The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

started Metro Last Light. I remember thinking people were overrating this game's graphics but when you're playing it in person it really is something else. This might just be the best looking game this gen.

That was the first game I played on my new pc. I was, and still am, blown away by the visuals.

Finally got around to beating ZombiU today.  I really enjoyed the game.  I'd give it around an 8 or so.  At some point I will go back and try to beat survival mode.

Will beat Pikmin 3 this week then will buy GTA5 or Wind Waker HD....

Edited by Cubeaholic

Finished TLOU, if I had to give it a score it would be 8.5, I didn't like winter very much.

really? Too scripted for you? It was the point in the game where I was like "yup, this game is fucking amazing" but it does push you along a quite a quick pace. There's a lot of urgency to that entire section of the story.

Edited by -CM-

Finished TLOU, if I had to give it a score it would be 8.5, I didn't like winter very much.

really? Too scripted for you? It was the point in the game where I was like "yup, this game is fucking amazing" but it does push you along a quite a quick pace. There's a lot of urgency to that entire section of the story.

Nah it wasn't the scripting, but as retarded as this sounds, I felt it had too much action. I really liked summer the most.

Edited by Powie

playing castlevania LOS , best game of it's genre that i have ever played

lmao god of war :tom:

That's um, that's something to be debated in all honesty.

But one area God of War definitely trumps Lords of Shadow is in the dodging controls.

Lords of Shadow has an inexcusably dumb control layout as it is, but neglecting the right stick and mapping nothing to it felt like some weird design choice right out of the NES era when games would randomly change button standards with every release.

hm you are right

although it never bothered me so far, i actually can dodge pretty fine and better than in GOW...

but yea now that you mention it its retarded lol why isnt it on the right stick, even if it doesnt bother me it seems like the way to go.

and theres nothing to debate

the lore, the characters, the voice acting, the level design , the enemy design , and the details are better than any other GOW or GOW clone i have played.

mind you, i havent played bayonetta but please tell me if there are better games than this cause i would be reaaally amazed. :)

I wouldn't especially say that Bayonetta and God of War are of the same division when it comes to fast-paced action games. Bayonetta is more along the lines of Devil May Cry so it depends how much you like that game.

But interesting that you ask, because on Vanord's twitter (take his opinion how you will) has been talking about this Steam/XBLA game called Marlow Briggs which is very God of War-esque. He infact feels it does GoW better than GoW does it. Anyway, might be worth you checking out, can't be worse than Dante's Inferno.

playing castlevania LOS , best game of it's genre that i have ever played

lmao god of war :tom:

That's um, that's something to be debated in all honesty.

But one area God of War definitely trumps Lords of Shadow is in the dodging controls.

Lords of Shadow has an inexcusably dumb control layout as it is, but neglecting the right stick and mapping nothing to it felt like some weird design choice right out of the NES era when games would randomly change button standards with every release.

hm you are right

although it never bothered me so far, i actually can dodge pretty fine and better than in GOW...

but yea now that you mention it its retarded lol why isnt it on the right stick, even if it doesnt bother me it seems like the way to go.

and theres nothing to debate

the lore, the characters, the voice acting, the level design , the enemy design , and the details are better than any other GOW or GOW clone i have played.

mind you, i havent played bayonetta but please tell me if there are better games than this cause i would be reaaally amazed. :)

I wouldn't especially say that Bayonetta and God of War are of the same division when it comes to fast-paced action games. Bayonetta is more along the lines of Devil May Cry so it depends how much you like that game.

But interesting that you ask, because on Vanord's twitter (take his opinion how you will) has been talking about this Steam/XBLA game called Marlow Briggs which is very God of War-esque. He infact feels it does GoW better than GoW does it. Anyway, might be worth you checking out, can't be worse than Dante's Inferno.

I liked devil may cry, like most of them...The latest one not so much but it's combat was very nice.

Hm i saw some vids of this Marlow Briggs but it doesn't seem to compete with the quality of Castlevania or GoW :( not that its 100% possible to tell without playing but im pretty sure i can tell enough :)

It's pretty cheap though, so when it first starts hitting the sales it might be worth checking out.

Anyway, I knew it would definitely be a game you hadn't heard of, since I only learned about it two days ago.

Little known fact: My only experience with Devil May Cry... was DMC2.

It's one of those series I otherwise never got into because I never got round to it. Latest one looks cool, applied to work there during my second year at uni (didn't get it ;( )

It's pretty cheap though, so when it first starts hitting the sales it might be worth checking out.

Anyway, I knew it would definitely be a game you hadn't heard of, since I only learned about it two days ago.

It's one of those series I otherwise never got into because I never got round to it. Latest one looks cool, applied to work there during my second year at uni (didn't get it ;( )

Lol wtf, go play DMC1 now. DmC is also garbage.

Edited by -SK4-

Lol wtf, go play DMC1 now. DmC is also garbage.

lol maybe in like 2 years. Right now it's between GTA, Earthbound and W101, and I barely find time for any of them.

Plus I play Circle of the Moon in 10 minute bursts.

btw anyone here plays Spelunky?

been addicted to it lately

amazing game

played it a bit

i cant stand games where you have to redo everything if you lose, and i dont mean permadeath cause i love permadeath. but spelunky is a 2D platformer, it doesnt provide me personally with enough variety to keep me motivated :)

but its a reaaally nice game and i can see why people are hooked on it.

maybe if i played it multiplayer i would have a very good time but i torrented it :ben:

Tried out Injustice. I hate this game's buffer system or should I say lack of one. You gotta' mash to get combos to come out a lot of times, makes it really hard to hit-confirm into something if you're doing what you would do in every other fighting game (poking until you get a hit and then confirm into a combo). Can't really do that in this game, you pretty much have to commit to your button presses.