The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade I finished Downfall. What a crazy fucking ride :D I saw your post just above, about not being able to get into a game. This one was like 5 hours long. It will definitely keep your attention. Sadistic and funny. Cat Lady was better imo, but this is pretty great in its own way. I got a 21/27, which I guess determines the ending. I would rate this a 8.5/10. An extra hour and better voice acting would have brought it to a 9, but then again, the voice acting added extra humor, especially during twisted scenes. So, maybe a 8.75. 

yeah I think im gonna go ahead and grab that now.

• aitch 1
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Man, this game must have been very horrible at launch because I'm not in agreement with the low reviews judging by how the game is in it's current state. This game has been pretty good so far, I'm enjoying it more than Stellar Blade. I'm digging the jumping back and forward between the two realms, I thought it would be gimmicky but it's actually utilized well. So far anyways.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Man, this game must have been very horrible at launch because I'm not in agreement with the low reviews judging by how the game is in it's current state. This game has been pretty good so far, I'm enjoying it more than Stellar Blade. I'm digging the jumping back and forward between the two realms, I thought it would be gimmicky but it's actually utilized well. So far anyways.

most of it was performance and balancing issues. i read the cheap kills are gone or have been minimized. a few pre-launch shills admitted the game is significantly better now than how it was at release.

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Can't really get any games to hold my attention recently. P3 Reload was too familiar, Fallout 76 started off decently but its starting to bore me. V Rising wasn't really my cup of tea even though I had been following it for a while and was waiting for the full release.

Maybe ill finally give the Star Ocean 2 remake a try, I feel like thats one game i'd be able to get into.

Drop FO76 and try out SO2. Although be warned, it starts off slow. Even more so when playing with Rena. Pro tip, you should probably start your first game with Claude. 

And while you play SO2, remember that you are playing a JRPG that came out in 1998... and be blown away by how much more advance it is than other JRPGs at the time or even now. It's by far the best game in the series and still is. Remake is great too, makes tons of improvements and up the presentation without changing the experience too much from the PS1 original. It's still the same game, combat is what changed the most but it's probably for the best. 

22 minutes ago, David P said:

Drop FO76 and try out SO2. Although be warned, it starts off slow. Even more so when playing with Rena. Pro tip, you should probably start your first game with Claude. 

And while you play SO2, remember that you are playing a JRPG that came out in 1998... and be blown away by how much more advance it is than other JRPGs at the time or even now. It's by far the best game in the series and still is. Remake is great too, makes tons of improvements and up the presentation without changing the experience too much from the PS1 original. It's still the same game, combat is what changed the most but it's probably for the best. 

Just bought it :smoke: 

@-GD-X Downfall is crazy. I don't remember it being this trippy.

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Just bought it :smoke: 

@-GD-X Downfall is crazy. I don't remember it being this trippy.

It’s definitely trippier than cat lady. It’s one big mind fuck! 

24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade starting up Lorelai. I have to see this through :smoke:

broooo….the graphics are really good! A major jump from the other games. 

Oh yeah and Burnhouse Lane looks even better. In fact I would go as far as to say its one of the better looking 2D games out there.

• aitch 1
5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

digging Dave The Diver

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i dig the gameplay loop in dave the diver. they do a good job at adding new things to keep it fresh.

Awesome to hear man! 

The game will literally continue to keep adding new things all the way to the end. 

• aitch 1

Im gonna give V Rising another chance, so I re-bought it from GMG. It was on sale for $27 which is the lowest i've seen it.

I think I got a bit annoyed because early on some of the enemies are actually super powerful and can kill you almost instantly, and one of them was this plant fucker who kept on spawning in the same area where I was trying to build my castle which was pissing me off :ben: 

11 hours ago, David P said:

I also just uninstalled FO76. I didn't hate the game, in fact I liked it. I just felt the crafting and inventory management was a bit annoying and Im sure I would have gotten better at that stuff if I spent more time on it, but i'd rather just focus on other games for now.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I also just uninstalled FO76. I didn't hate the game, in fact I liked it. I just felt the crafting and inventory management was a bit annoying and Im sure I would have gotten better at that stuff if I spent more time on it, but i'd rather just focus on other games for now.

It still has the same shitty UI as Fallout 4. Inventory management is a pain but that's on purpose and that's quintessential part of Fallout/Bethesda RPGs. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xsome of these puzzles in Downfall are great :D

Reveal hidden contents

Blowing up the dude who smokes with that gas stove :deader:

i know! sadistic af! i actually loved the game so much, i wish it was longer.

as for lorelai, i love the visuals and the improved voice acting. the story is interesting. the puzzles feel a hair bit easy, so far. i'm almost done with chapter2. it's definitely a fun mindfuck, though. i can't wait to finish it so i can play burnhouse lane. i watched some vids, and you weren't joking. this dev is like a mix of david lynch and takashi miike, but with games.

51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i know! sadistic af! i actually loved the game so much, i wish it was longer.

as for lorelai, i love the visuals and the improved voice acting. the story is interesting. the puzzles feel a hair bit easy, so far. i'm almost done with chapter2. it's definitely a fun mindfuck, though. i can't wait to finish it so i can play burnhouse lane. i watched some vids, and you weren't joking. this dev is like a mix of david lynch and takashi miike, but with games.

I just finished it. That was a hell of a game! :wow2: My score was a 25/27 which got me ending A :smug: Im glad I got you to play it or else I wouldn't have even bothered to try it, Its sooooo much better than what I played of the original and is exactly what a remake should be. I was especially surprised by the connections To The Cat Lady.

The dev is definitely extremely talented and I remember being surprised when I read about his backstory a while back. Dude used to be a full time auxiliary nurse before he got into games :ben: Thats quite the career shift but im glad he realized game development was his calling.

On a side note, I just saw him plug this other indie adventure game on his twitter account. Looks really cool and if he approves of it then its probably worth playing

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I just finished it. That was a hell of a game! :wow2: My score was a 25/27 which got me ending A :smug: Im glad I got you to play it or else I wouldn't have even bothered to try it, Its sooooo much better than what I played of the original and is exactly what a remake should be. I was especially surprised by the connections To The Cat Lady.

The dev is definitely extremely talented and I remember being surprised when I read about his backstory a while back. Dude used to be a full time auxiliary nurse before he got into games :ben: Thats quite the career shift but im glad he realized game development was his calling.

On a side note, I just saw him plug this other indie adventure game on his twitter account. Looks really cool and if he approves of it then its probably worth playing

Ahhh the nursing subplot is very detailed in lorelai, so that makes a lot of sense. It feels more like a personal project. I’ll pretty much play anything he makes or approves. Glad you dug Downfall. It was perfect for getting me back into gaming. 

edit: the callback to cat lady was brilliant! 

• aitch 1