never said you said that.

I'm asking for the benefits of banning legal migration that could possibly outweigh the huge consequences. 

Edited by Substatic
23 hours ago, Cooke said:

He's for the opposite of what the Democrats are winning on.

On 2024-06-25 at 3:11 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

There are other ways to increase birthright other than immigration. A strong and prosperous middle class is one.

Funny how western civilizations hasn't needed immigration since their inception, up until very recently where low-mid income earners are completely broke and don't want to raise families anymore. When you live paycheck by paycheck in a shitty small apartment, no one goes ''yeah, this is the perfect time to have kids''. I mean the issue goes beyond just economic reasons but that's the gist of it. 

None of the western leaders care anymore about their own citizens. Just import the third world, that'll work. 

2 hours ago, David P said:

There are other ways to increase birthright other than immigration. A strong and prosperous middle class is one.

Funny how western civilizations hasn't needed immigration since their inception, up until very recently where low-mid income earners are completely broke and don't want to raise families anymore. When you live paycheck by paycheck in a shitty small apartment, no one goes ''yeah, this is the perfect time to have kids''. I mean the issue goes beyond just economic reasons but that's the gist of it. 

None of the western leaders care anymore about their own citizens. Just import the third world, that'll work. 

This is why I don't take you seriously. The west has been built on immigration. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

This is why I don't take you seriously. The west has been built on immigration. 

You mean the US, maybe. You think western Europe or Canada ever had immigrations compared to now unless post WW1/WW2 when they needed labor? Unless there was a crisis of some kind where you have waves of certain countries coming in. My province was mostly homogenous until the last century. As in French speaking. I guess we have had a high Italian population for a long time, the Irish.

You can deny that birth rate didn't need immigration in the past. As evident by foreigners being very small minority group in most countries. I don't think the mass immigration we have seen recently is comparable to the rate of immigration in the past, unless like a specified during extraordinary events.

Edited by David P
4 hours ago, David P said:

You mean the US, maybe. You think western Europe or Canada ever had immigrations compared to now unless post WW1/WW2 when they needed labor? Unless there was a crisis of some kind where you have waves of certain countries coming in. My province was mostly homogenous until the last century. As in French speaking. I guess we have had a high Italian population for a long time, the Irish.

You can deny that birth rate didn't need immigration in the past. As evident by foreigners being very small minority group in most countries. I don't think the mass immigration we have seen recently is comparable to the rate of immigration in the past, unless like a specified during extraordinary events.

Yes, I meant America. The topic of the thread. And yes Europe relied on immigration as well. The "middle class" is a distinction that only goes back to like the gilded age. Yes, after major events like world wars migration and immigration see a boom but also with economic booms like the industrial revolution and reconstruction era. 

Again, can't take you seriously.