What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, Twinblade said:

Good news regarding Alice in Borderland @-GD-X 

[quote] 

In less than a week since the second season of Alice in Borderland premiered, Netflix confirms that the series has set a new streaming record, making it the most-watched Japanese series on the platform.

Officially dropped on December 22, season two rose to the #1 spot on Netflix’s Global Top 10 list of most-watch series (non-English category) over its premiere weekend

[/quote] 

while it’s not high on the U.S top 10, it’s high everywhere else which appears to be boosting its success.

awesome! i had a feeling that was the case. there were rumors that season 3 started filming after 2.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

Started Witcher Blood Origin and...........................what the fuck is this? :D Absolutely nothing about this show is even recognizable as being from the Witcher universe. It almost feels like it started as an original show but they then went back and re-shot it with a few vague references to The Witcher so they could slap that title on it for views.

But even taken on its own it doesn't seem worth watching at all. I don't think its going to satisfy Witcher fans or people who just want an entertaining fantasy show as it just seems really sloppily put together and not that interesting.

After the first ep I already feel like i've seen more than enough and have no intention of continuing to watch it.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I started watching Andor and I admit the first 2 eps weren't really grabbing me but oh boy does it pick up at the 3rd ep. If it keeps up a similar pace this might end up being my favorite piece of Star Wars media out there.

It’s essentially a 3 episode premier. (Disney released all 3 on the first day) 

It just keeps getting better and better. The arc about 3/4 in is one of my favorites from this year. 

• Upvote 1

I finished Wednesday last night finally. The Burton episodes (first 4) were definitely superior to the latter 4. The plot and writing was mostly YA and I guessed the bad guys early on but man if Ortega doesn’t carry that role HARD. We’re most certainly getting a second season and I hope the writing/plot can improve a bit. 

On 2022-12-31 at 2:30 PM, Ike said:

It’s essentially a 3 episode premier. (Disney released all 3 on the first day) 

It just keeps getting better and better. The arc about 3/4 in is one of my favorites from this year. 

I just finished it. That arc was good but I actually think the show peaked with

Spoiler

The heist and the planning leading up to it which was the highlight for me. Not only was the scenery stunning and atmospheric, but the characters introduced were more interesting and developed than the prison folk. When they started to die one by one that shit really got to my emotions :mjcry: (except the lying cunt who was planning on double crossing them. Screw him)

But most of the storylines were pretty good though and benefitted from what must have been an insane budget. The sets and props were extraordinary.

The weakest part was actually everything involving the senator. The family drama just didn't resonate with me and seemed pretty disconnected from the main plot threads involving the rest of the characters. Maybe this was just setup and she will have a more important role in season 2.

Regardless im excited to see where things go from here, and its been a while since i've been excited about anything Star Wars related.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Alice in Borderland, I came across this video explaining the ending and I think you might find it interesting @-GD-X

Spoiler

It seems to cast doubts on whether or not there is enough story left for a Season 3. The Manga its based on apparently ends at the same point (though there are some key differences).

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Speaking of Alice in Borderland, I came across this video explaining the ending and I think you might find it interesting @-GD-X

Hide contents

It seems to cast doubts on whether or not there is enough story left for a Season 3. The Manga its based on apparently ends at the same point (though there are some key differences).

That was an ownage breakdown! Now, I wish season 3 wasn’t in development lol. 

My biggest criticism of the S2 of Borderland is 

Spoiler

I didn’t like how they montage’d over the last few games. Probably was due to budget or something but there were 12 games there to be shown and I felt cheated when all we got was that 5 minute scene of them beating half of them.