The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Playstation Tablet said:

Starting Sea of Stars. Hope it really lives up to the good old classic RPGs. 

Starts a bit slow, but gets amazing.

Man Nine Sols is honestly really great. Its unfortunate they went with the cat/furry character designs, because im pretty sure thats the only reason that it never gained traction among mainstream gamers and media. The only reason I even tried it is because of the devs' background making great horror games.

I beat the dumb worm boss and played a few more hours in SO. IDK....this game just feels pretty basic and average. Dated. Its OK, but nothing really stands out. Ill continue playing it because im not playing anything else right now but i could easily drop this and no care much if there was something else id rather be playing atm.

37 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I beat the dumb worm boss and played a few more hours in SO. IDK....this game just feels pretty basic and average. Dated. Its OK, but nothing really stands out. Ill continue playing it because im not playing anything else right now but i could easily drop this and no care much if there was something else id rather be playing atm.

You don't like the game's pacing? Its pretty fast by JRPG standards and always has you moving between different environments and new towns/villages. Most of the dungeons early on are also brief and don't come close to outstaying their welcome. Its a very easy game to play because of how quickly it moves.

I think the pacing is fine i think everything else feels like an average JRPG from PS3 gen

17 hours ago, JonDnD said:

I think the pacing is fine i think everything else feels like an average JRPG from PS3 gen

I would say just keep playing for a bit. You might like it more as you get more characters and unlock more skills. You can do a lot of cool looking shit in the combat.

Flying around and collecting those orbs is fun too and reminded me a lot of Crackdown.

well after over 10 hours I think I finally met my match in Nine Sols :ben: ill keep picking away at this fucker but Im not expecting much.

I do kind of hate how most of the bosses in this game have 2 phases. I feel like im wasting time getting through the first phase just to get my ass handed to me in the 2nd phase and then having to do everything over again.

edit: I beat the boss right after posting this. Maybe I should stop doubting myself so much. I think there might be parallels between my gaming personality and my lack of success with women :ben: 

• Upvote 1
  • dead 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

well after over 10 hours I think I finally met my match in Nine Sols :ben: ill keep picking away at this fucker but Im not expecting much.

I do kind of hate how most of the bosses in this game have 2 phases. I feel like im wasting time getting through the first phase just to get my ass handed to me in the 2nd phase and then having to do everything over again.

edit: I beat the boss right after posting this. Maybe I should stop doubting myself so much. I think there might be parallels between my gaming personality and my lack of success with women :ben: 

Lmfao! :-*

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Lmfao! :-*

:-* 

on a side note I started playing this cartoony souls-like thats on GP. Its actually pretty fun and the lighthearted charm is a nice change of pace, compared to all the serious and dark games in this sub genre

• Upvote 1

So far its been, run thru little open world part to town, fight enemies. Have a few lines spoken at town, run back through little open world area fight the same enemies to get to the next town. Repeat x 6 hours.

Theres nothing else to do outside of that.

Played another hour or so think im about done. Nothing happens in this game. Im still just running though the same areas fighting the exact same enemies for hours on end. I honestly do not see the point of this game. Its boring.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, JonDnD said:

Played another hour or so think im about done. Nothing happens in this game. Im still just running though the same areas fighting the exact same enemies for hours on end. I honestly do not see the point of this game. Its boring.

It’s time for you to play Shadow of the Erdtree. A lot happens there :smoke: 

I was struggling with the first boss in a button masher rpg lmao . I will not be interested in elden ring.

i had to change my whole mindset and rearrange my entire life for a month to finish elden ring. It changed me. And i dont think it was for the better :cat:

I can't do that again lol

• dead 1
2 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Thats unfortunate. I've always been a SO fan since I was first blown away by 3 on the PS2, so I think I just felt at home with what Divine Force was doing.

I liked it at first but know it's just the same shit. I also found a random +63 weapon so I'm one hitting every fodder enemy. 

There is nothing to do in the game. I'm just repeating the same thing over and over in the same places. I finally got to a boss fight and after it was done I just started doing the same thing over and over again.

I'll try it again tomo but if nothing happens that's gonna be a wrap. All.of the towns are the same too. Nothing happens besides a couple lines of dialog.  I think the only side quest I found was early on to find a cat. Like ....that's not interesting at all.

And apparently there is a card game that almost every npc wants to play ( that's all they do) but I don't have a deck to play with. I wouldn't want to play it anyway. 

Super meh 

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Where'd you hear that? I will definitely give it a try if thats the case.

Me saying a week is being hopeful but you can Google their reddit page. Looks like they submitted their build to GoG and it's more or less being tested for bugs and crap and deemed worthy of upload. That's my very dumbed down almost guessing version of it so if I'm wrong my bad however seems like people on reddit genuinely believe it'll be very soon. 

Edit, link

Edited by poopy_butt
  • Upvote 1

Out of curiosity, i checked the MC score for Star Ocean. Its a 69. That is very shocking to me. This is barely a game.  Id compare this game more to Subway Surfers than a JRPG. This is less of a game than walking sims.

Worst "JRPG" i have ever played. Waste of Time / 10

• dead 1