The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

10 hours ago, Jon2B said:

The Desert is much more taxing that's for sure. My GPU usage in the snow levels was 60 -70, desert is max in the open parts.

It’s rough, I got framerate drops into the high teens in some parts of the desert.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jon2B said:

Seems to be a lot of horse riding in red dead 

Understatement of the century lol Sounds like the formula is starting to set in. 

Optional, exploitative horse riding is fine. Forced 10min horse riding at the start and end of every mission, not fun and very poor design. Telling the story in a game purely through long ass horse rides while the player is just holding X/A is disappointing to say the least. 

So I finished Ori and the Blind Forest. Don't even have enough compliments. This is by a long shot the best MS game in yearssssss. It's my favourite and imo the best metroidvania ever. It's pretty much perfect. The simple but heartfelt story, the superb gameplay and controls, some of the best artistic graphics I've ever seen and some truly epic set pieces in a 2d metroidvania! All the World events were amazing. Loved every second. One of this gens 10/10s.

So since buying the 2 months for $2 GP I've played and finished:

- Hellblade

- Crackdown 3

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider

- Ori and the Blind Forest

Still got over a month to go :fella:

But nothing I'm too keen on anymore. Maybe Quantum Break? Only MS exclusive I have yet to play this gen

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

But nothing I'm too keen on anymore. Maybe Quantum Break? Only MS exclusive I have yet to play this gen

It's not perfect but I think it was a great effort. It's without a doubt one of my favorite games this gen, there's really nothing like it. If you're a science fiction fan, like shooters and are interested in time travel you should enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

So I finished Ori and the Blind Forest. Don't even have enough compliments. This is by a long shot the best MS game in yearssssss. It's my favourite and imo the best metroidvania ever. It's pretty much perfect. The simple but heartfelt story, the superb gameplay and controls, some of the best artistic graphics I've ever seen and some truly epic set pieces in a 2d metroidvania! All the World events were amazing. Loved every second. One of this gens 10/10s.

So since buying the 2 months for $2 GP I've played and finished:

- Hellblade

- Crackdown 3

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider

- Ori and the Blind Forest

Still got over a month to go :fella:

I liked Quantum Break 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I thought that part was cool and a good change of pace.

It's there a fov slider ? It was too claustrophobic and I ran out of ammo .

I think ass creed odyssey is the first AAA installment in the franchise. It makes origins feel like a tech demo. The world is massive, the story is far more interesting, and there’s more variety with its gameplay. I love how the ships play a much larger role too. I’m pleasantly surprised by how much I’m enjoying it. I’m sure it gets better later on (only level 16), but I’m already impressed by its scope. I don’t know where Ubisoft can go from here. 

Edit: Athens is amazing! 

Edited by -GD-
  • Upvote 1

Assassins just got to repetitive to me and I knew I had 10s of hours left. I enjoyed what I played of it but it got too bloated.

Red Dead, Im just riding thru the woods, some rando is getting attacked by a wolf. I shot the wolf a few times and it runs away. Get off the horse and walk up to the guy then BAM. I fucking accidentally shot him in the face :D Oops. Seems like a new button press is introduced in this game every mission. 

11 hours ago, Jon2B said:

It's there a fov slider ? It was too claustrophobic and I ran out of ammo .

Im not sure, but it wasn't hard to keep them away, especially since you can use both the flashlight and the lighter. You're also not supposed to just blindly shoot at them. If you can expose them to enough light they'll flip over and showthe bottom of their shell, which is way more vulnerable to bullets.

Edited by Twinblade
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:
  Hide contents

Im not sure, but it wasn't hard to keep them away, especially since you can use both the flashlight and the lighter. You're also not supposed to just blindly shoot at them. If you can expose them to enough light they'll flip over and showthe bottom of their shell, which is way more vulnerable to bullets.

I knew about the light but seems like I was constantly getting ganged up by them. Its over anyway, wasn't terrible just the weakest part of the game so far imo.

20 hours ago, -GD- said:

I think ass creed odyssey is the first AAA installment in the franchise. It makes origins feel like a tech demo. The world is massive, the story is far more interesting, and there’s more variety with its gameplay. I love how the ships play a much larger role too. I’m pleasantly surprised by how much I’m enjoying it. I’m sure it gets better later on (only level 16), but I’m already impressed by its scope. I don’t know where Ubisoft can go from here. 

Edit: Athens is amazing! 

Glad you're enjoying it man! The Greek setting truly is stunning and the amount of variety and depth they've added to the gameplay is incredible. Like you said, I really don't know how they can up this next gen. 

• Like 1