What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

I watched They Cloned Tyrone. It’s like blaxploitation meets sci-fi :D I dug it big time. The cast was excellent (Jamie Fox as a pimp :D ) and the concept was solid. I found the main reveal to be a little predictable, but the little nugget at the end is definitely fun conversation material. 

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I watched They Cloned Tyrone. It’s like blaxploitation meets sci-fi :D I dug it big time. The cast was excellent (Jamie Fox as a pimp :D ) and the concept was solid. I found the main reveal to be a little predictable, but the little nugget at the end is definitely fun conversation material. 

I loved it too. There is a conspiracy theory that a lot of black people believe about the government doing experiments on ghettos, especially distributing illegal drugs. The movie exploited that without coming off political and all 3 main actors did great. I wanted to hate on Boyega but couldn't!

I must admit I fell asleep a bit cause I watched it after a long day at work and don't know if the ending flew over my head, 

Spoiler

Why would Fontaine be surprised to see another clone? He knew they existed already no?

1 hour ago, z,warrior said:

I loved it too. There is a conspiracy theory that a lot of black people believe about the government doing experiments on ghettos, especially distributing illegal drugs. The movie exploited that without coming off political and all 3 main actors did great. I wanted to hate on Boyega but couldn't!

I must admit I fell asleep a bit cause I watched it after a long day at work and don't know if the ending flew over my head, 

Reveal hidden contents

Why would Fontaine be surprised to see another clone? He knew they existed already no?

Spoiler

They were no longer in Glen. That was a clone in LA named Tyrone. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, z,warrior said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

They were no longer in Glen. That was a clone in LA named Tyrone. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Starting s3. Interested in finding out why its so controversial.

It’s mainly the middle. It’s a slog. The flashbacks aren’t the best either. The last few eps are godly, though. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

It’s mainly the middle. It’s a slog. The flashbacks aren’t the best either. The last few eps are godly, though. 

I think I can deal with it. This is still my most enjoyable binge since I first watched Battlestar Galactica, which also had its low points.

I know we're considered to be in the golden age of television, but man there were some epic shows back then too.

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

It’ll probably play WAY better when binged. The weekly wait made each of the weaker episodes seem that much more annoying since they felt like tangents to the main plot. 

The finale is perfection for season 3 though. 

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Loved the church scene. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Haha 2

So a friend had bought extra tickets for Barbie so we got to see it earlier than expected. The concept is dumb as possible but the end result is pretty damn good to be honest. 

I have to say all of the insecure man crying online is a psyopp to sabotage the movie. Yes, the dreaded "patriarchy" word is used multiple times...for comedic effect... by a living toy who roller bladed into the real world. So maybe these grown ass men need to get fucking lives an learn how to please aa woman. 

Edit: I want to add the movie is more about power dynamics than feminism vs the patriarchy. 90% of the movie takes place in Barbie land... Yes Barbie land, so the power dynamics ares reversed. If anything the movie also deals with many topics, toxic male behavior, but also some of the unfair pressure society can put on men. 

I highly recommend as a date movie. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So a friend had bought extra tickets for Barbie so we got to see it earlier than expected. The concept is dumb as possible but the end result is pretty damn good to be honest. 

I have to say all of the insecure man crying online is a psyopp to sabotage the movie. Yes, the dreaded "patriarchy" word is used multiple times...for comedic effect... by a living toy who roller bladed into the real world. So maybe these grown ass men need to get fucking lives an learn how to please aa woman. 

Edit: I want to add the movie is more about power dynamics than feminism vs the patriarchy. 90% of the movie takes place in Barbie land... Yes Barbie land, so the power dynamics ares reversed. If anything the movie also deals with many topics, toxic male behavior, but also some of the unfair pressure society can put on men. 

I highly recommend as a date movie. 

I’ll see it when it’s streamable.

Just now, -GD-X said:

I’ll see it when it’s streamable.

It's honestly a movie I'd rather watch with a crowd. Like I would rather wait for Oppenheimer to watch at home. Barbie is honestly extremely enjoyable. Someone has to be a demon to not like it. 

51 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It's honestly a movie I'd rather watch with a crowd. Like I would rather wait for Oppenheimer to watch at home. Barbie is honestly extremely enjoyable. Someone has to be a demon to not like it. 

Nolan notoriously insists his movies are made to be experienced in a theater. He was pissed when Tenet was available too soon on streaming services. And I would agree, I would have probably liked it more if I saw it on a big screen and with an audience

23 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Loved the church scene. 

David Alan Grier has been money for over 30 years now, I am absolutely flabbergasted why he hasn't gotten more jucier roles for him to ham it up.

This dude was out-hamming Martin Lawrence 30 years ago.

Edited by jehurey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, z,warrior said:

Nolan notoriously insists his movies are made to be experienced in a theater. He was pissed when Tenet was available too soon on streaming services. And I would agree, I would have probably liked it more if I saw it on a big screen and with an audience

I agree with this. Dunkirk in 70mm imax was simply incredible and the best experience i've had watching a movie in a movie theater.

I might watch Oppenheimer sometime soon, but it being 3 hours long is really making me less enthusiastic about it.

• Thanks 1