The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, Twinblade said:

Honestly you're making me want to try it again. I remember being annoyed with the interface and puzzles in the original, but apparently the dev improved those aspects in the remake.

it controls a lot like cat lady. i love the quick saves with the SD rear buttons.

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

IMG_9127.jpeg

off-screen pic doesn't do it justice, but there's so many weird and twisted scenes.

Remember to play Lorelai and Burnhouse Lane afterwards. They also have some neat imagery :wow2:

• aitch 1

After 12 hours I don't think im gonna continue playing P3 Reloaded. Don't get me wrong the game is still great, but once the shine of the new features and visuals wears off you realize that its very much the same game as P3 and I don't think Im willing to dump several dozen more hours into what is already a very familiar experience. Its definitely a fantastic way to experience the original for people who never played it though.

I also know Metaphor ReFantazio is going to be very similar to Persona, so I don't want to burn myself out on this formula before that game comes out.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

After 12 hours I don't think im gonna continue playing P3 Reloaded. Don't get me wrong the game is still great, but once the shine of the new features and visuals wears off you realize that its very much the same game as P3 and I don't think Im willing to dump several dozen more hours into what is already a very familiar experience. Its definitely a fantastic way to experience the original for people who never played it though.

I also know Metaphor ReFantazio is going to be very similar to Persona, so I don't want to burn myself out on this formula before that game comes out.

I’ll have to look into Metaphor ReFantazio. 

How are the puzzles in general?

not bad. very straight forward and logical.

edit: some require dark ass shit lol

Nice. ill try to play it at some point :wow2:

it has the same twisted imagery and humor as cat lady. i really like this dev's style.

• Like 1

So for some reason Lords of the Fallen is $25 bucks at Walmart. Not sure if this was a blunder on their end but I wasn't going to ask to find out. Normally I wouldn't bother with this game but for 25 bucks I'd be foolish to ignore it at that price.

Anyways, played about two hours of it earlier. Man, movement in this game is.... weird. Especially during attack animations, your character just kind of skates around when they attack so getting a good understanding of positioning and spacing can be annoying. There have been countless times I'd think I'd have the spacing right only to watch my character zip past the target while attacking. Combat interactions in this game can get pretty sloppy to day the least. 

The one zone I did play through had pretty solid level design. Did a pretty good job of teaching you how to recognize when you need to switch to umbral exploration because there were quite a few optional nooks and crannies that are hidden in the umbral realm.

First boss was the one they show all the time in the trailers. The fire angel lady, I forgot her name but I think its Piana or something like that. Decent first boss but a little too easy overall. Guess I'm just too use to these games throwing you a "gatekeeper" in the beginning so I was a little surprised she was a bit of a pushover.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Sabo said:

So for some reason Lords of the Fallen is $25 bucks at Walmart. Not sure if this was a blunder on their end but I wasn't going to ask to find out. Normally I wouldn't bother with this game but for 25 bucks I'd be foolish to ignore it at that price.

Anyways, played about two hours of it earlier. Man, movement in this game is.... weird. Especially during attack animations, your character just kind of skates around when they attack so getting a good understanding of positioning and spacing can be annoying. There have been countless times I'd think I'd have the spacing right only to watch my character zip past the target while attacking. Combat interactions in this game can get pretty sloppy to day the least. 

The one zone I did play through had pretty solid level design. Did a pretty good job of teaching you how to recognize when you need to switch to umbral exploration because there were quite a few optional nooks and crannies that are hidden in the umbral realm.

First boss was the one they show all the time in the trailers. The fire angel lady, I forgot her name but I think its Piana or something like that. Decent first boss but a little too easy overall. Guess I'm just too use to these games throwing you a "gatekeeper" in the beginning so I was a little surprised she was a bit of a pushover.

Has the game been fixed from a technical aspect at least? I remember it had massive issues at launch with performance. Had waited for that stuff to be sorted to try it out. Don't expect much from it but I thought the first was an ok B/C tier souls game

43 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Has the game been fixed from a technical aspect at least? I remember it had massive issues at launch with performance. Had waited for that stuff to be sorted to try it out. Don't expect much from it but I thought the first was an ok B/C tier souls game

I heard it was improved dramatically. Not perfect, but playable. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sabo said:

It’s actually $20 now. WTF?

Edit: $20 of I pick it up at one particular store near me. $40 if I have delivered .

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Game has been smooth as silk so far in my experience. Game is at version 1.5 now and has apparently had 95% of its performance and technical issues ironed out. 

• Like 1

Can't really get any games to hold my attention recently. P3 Reload was too familiar, Fallout 76 started off decently but its starting to bore me. V Rising wasn't really my cup of tea even though I had been following it for a while and was waiting for the full release.

Maybe ill finally give the Star Ocean 2 remake a try, I feel like thats one game i'd be able to get into.

@Twinblade I finished Downfall. What a crazy fucking ride :D I saw your post just above, about not being able to get into a game. This one was like 5 hours long. It will definitely keep your attention. Sadistic and funny. Cat Lady was better imo, but this is pretty great in its own way. I got a 21/27, which I guess determines the ending. I would rate this a 8.5/10. An extra hour and better voice acting would have brought it to a 9, but then again, the voice acting added extra humor, especially during twisted scenes. So, maybe a 8.75.