The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, Casual said:

Had a great time reading your updates on this one man, what a classic game - wish I could experience again for the first time.

You planning on doing Dark Souls?

Ha…I’m considering it, mainly because I want to see this intricate level design many have raved about. Also, I’m starting to love the From games.

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Ha…I’m considering it, mainly because I want to see this intricate level design many have raved about. Also, I’m starting to love the From games.

Dark Souls metroidvania level design is still the best. 

There's also Bloodborne if you want something a little different. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Dark Souls metroidvania level design is still the best. 

There's also Bloodborne if you want something a little different. 

I liked what I played of bloodborne, but I wish it was 60 fps. Also, it had some odd freezes. I kind of like the fantasy lore of the souls games more. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I liked what I played of bloodborne, but I wish it was 60 fps. Also, it had some odd freezes. I kind of like the fantasy lore of the souls games more. 

I prefer Bloodborne style, personally. But yeah, the shitty 30 FPS hurts the game, a port on better hardware wouldn't hurt.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Dark Souls is so good :wow2: It might actually be my 2nd favorite in the series right behind Demon's Souls.

So far, it’s pretty badass. I wish the graphics were updated, but it’s good enough. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I’m downloading Dark Souls Remastered. After being spoiled with 60FPS with Demon’s Souls, I need those 60 fps on the ps5. I’m curious as to which game will be harder. 

Dark Souls is a logical next step for sure.

Probably the most intricately designed world of the series so you should dig it.

I'd just wait for a (hopefully inevitable) remaster of Bloodborne at this point - 60fps definitely improves the games a lot.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Casual said:

Dark Souls is a logical next step for sure.

Probably the most intricately designed world of the series so you should dig it.

I'd just wait for a (hopefully inevitable) remaster of Bloodborne at this point - 60fps definitely improves the games a lot.

Yeah, I can’t imagine playing 30 fps in this. I just beat a boss. I now have the ability to have multiplayer, but I’m doing this solo. Btw, I’m seeing that sweet level design already. I just unlocked a shortcut back to my save point. 

I haven’t been able to play much Dark Souls. I’ve only beaten 3 bosses (Taurus, Gargoyles and Butterfly).  Still, I’m enjoying what I’ve played (minus the dogs - I hate dogs in From games).. So far, I’m liking Demon’s Souls more, but that may change as I move forward. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I made it through The Depths, and now I’m in Blighttown. This area is something lol. 

At least you're on the remastered. That area ran at about 14fps when it came out.

Just now, Casual said:

At least you're on the remastered. That area ran at about 14fps when it came out.

haha i watched some vids on youtube. bro....no clue how some played it at that framerate. i'm actually going to leave it, so i can get the rusted iron ring. a buddy of mine said the bottom of that area is a nightmare without it.

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

haha i watched some vids on youtube. bro....no clue how some played it at that framerate. i'm actually going to leave it, so i can get the rusted iron ring. a buddy of mine said the bottom of that area is a nightmare without it.

solid idea for sure.

not to hype it too much but you're approaching what I'd say is the best 10-12 hour stretch of the game.

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Casual said:

solid idea for sure.

not to hype it too much but you're approaching what I'd say is the best 10-12 hour stretch of the game.

Man, that was crazy, but fun. I cleared Blighttown and beat that witch. I rang the second bell. I can tell shit is going to go down :wow2:  man, I see why  Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls are so highly regarded. 

edit: my poor flame keeper :mjcry:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im really close to dropping Atomic Heart. The part im at right now is such frustrating bullshit. Every time this game does something cool or interesting it does something thats complete ass right after.....

I honestly don't like the game at all. It's really just a slavoska shock. The overworld fuckery made me quit twice. The only good thing about this game is the magnet collecting resources......... 😑

6 hours ago, kaz said:

I honestly don't like the game at all. It's really just a slavoska shock. The overworld fuckery made me quit twice. The only good thing about this game is the magnet collecting resources......... 😑

I mostly enjoy the linear story missions but yeah, even just getting to them through the open world can be annoying. Im really not sure how they thought that type of design was fun. The constant enemies respawning and attacking you while you're just trying to get from point A to B remind me of Far Cry 2 but even worse.