The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

On chapter 3 of Ace Attorney Investigations 2. This gam’s scope is huge even compared to the first game. This chapter alone is like 8 hours long apparently :ben: 

yeahhhh...i'm going to have to hold off on that title for a while lol. life is hectic with the hurricane helene aftermath and the upcoming election. i still haven't finished astrobot :deadest:

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeahhhh...i'm going to have to hold off on that title for a while lol. life is hectic with the hurricane helene aftermath and the upcoming election. i still haven't finished astrobot :deadest:

yeah it’s damn good though. It goes really deep into Edgeworth’s history and backstory and develops him in interesting ways. I think he might actually end up being a better character than Phoenix Wright.

• aitch 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

yeah it’s damn good though. It goes really deep into Edgeworth’s history and backstory and develops him in interesting ways. I think he might actually end up being a better character than Phoenix Wright.

yeah, i'll end up playing the first again too. however, i need to clear up my current roster of games. that way, i can play this (on the go/at office) and stellar blade at the house.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, i'll end up playing the first again too. however, i need to clear up my current roster of games. that way, i can play this (on the go/at office) and stellar blade at the house.

I will say playing both the first and 2nd game back to back isn't easy. You definitely feel fatigue because of how similar the mechanics are and just the fact that so much of the experience is just reading text.

Playing a different game on the side like Astrobot and now Echoes of Wisdom helps.

I enjoy the stupid secret of mana 2 remake, finally slimypass is good for something 

still prefer the snes og tho, never understand forced 3d environments

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1

The 4th chapter in Miles Edgeworth 2 was nuts! And it’s only going to get crazier. The last one is apparently 9 hours long :ben: I imagine that’s gotta be the longest case in the series’ history.

Finished Space Marine 2.  I dont know, it was kind of meh. The 2nd half is better than the first but it was just so repetitive. I would barely call the campaign a campaign.

Its all kill the same group of enemies, regroup at an area, do again

Advance > press X to open door - press X to take elevator - press X to move rock - kill same enemies > repeat for 10 hours

The first half enemy variety is terrible. Its a little better in the second half but quickly becomes the same enemies over and over.  There is only a handful of bosses and one is repeated. 

I couldnt care less about anything story related in the game.

Good part of this all is the gameplay is fun. Its very basic but it plays well. Movement is good, shooting feels really good. Lots of weapons to use. The melee combat is basic but it still fun clearing out hordes of (the same) enemies.

Maybe co op it would have been more fun.

I dont care to try the online stuff. Ill fire it back up when they add the horde mode next year.

6.5/10

• Upvote 1

Finished Miles Edgeworth 2. Man I almost forgot Capcom had skilled writers given how meh the storytelling in most of their big franchises is. But this game was really something, especially in the latter cases. So many twists and the way so many aspects of the storytelling are interconnected throughout the entire game is impressive.

The only downside is that the limited gameplay mechanics do get tiring and repetitive, especially when playing this right after the first game. They don't add enough new stuff and a lot of the time it feels like you're just going through the motions.

My final score is a 8.5. Its a great collection of games and I hope Capcom will eventually revisit this series.

• Upvote 2
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

A hour into SH2 on PS5. It owns :whew:

Weird, I thought it would be terrible. Turning SH into RE like game sounds really bad to me.

But then again SH2 was a great game.

Just some quick PS5 games impressions.

Didn't expect to say this but Wanted Dead is my favorite PS5 game so far. The cutscenes are amazing. This is Japanese gaming at it's best, it's like a mix between MGS, Deadly Premonition and No More Heroes storytelling. I don't know how else to explain it. Gameplay kicks ass too.

Granblue Fantasy Relink, kinda meh/average so far.

Final Fantasy XVI, really jarring for me to hear 'Fuck' or 'You cock' in a FF game. :D

Bombrush Cyberfunk. This game is cool. It has the vibes and the art style is even better than JSRF. It has more emphasis on tricks than Jet Grind Radio though.

PS5 controller owns. Really happy with it, it does not feel like cheap trash.

No game has really impressed me graphically but I have yet to play a true showcase game like maybe Howart Legacy or something else.

PS4 backward compatibility is FANTASTIC. I'm gonna buy a few more PS4 games for collecting.

On 2024-10-06 at 2:53 PM, Twinblade said:

Finished Miles Edgeworth 2. Man I almost forgot Capcom had skilled writers given how meh the storytelling in most of their big franchises is. But this game was really something, especially in the latter cases. So many twists and the way so many aspects of the storytelling are interconnected throughout the entire game is impressive.

The only downside is that the limited gameplay mechanics do get tiring and repetitive, especially when playing this right after the first game. They don't add enough new stuff and a lot of the time it feels like you're just going through the motions.

My final score is a 8.5. Its a great collection of games and I hope Capcom will eventually revisit this series.

Gonna buy the physical copy of this for PS4. It's Europe exclusive so it'll probably become rare. Also no PS5 version. Lol.

Also, Miles Edgeworth 2 is the only game in the series I haven't played.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, David P said:

Gonna buy the physical copy of this for PS4. It's Europe exclusive so it'll probably become rare. Also no PS5 version. Lol.

Also, Miles Edgeworth 2 is the only game in the series I haven't played.

Miles Edgeworth 2 was never localized until now. Most people haven't played it.

• Upvote 1

I’m so pumped for metaphor refantazio. I’m glad the performance issues were fixed on the SD and I was able to truly enjoy the demo. 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1

I was playing the Dead Rising Remaster the last couple weeks and probably won't get back to it now that Silent Hill 2 is out.

Enjoyed my time with it. Beat it a couple times for various achievements and got the 7-day survivor achievement. I think they kind of overdid nerfing down the difficulty, though. Like the 7-day survivor achievement especially was this storied achievement of the era because of how ridiculous it was to play the game for 14-hours straight without saves. I got it on PS4 when you could just suspend the game so I'm not a purist or anything and I support an in-game suspend and speeding time up, but those two things plus zombies dropping food just makes it this 2-3 hours achievement that's easier than a handful of other achievements in the game.

• Upvote 2
16 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I was playing the Dead Rising Remaster the last couple weeks and probably won't get back to it now that Silent Hill 2 is out.

Enjoyed my time with it. Beat it a couple times for various achievements and got the 7-day survivor achievement. I think they kind of overdid nerfing down the difficulty, though. Like the 7-day survivor achievement especially was this storied achievement of the era because of how ridiculous it was to play the game for 14-hours straight without saves. I got it on PS4 when you could just suspend the game so I'm not a purist or anything and I support an in-game suspend and speeding time up, but those two things plus zombies dropping food just makes it this 2-3 hours achievement that's easier than a handful of other achievements in the game.

DR is one of my most replayed game of all time and I just don't care about the remake. It seems legitimately worst in a couple of ways and I don't mean just the dumb changes they've made. I've seen several bugs that aren't even in the original. Kind of a useless remake anyway, the original has great ports and at that point I know how to handle the bad AI and workaround it's flaws.

Apparently they nerfed Adam's chainsaw. That's probably a plus but hardly changes anything. No one force you to cheese the original with the chainsaws and the magazines anyway.