Rate the SRPGs from this list that you've played and place them in the order you think they rank among each other

Triangle Strategy

Ogre Battle 64

Final Fantasy Tactics

The Diofield Chronicles

Vandal Hearts

Persona Tactica

Fire Emblem series (whichever you've played)

Valkyria Chronicles series (whichever you've played)

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

I'm curious to know how people would rate these games from worst to best.  I've played everything excluding some of the Fire Emblem games, Valkyria Chronicles 3 on PSP, and The Diofield Chronicles.  I'd like to start playing through some of these games again.

I played some Persona Tactica. Got bored quick. Id never play any of those other games. I played some FE game on 3ds but i cant remember anything about it.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Triangle Strategy

Ogre Battle 64

Final Fantasy Tactics

The Diofield Chronicles

Vandal Hearts

Persona Tactica

I'm curious to know how people would rate these games from worst to best.  I've played everything excluding some of the Fire Emblem games, Valkyria Chronicles 3 on PSP, and The Diofield Chronicles.  I'd like to start playing through some of these games again.

Can only rate the ones I have ever played.

1 Fire Emblem

2 Valkyria Chronicles

3 Final Fantasy Tactics

13 hours ago, Remij said:

Triangle Strategy

Ogre Battle 64

Final Fantasy Tactics

The Diofield Chronicles

Vandal Hearts

Persona Tactica

I'm your man,

Tactics Ogre LUCT - didn't like the new port much but still the GOAT. Very hard in the early game though.

Final Fantasy Tactics - still one of the GOAT.

Valkyria Chronicles - fantastic franchise, 1 and 4 are fantastic.

Triangle Strategy - fantastic gameplay, average story but still very cool and worthy of your time.

The Diofield Chronicles - not really a SRPG but fantastly underrated game, one of the best new IP game Square has made in decades.

Ogre Battle 64, great but not for everyone. More of a RTS with pauses than a turn based RPG.

Fire Emblem - Trash. All of them.

Vandal Hearts - old outdated trash. Not worthy of it's collector's price at all. Avoid it.

Persona 5 Tactica - will play eventually but looks terrible.

Also if you want a great SRPG from a western dev check out Expeditions: Rome. Rapes most Japanese SRPGs with ease.

5 minutes ago, David P said:

Vandal Hearts - old outdated trash. Not worthy of it's collector's price at all. Avoid it.

Persona 5 Tactica - will play eventually but looks terrible.

Also if you want a great SRPG from a western dev check out Expeditions: Rome. Rapes most Japanese SRPGs with ease.

P5tactica is competent and solid enough, but nothing special. 

3 minutes ago, David P said:

Coming from the biggest Persona fan I know, this is pretty worrying. :D

I thought strikers did a great job balancing persona with dynasty warrior combat. Tactica was fun, but the story/characters felt like afterthoughts. 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, David P said:

I'm your man,

Tactics Ogre LUCT - didn't like the new port much but still the GOAT. Very hard in the early game though.

Final Fantasy Tactics - still one of the GOAT.

Valkyria Chronicles - fantastic franchise, 1 and 4 are fantastic.

Triangle Strategy - fantastic gameplay, average story but still very cool and worthy of your time.

The Diofield Chronicles - not really a SRPG but fantastly underrated game, one of the best new IP game Square has made in decades.

Ogre Battle 64, great but not for everyone. More of a RTS with pauses than a turn based RPG.

Fire Emblem - Trash. All of them.

FEAwakening was amazing so fuck you. 

22 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

FEAwakening was amazing so fuck you. 

Forgettable, bottom of the barrel junk. Literally every game mentioned itt is a better SRPG mechanically and storywise.

• NPC 1
17 hours ago, Remij said:

Triangle Strategy

Ogre Battle 64

Final Fantasy Tactics

The Diofield Chronicles

Vandal Hearts

Persona Tactica

From what I've played:

Fire Emblem Awakening

FFT

Fire Emblem 3H

Triangle Strategy

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Ogre Battle 64

1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Digaea 7 deserves a special mention as the deepest of all SRPGs and the series return to form after 6.

There's nothing deep about Disgaea. It's all worthless gimmicks that aren't even required to win. Balance is all over the place. 

Also the setup required to stacking up characters or combos is fucking boring as hell regardless of the perceived depth. It's slow.

You weebs who like this trash have horrible taste and an IQ barely above room temperature. You are literally duped into thinking a SRPG is a bunch of gimmick and endless grind. 

Disgaea is deep, I mean I can level up my character to level 9999999999999999 and do 99999999999999 dmg in one hit after setting up my 10 characters for 4 minutes while grinding an old mission that pose no challenge whatsoever just to get a higher rank reward. So deep.

:patpatpat:

Edited by David P

Triangle Strategy - mid

Final Fantasy Tactics - goat tier

Fire Emblem series (whichever you've played) - mid

Valkyria Chronicles series (whichever you've played) - 1 is good

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - goat tier

13 minutes ago, David P said:

There's nothing deep about Disgaea. It's all worthless gimmicks that aren't even required to win. Balance is all over the place. 

Also the setup required to stacking up characters or combos is fucking boring as hell regardless of the perceived depth. It's slow.

You weebs who like this trash have horrible taste and an IQ barely above room temperature. You are literally duped into thinking a SRPG is a bunch of gimmick and endless grind. 

Disgaea is deep, I mean I can level up my character to level 9999999999999999 and do 99999999999999 dmg in one hit after setting up my 10 characters for 4 minutes while grinding an old mission that pose no challenge whatsoever just to get a higher rank reward. So deep.

:patpatpat:

cant speak for the franchise at large, but 1 was pretty decent despite its flaws. its the simplest, has the most tolerable characters, and has 2d sprites. its like a darkstalkers srpg.