The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Just now, -GD-X said:

Oh yeah! The newest one is the best one. But Cat Lady is an epic start. It’s cool seeing the growth with their games.

I might check them out in the future.

I'm going overseas for a couple months in a few weeks so will be leaving my consoles behind. Will have my Swtich and 'gaming' laptop with me though so will try play stuff I normally wouldn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I might check them out in the future.

I'm going overseas for a couple months in a few weeks so will be leaving my consoles behind. Will have my Swtich and 'gaming' laptop with me though so will try play stuff I normally wouldn't.

Trust me, you’ll love them. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Oh yeah! The newest one is the best one. But Cat Lady is an epic start. It’s cool seeing the growth with their games.

Once you're done with Burnhouse Lane you should check out Detention. I think its up there with Harvester Games' best despite being from a different studio. I just recommend not watching any trailers beforehand as they do spoil a bit too much

https://store.steampowered.com/app/555220/Detention/

30 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Once you're done with Burnhouse Lane you should check out Detention. I think its up there with Harvester Games' best despite being from a different studio. I just recommend not watching any trailers beforehand as they do spoil a bit too much

https://store.steampowered.com/app/555220/Detention/

I had already purchased it. It’s my next game :smoke:

btw, I’m on the final chapter of burnhouse. Mr. Fox was a dope character!

• aitch 1

@Twinblade i beat burnhouse lane. i got such a bad ending because i thought

Spoiler

jenny

was a cunt and deserved to die. i'm re-doing the final part, hoping i get a better ending :D

31 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade i beat burnhouse lane. i got such a bad ending because i thought

Reveal hidden contents

jenny

was a cunt and deserved to die. i'm re-doing the final part, hoping i get a better ending :D

Yeah I thought it was pretty neat how they handled the choices at the end. I can’t remember which ending I got tho.

Not gonna lie, the set piece I just did in hellblade 2 is very likely the most insane thing I’ve seen in a game yet from a technical standpoint. The fact that it also still ran smoothly on my PC just made it more impressive.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah I thought it was pretty neat how they handled the choices at the end. I can’t remember which ending I got tho.

i got a much better ending by just accepting my fate. i wonder what they best ending is. i'm going to youtube it.

edit: the golden ending is so much better. i skimmed through it.

all in all, burnhouse lane was a top tier horror adventure game, with some of the most memorable moments in gaming. 10/10.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Not gonna lie, the set piece I just did in hellblade 2 is very likely the most insane thing I’ve seen in a game yet from a technical standpoint. The fact that it also still ran smoothly on my PC just made it more impressive.

Which one was it?  (spoiler tag it)

And yea man.. this game runs great on PC.  It's using Unreal Engine 5.3.2.0, so this isn't even UE 5.4, which has all of the major performance improvements.  Future UE games are going to look insane :wow2: 

Edited by Remij
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

all in all, burnhouse lane was a top tier horror adventure game, with some of the most memorable moments in gaming. 10/10.

damn bro even I didn’t think you’d like it that much :smoke: on a side note the dev has been teasing his next game. It doesn’t sound like it’s going to be as horror focused, seems like he’s going to be trying something different. But whatever it ends up being it will definitely be worth playing.

• aitch 1
43 minutes ago, Remij said:

Which one was it?  (spoiler tag it)

And yea man.. this game runs great on PC.  It's using Unreal Engine 5.3.2.0, so this isn't even UE 5.4, which has all of the major performance improvements.  Future UE games are going to look insane :wow2: 

Spoiler

The 2nd giant encounter with the tidal waves that come crashing in :smoke:

But yeah ue is a beast. The fact that it works so well regardless of whether it’s being used by a indie studio or a triple A one is impressive. I haven’t even used it in a while and I bet I could launch it right now and make a sick looking scene in no time.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

The 2nd giant encounter with the tidal waves that come crashing in :smoke:

But yeah ue is a beast. The fact that it works so well regardless of whether it’s being used by a indie studio or a triple A one is impressive. I haven’t even used it in a while and I bet I could launch it right now and make a sick looking scene in no time.

Indeed :smoke: 

Finished Hellblade 2. That ending :Jeff:

The game is basically a compilation of inane shit that makes absolutely no sense but the presentation is phenomenal enough that you eventually say fuck it and just accept the game for the amusement park ride it is.

Story and characters are pretty forgettable and I struggled to pay attention a lot of the time because of how underdeveloped everything is, especially since the annoying voices are constantly playing even over the character dialogue.

The combat is practically on rails but like everything else you learn not to hate it because of how stylish and cinematic it is.

So yeah there's not much else to say about the game. Its simultaneously incredibly memorable but also completely forgettable and not very engaging to actually play.

7/10

• Like 1

Finished Hellblade 2 also. 

Last hour by far the best, story actually focuses in and for the first time gives you some sense of purpose and direction and lets a character actually have some form of moment. Shame it literally ends nearly straight after. For the type of game it is it really really needed to have a strong narrative and gameplay to get through the barebones gameplay. 

My fav parts of the game have such simple gameplay yet are still a cool spectacle, game needed more of that and a lot less press up through a pretty corridor. 

Spoiler

Both the walking from pillar to pillar to free the first giant with the fire bursting out tuned to the music and the waves on a beach part. 

The running towards the tornado while crates fall was also cool.

I hated practically every puzzle though, every single one was a drag specifically because it's just not fun moving around in this game. 

All my other thoughts still there but at least it had a stronger finish. The length of the game is truly what it should be, would've lost my mind if this was 8-10h.

6/10 A cool visual experience but not much else. Will be easily forgotten. 

This game is also a major reason of why I say playing games at release (or close) is so important because the ONLY reason this game has any impact at all is it's visuals and technical aspects for the time. If this was exclusive and you're waiting 2 years for it on another system and then play it the game will literally be near pointless as we will see other games which are far better start to look like this.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade Lorelei and the Laser Eyes is a banger. the curiosity got the best of me.

I actually bought it and then refunded it shortly after :ben: Im sure I would like it but I played a little and realized a lot of the puzzle design is math based, and I don't think im in the mood for that type of thing right now.

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I actually bought it and then refunded it shortly after :ben: Im sure I would like it but I played a little and realized a lot of the puzzle design is math based, and I don't think im in the mood for that type of thing right now.

yeah, they are a bit math heavy in the tutorial, but then they change up.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, they are a bit math heavy in the tutorial, but then they change up.

That makes sense. But I also found the game to have some annoying quirks, that I feel could use some tweaking. For example having to use the X icon or <---- to exit out of menus instead of just simply hitting B on a controller. Or when you access a puzzle item like a lock and it zooms into it, the only way to exit that view is to fail/complete the puzzle since you once again can't back out.

I know this is minor stuff but I've seen people on steam complain about it too and a full game of this would annoy me. Im hoping they will patch this kind of thing and make the game more intuitive.