The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

I beat p3. That was a long fucking final boss fight. Sad ending ;( very great game, though p4g owns it.

You gonna start another RPG?Maybe :face: you got one in mind?

It's about time you play the greatest RPG of all time: Chrono Trigger.

I beat p3. That was a long fucking final boss fight. Sad ending ;( very great game, though p4g owns it.

You gonna start another RPG? Maybe :face: you got one in mind?   It's about time you play the greatest RPG of all time: Chrono Trigger. Massively overrated.

You gonna start another RPG? Maybe :face: you got one in mind?     It's about time you play the greatest RPG of all time: Chrono Trigger. Massively overrated.

Not really, no. Chrono Trigger was a crowning achievement back when it came out. Surely you must have played it years after its initial release and have a distorted view.

Either way, I played them all and it's still in my top 5, call it nostalgia tainted view if you want, I know what I played as a kid rocked my world and still does to this day.

Please tell me how it's supposed to be overrated exactly?

You gonna start another RPG?Maybe :face: you got one in mind?

I'd gladly make recommendations, I know my RPGs but I don't know what you're looking for exactly. Forget about other RPGs with social elements though, those are rare.

Would you play an old SNES, PS1 era RPG? Something more focused on story telling or gameplay driven? and what platforms do you have or prefer to play on?

I finally got in the mood to play Luigi's Mansion 2 and plowed through it. I really liked it aside from some moderate criticisms like the bosses needed more personality, the puzzles are little too rote (when in doubt scan the walls with your black light), and constantly getting zapped in and out of the houses hurt the atmosphere a little. Otherwise it was well put together.

im still playing. Getting all the Boos I missed first time thru. Game had a couple shit parts but overall I loved it.

I definitely prefer strong stories and characters over constant grinding. I would preferably want something I can play on my vita or 3ds. I don't care if it's old, as long as it still holds up well. Thanks!

I definitely prefer strong stories and characters over constant grinding. I would preferably want something I can play on my vita or 3ds. I don't care if it's old, as long as it still holds up well. Thanks!

its a OG DS game but i think you'd like The World Ends with You. 

edit: i think its also on ios

Edited by Twinblade

The World Ends With You (DS) is right up your alley. There's no grinding in CT, it has time travelling and like 13 different endings, not too long either. It's literally perfect in every sense. Edited by -skU-

Check out Tactics Ogre for PSP/Vita if you want a good story driven strategy RPG. It's quite challenging though so prepare yourself for a tough learning curve.

The dialogue choices you make affect the story and branch out into totally different events/endings. You might like that aspect of the game.

TWEWY isn't a fun game, don't play it. Just play Chrono Trigger DS or on the iPhone, whichever fits your fancy.

Edited by -CM²-

Decisions..decisions..lol. I will take a break for a bit and then return to the genre. I felt like a crackhead playing p4g and p3 back to back in 1 month :sam:

Lol that's like 160 hours of gaming right there. I don't even have that much time in a month lmfao.

TWEWY isn't a fun game, don't play it. Just play Chrono Trigger DS or on the iPhone, whichever fits your fancy.

PSOne version can be played on Vita too. That version is probably the worst though, seeing as it has a bit of loading times.

Guest C.M.

Not really, no. Chrono Trigger was a crowning achievement back when it came out. Surely you must have played it years after its initial release and have a distorted view.   Either way, I played them all and it's still in my top 5, call it nostalgia tainted view if you want, I know what I played as a kid rocked my world and still does to this day.   Please tell me how it's supposed to be overrated exactly?

i played it in like 2006 for the first time and loved it, it is not overrated at all. The art style is great, combat is quick and fun, characters are memorable and overall th game is just awesomw