The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, Sabo said:

LOL I ended up buying it like an hour after I made that previous post. Put about 6 hours into it so far and it's not too bad, I'm enjoying it more than Yakuza Like a Dragon at least. 

Some early impressions:

-The Sabbath system seems like it could be interesting once I unlock some more Skills for it. 

-The Mystique and COMP systems look like they could provide some interesting character build setups so I'm looking forward to messing around with these systems as I get deeper into the game.

-The dungeons are pretty bland but I was already expecting that so they're not bothering me yet.

-I've done quite a few of the side quests and I'd say so far they were quick and simple. A lot of them I've been completing as I'm going through the Main Quest so I'm not really going out of way for them. A lot of them are more like Side Tasks instead of Side Quests so they don't really bother me. 

- Story is pretty straight forward so far. Not good, not bad.

- Characters are a bit of a mixed bag. I like Ringo and Saizo, don't really care for Milady and Arrow. Maybe they'll grow on me.

I had no issue with the game at first. You'll know what I mean soon enough when you reach the ultimate filler dungeons. As I've said though, maybe you'll be fine if you avoid them. They're optional but required for the best ending.

Problem with the side quests is they eventually start asking you to go back to previous already cleared dungeons, they're just unnecessary padding. They get worse over time as they require more time investment and the rewards aren't really worth it. 

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

I wasn’t going to play anymore Soul games, but I’ve been having this weird desire to play the Demon’s Souls remake. To be honest, I really haven’t wanted to play anything…except this. Weird. So, it’s downloading. Maybe I’ll hate it (since it’s a lot harder than ER). But who knows. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I wasn’t going to play anymore Soul games, but I’ve been having this weird desire to play the Demon’s Souls remake. To be honest, I really haven’t wanted to play anything…except this. Weird. So, it’s downloading. Maybe I’ll hate it (since it’s a lot harder than ER). But who knows. 

I hope you like it. Might be weird after Elden Ring. 

14 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I actually like the slower pace of Demon’s Souls a lot. But I have no clue wtf I’m doing :D 

Basically your goal is to find shortcuts that leads back to the bonfire and killing a boss. :D 

Also try not to die too often, it makes the game more difficult. I shit you not. It's preferrable that you keep the world tendency as white, you'll get better loot and easier enemies. Black world tendencies makes the enemies tougher, while it does have it's perks, it's still going to make your life harder. 

You might want to read on the world tendency mechanic, it's never explaining in-game anywhere.  

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xmake use of magic, some of those spells are extremely powerful and unbalanced. Soul arrow in particular will be your best friend especially early on.

If you want to be bored by shooting magic spells out of a fgt wand like it's a Harry Potter game, maybe. 

Physical only builds are fine in this game. 

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xmake use of magic, some of those spells are extremely powerful and unbalanced. Soul arrow in particular will be your best friend especially early on.

Ha, that’s what I’ve been using. I’m starting to find short cuts. I just got some cling ring. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

If you want to be bored by shooting magic spells out of a fgt wand like it's a Harry Potter game, maybe. 

Physical only builds are fine in this game. 

Oh I tend to like magic in games. However, I will explore different builds (If it lets me). 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Oh I tend to like magic in games. However, I will explore different builds (If it lets me). 

It won't. You can't reset your stats from what I remember.

Keep in mind I only played the PS3 version. Some things might have change that I am unaware of. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Offt!! Possible Elden Ring arc about to repeat itself here! 

Demons Souls is very different but so so good in it's own way. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Offt!! Possible Elden Ring arc about to repeat itself here! 

Demons Souls is very different but so so good in it's own way. 

I like it a lot! The first main boss was pretty easy (just used fire bombs and a sword). I like how cohesive it all feels. The short cuts are neat too. 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
39 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I like it a lot! The first main boss was pretty easy (just used fire bombs and a sword). I like how cohesive it all feels. The short cuts are neat too. 

It has begun. 

Beware of that bridge with the burning corpses... 

19 hours ago, -GD-X said:

IT'S NOT HARDER WTF. It's as easy as fuck, you can do the same thing as in ER. My god my boi GD will never learn.... 🙄

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

damn, keep going. I give you a tip: stay away off cliffs facing the rolling assholes and ENJOY the way down in Valley of Defilement. The ABSOLUTE GOAT AREA OF ALL GAMES. AND THE BOSSES TOO.

Spoiler

:mjcry: 

Edited by kaz
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, kaz said:

IT'S NOT HARDER WTF. It's as easy as fuck, you can do the same thing as in ER. My god my boi GD will never learn.... 🙄

I’m not terribly far, but it doesn’t feel harder than ER. I thought the lack of save points would make it more difficult, but the short cuts are fine. The prison is pretty dope. Very atmospheric. 

• Upvote 1