The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Capcom :bow: They have the talent to make a crazy game like Rev, I don't understand why RE6 could be the same :shake:

I don't think they expected this gen to go as long as it has. They probably realized only in 2010 that they had another 2-3 years left in this gen so they went with RE6. It was a safe investment, didn't require much gameplay innovation and design changes and is an all around smart way to close of the generation. Bank on RE5's success, win people over with returning "fan favorites" like Leon and just make that $$$.

Hopefully, (and I fucking mean hopefully) they're conceptualizing RE7 for next-gen consoles as we speak and it is the reboot we were originally expecting form RE6.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

oh damn..i thought i was done with the game. until....i don't want to give anything away. ;)

Assignment Ada 2 :noway

Will wait for next 8-4 to see if minds are altered before picking it up and borrowing a 3DS. :smugd:

it's out :smugd:

oh damn..i thought i was done with the game. until....i don't want to give anything away. ;)

Assignment Ada 2 :noway

Will wait for next 8-4 to see if minds are altered before picking it up and borrowing a 3DS. :smugd:

it's out :smugd:an interesting twist :monosmug:

tbh at least RE6 has zombies. thats probably the dumbest omission in revelations.

eh, the creatures aren't bad. i loved the zombies from the older games. though the basic ooze creatures act move like zombies. the more evolved ones have different behavior patterns, which i like.

I actually like the concept of the ganados and majini from RE4/5 more than simple zombies, it's just that they didn't execute it properly. The idea of being surrounded in a village by psychotic people wielding axes and butcher knives is terrifying. It just falls flat from a terror perspective when your character is so powerful. You're able to just man handle them one by one. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared or on edge in RE4 when i was surrounded in the first village and the chainsaw guy showed up. Also they open up more gameplay possibilties. You can have them climb ladders, throw things at you, etc. Zombies can't really do much but just run right at you. It would be nice to see Capcom take their AI to the next level and have enemies work together to kill you. Eg. cut off your potential paths of escape. That would be fucking scary lol.

Edited by -CM-

I actually like the concept of the ganados and majini from RE4/5 more than simple zombies, it's just that they didn't execute it properly. The idea of being surrounded in a village by psychotic people wielding axes and butcher knives is terrifying. It just falls flat from a terror perspective when your character is so powerful. You're able to just man handle them one by one. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared or on edge in RE4 when i was surrounded in the first village and the chainsaw guy showed up.

Also they open up more gameplay possibilties. You can have them climb ladders, throw things at you, etc. Zombies can't really do much but just run right at you. It would be nice to see Capcom take their AI to the next level and have enemies work together to kill you. Eg. cut off your potential paths of escape. That would be fucking scary lol.

I would have preferring the ganados to be spin-off. 5 just felt like I was picking off savage villagers, no wonder it looked racist to some people.

Just got to chapter 6... Revelations is so much better than RE5 its not even funny... better bosses, better atmosphere, much longer game, better pacing etc... In short... Game ownz :bow:

it cranks up the action in the second half, while still managing to stay atmospheric through most of it.

So GD, the reviews said the mansion/ship was the best part, and made hints the rest of the game underperfomed, do you think they were true on that?

in terms of old-school atmosphere and pacing, the early ship parts are the best. the more freaky moments happen in the first half. now, i think the more action-oriented parts, outside of the ship (and on), got a bad rap. some of the mountain stuff was fun. also, the on-rails sequences were well done. in some ways, it felt like 2 games in 1. you had the slow "boo" factor and unpredictability of the earlier games. then you had the crazier, mob of enemies type of fights, comparable to the newer titles. though some of the action parts required pure survival over gunfire, which i liked a lot. i would elaborate, but i don't want to spoil anything. there was one very cheap part, which i wished they had left out. most of the game is on the ship btw, even a good portion of the action parts. overall, it's not as epic as re 4, but it's got more horror. would it have been better if the whole thing was filled with creepy and jumpy moments? i don't think so, since i like how the action broke things up. no particular part ever felt old. overall, i'd say the game is an 8.5. it would've scored higher if it had an intriguing story/characters and presented some new gameplay mechanics. Edited by -GD-

nice review GD. Sounds like the game sealed the deal on the 3DS being a good purchase for you. http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/cool.gif

thanks! yeah the 3ds owns pretty hard. i still got to wrap up the extra levels in mario and finish pushmo (plus i want to create levels for it).

btw, the true final boss in re revelations is hard as fuck (at least for me). i get so close to killing him (i think) and then die. one of the more memorable boss fights :bow:

Edited by -GD-