So games performing better on PS5 relative to Series X is indeed.... because of the toolz :tom:

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Because having to consider PC holds both consoles back...  This isn't the "gotcha" you thought it was.

Multiple console skus holding Xbox back huh? Again who would have thought :jordan3:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teh toolz still haven't matured    It's not just teh toolz.. It's a combination off teh toolz, lower level APIs and higher clocks. 

Not a lemming he still maintains  

Spends hours of his week shilling for free but don't you dare suggest he actually buy an Xbox.   

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Multiple console skus holding Xbox back huh? Again who would have thought :jordan3:

Again, it's not the fact that there's multiple skus.. it's that they share the development tools with PC. Thus fundamental low level optimizations that COULD be made for both Series X and S... aren't being made because their API targets a wide variety of hardware.

30 minutes ago, Cell said:

Dude subjects us to his pretentious garbage for years whilst calling everyone else retarded while he's at it but now admits he only understands "quite a bit".

Just think if you stop wasting your time pretending to be an authority on something you don't truly understand you and JonB will have more time to spend nuttin' over each other. 

:hest:

You barely posted here over the past 5 years.  You're only posting now for some reason and I hurt your feelings and thus posts like this one of yours exist.  You're literally on my dick constantly because I hurt your feelings.  Nobody subjected you to anything.. you chose it :hehe: 

25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Devs and DF :it's a combination of tje tools and the hardware design.

Lemij : nah based on my development experience with the hardware it's mostly teh tools. 

It is mostly the tools.  It's literally why they said first and foremost it's this.... :drake: 

We've heard some interesting theories over the years - such as how Xbox Series X's split-memory set-up (560GB/s of bandwidth on 'fast' memory, 336GB/s on 'slow' memory) may be impacting performance, but the number one reason we've heard from developers concerns the nature of Sony's development environment. 

I mean... why are you getting upset that the main reason PS5 performs as good as it does relative to the Series X is because the tools and dev environment are simply better and more optimized... and devs prioritize Playstation?

I literally said it was the tools, and you idiots have been mocking me saying "teh toolz, any day now" :lemming:.... and here they've confirmed once again, that it's because the tools..

19 minutes ago, Remij said:

It is mostly the tools.  It's literally why they said first and foremost it's this.... :drake: 

I mean... why are you getting upset that the main reason PS5 performs as good as it does relative to the Series X is because the tools and dev environment are simply better and more optimized... and devs prioritize Playstation?

I literally said it was the tools, and you idiots have been mocking me saying "teh toolz, any day now" :lemming:.... and here they've confirmed once again, that it's because the tools..

Why would be upset that's it's a combination of teh tools and hardware design? 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Why would be upset that's it's a combination of teh tools and hardware design? 

You're upset that I said the same thing... just that I said the tools was the majority of the reason :drake: 

Think about that...

:cruise: Well, that's another Lemij backfire thread.

Buddy made this thread thinking he had a gotcha moment only to spend his time hours later typing damage control paragraphs and having multiple meltdowns :mj:.

Dude never pauses to think before hitting the Start New Topic button. If he did, he would have known that this thread was a backfire thread waiting to happen based on the content of DF's article. They were basically repeating what Cerny said years ago and what most people with brains (aka. non-lemmings) already knew :kaz:.

:omglol: The retard thought he was posting a revelation only for it to blow up in his face.

3 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:cruise: Well, that's another Lemij backfire thread.

Buddy made this thread thinking he had a gotcha moment only to spend his time hours later typing damage control paragraphs and having multiple meltdowns :mj:.

Dude never pauses to think before hitting the Start New Topic button. If he did, he would have known that this thread was a backfire thread waiting to happen based on the content of DF's article. They were basically repeating what Cerny said years ago and what most people with brains (aka. non-lemmings) already knew :kaz:.

:omglol: The retard thought he was posting a revelation only for it to blow up in his face.

Complete nonsense :tom: 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Remij said:

You're upset that I said the same thing... just that I said the tools was the majority of the reason :drake: 

Think about that...

It's not teh tools alone, you can spin it however you like.   It's a combination. :umad:

"So, based on our conversations, the combination of a more efficient GPU compiler, lower-level APIs and higher clock speeds allows PlayStation 5 to match or even exceed the outputs of Xbox Series X in some scenarios" 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

It's not teh tools alone, you can spin it now  however you like.  It's a combination of both. :umad:

I never said it was... jesus :D  But it's mostly the tools.... the thing you guys tried making fun of me for :umad: 

26 minutes ago, Remij said:

I never said it was... jesus :D  But it's mostly the tools.... the thing you guys tried making fun of me for :umad: 

Developers said the tools weren't mature since launch that's not new news.

The Joke was after hyping series X as the beast that would run laps around PS5 it got crippled by teh tools. 

The new news is the hardware architecture actually helps PS5 close the gap and perform better in certain games. 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Developers said the tools weren't mature since launch that's not new news.

The Joke was after hyping series X as the beast that would run laps around PS5 it got crippled by teh tools. 

The new news is the hardware architecture actually helps PS5 close the gap and perform better in certain games. 

LMFAO... dude... teh clock speedz are not architecture :rofl: :rofls: 

And no... you specifically laughed at me when I agreed with DF that the tools were part of the issue.... my god :kaz: 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO... dude... teh clock speedz are not architecture :rofl: :rofls: 

And no... you specifically laughed at me when I agreed with DF that the tools were part of the issue.... my god :kaz: 

Go re read the thread. I said it's a combination. 

Do you think the clock speeds of tbe CPU and CPU exists in a vacuum? And are chosen on a whim or something? :will2:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Go re read the thread. I said it's a combination. 

Do you think the clock speeds of tbe CPU and CPU exists in a vacuum? And are chosen on a whim or something? :will2:

I never said it wasn't... 

MS could bump their CPU and GPU clocks tomorrow.  WOW teh architecture improvement!!   LOL I'm overclocking my GPU in my PC right now.. glad I could improve the architecture!! :drake: 

LOL stop playin :rofl: :rofls: 

Just now, Remij said:

I never said it wasn't... 

MS could bump their CPU and GPU clocks tomorrow.  WOW teh architecture improvement!!   LOL I'm overclocking my GPU in my PC right now.. glad I could improve the architecture!! :drake: 

LOL stop playin :rofl: :rofls: 

You never said it wasn't so you agree it's a combination.. So what exactly are you arguing about? Lol

The PS5 GPU and CPU both designed with variable clock frequencies and utilizes smart shift to automatically achieve this without developers having to design around fixed clocks. That is 100% part of how the system was engineered.. So yes the higher frequencies and how the variable clock work on PS5 are part of its architecture.. It's not just simply derp derp an overclock. :lemming:

Does series X use variable or fixed clocks? Does it utilize smart shift?... Whoops don't think it was part of its architecture :umad: