Gonna get crucified for this here, but whatever, there's been a rumor for a while now Nintendo is bringing some of their catalog games to PC

HipHopGamer (lol yes) actually said this a while back in January and was adamant that it's happening.  He said that they're going to start releasing in 2026.

Now, we can all laugh at the idea of that being true or not.. but there's rumblings around other people who claim to have heard about this as well...  and when you think of how hard Nintendo just decided to crack down on literally all of the Nintendo emulators out there.. that could make sense that they want those things essentially dead before they start bringing some games over.

Now, I'm not saying yes or no... but let's be real.. if they started porting their back catalog of games, like releasing nothing newer than the WiiU gen..  I couldn't see that negatively affecting their console business at all.  They would make a literal shit ton of money selling ports and collections of their older games, and people honestly would pay high prices for them.  Nintendo would absolutely RAKE IN money.

I mean, anything can happen these days.. I'd be utterly shocked.. but we've seen crazy shit happen.

3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It would be smart for them to stop making hardware and just support PC going forward. I doubt this is true.

Lmfao Nintendo is fucking killing it. Not every company has to act like greedy pimps all of the time. 

5 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Of course they are going to. Its free money.

Then you'll have Sheep on twitter acting like PS fanboys are right now claiming how "owned" PC gamers are because the console sells more copies :hehe: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Then you'll have Sheep on twitter acting like PS fanboys are right now claiming how "owned" PC gamers are because the console sells more copies :hehe: 

The probably already have the damage controlled prepped and prepared lol

GookNoFun - yer see, ter sales of teh mario kart 11 have been drastically improvved with sales of teh PC versions and now someone TLHBO haha XBOX LEMMING XBOX LEMMON XBOX :crymore: UK sales improofing greatly as i has predicked !

13 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

The probably already have the damage controlled prepped and prepared lol

GookNoFun - yer see, ter sales of teh mario kart 11 have been drastically improvved with sales of teh PC versions and now someone TLHBO haha XBOX LEMMING XBOX LEMMON XBOX :crymore: UK sales improofing greatly as i has predicked !

That "Gook" shit isn't cool just because you're in a bad place right now. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

lol i like how he mentions donkey kong when there hasn't been a donkey kong in 10 years.

They wouldn't port new games... they'd be porting Gamecube/Wii/Wiiu games most likely.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

HipHopGamer, why even bother? :drake:

Well, a couple other people independent of him have said they heard about it... also it would make sense with how they've cracked down on emulation by literally forcing developers to stop developing the emulators themselves.  They typically just crack down on the sharing of games and rom sites... but stopping the emulators development through heavy handed means, suggests they might have plans for something.

It's just a rumor obviously, but it would be pretty incredible if it happened.

Just now, Remij said:

The numbers Pokemon and Animal Crossing would do on PC would be insane lol.

Exactly. They’ve done iOS games. I don’t see why they can’t bring some to pc that would bring in bank. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Exactly. They’ve done iOS games. I don’t see why they can’t bring some to pc that would bring in bank. 

For sure.  Might as well have people paying for your games than pirating/emulating them. 

But Nintendo always does their own thing.. so it's unlikely... but like I said it would be crazy if they actually did this.  For their old games they literally could just emulate them.. the work is already done because we know they're using PCs at their Nintendo museum :D :D  It's literally free money.

30 minutes ago, Remij said:

Well, a couple other people independent of him have said they heard about it... also it would make sense with how they've cracked down on emulation by literally forcing developers to stop developing the emulators themselves.  They typically just crack down on the sharing of games and rom sites... but stopping the emulators development through heavy handed means, suggests they might have plans for something.

It's just a rumor obviously, but it would be pretty incredible if it happened.

Who else?

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lmfao Nintendo is fucking killing it. Not every company has to act like greedy pimps all of the time. 

Greedy like charging 300 for a console that was obsolete 5 years ago?