What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Just now, Cooke said:

Serious? I listened to the album 3 times in a row while on a hike lol it was epic. Did you listen with headphones?

I listened driving on my way home from work.

LOL do you really think there's some tonal frequencies I'm missing?

These are shallower songs, much less atmosphere. I don't really know if this even classifies as prog-rock unless we teleport back to 1998.

And this sure as hell doesn't come close to Godspeed. The singer has less range than late 90's Thom Yorke (who has less range than post-2000 Thom Yorke).

MAYBE I hear where you're getting the Tool-sound, but I don't really listen to Tool.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

Through 6 episodes of Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 2 and I’m enjoying the hell out of it. I love this crew and the adventure of the week format while still keeping the character development serialized. It’s going to be so painful to wait for season three which will be delayed due to the strike. 

Just about finished that digital crabs album. It's really blatant how in the final minute of almost every song, that's when they shift into "Tool" mode.

The latter half of the album sounds like Radiohead's non-electric guitar songs like electioneering,  or Sulk, or Go To Sleep. But much less interesting or fun. They add a dab of At The Drive In.

I have no problem if anybody is derivative, it's just that you literally hear the moments in their songs when they shift into the band they're copying.

On 2023-08-17 at 2:37 AM, z,warrior said:

Only have one more season of Orange is the new Black to finish this now 2 week long on-and-off marathon. 

Having been in jail it reminds me of my time there and how I was around people like the characters portrayed in that show (just opposite genders) unlike those documentaries filming real life prisoners that are all dark and cynical imo… reasonably so, it’s a dark place by nature, but this show somehow captured the highs and lows of being on the inside of it really well.

The girl who wrote it base this on her conviction. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The girl who wrote it base this on her conviction. 

yeah I read about it. Great casting too since the main actress does look like her. And Ryan Murphy originally had the rights to it but couldn't figure out how to execute it.

I finished it, didnt like the ending but this was a 2 week commitment so Im glad its over

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Did a third watch last night. Only comic related movie I've seen more than once since Endgame. It's too good. 

Once I head that the graphics artist working on the sequel were complaining about horrific working hours, and the idea of them promising the second half to arrive early next year sounding basically impossible; some stuff made more sense.

Like that girls' universe looking like the most basic wire-frame artsy drawing combined with watercolor that looks like it was just thrown all over. And how alot of these universes have no reflections or complex shadows. I realized that these guys are having to making these other universes look different for reasons other than artistic.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Once I head that the graphics artist working on the sequel were complaining about horrific working hours, and the idea of them promising the second half to arrive early next year sounding basically impossible; some stuff made more sense.

Like that girls' universe looking like the most basic wire-frame artsy drawing combined with watercolor that looks like it was just thrown all over. And how alot of these universes have no reflections or complex shadows. I realized that these guys are having to making these other universes look different for reasons other than artistic.

Yeah I really loved the movie but to add on to this list of criticisms, I hated how the voice overs were just obviously voice overs. I mean a Spider-Man could be swinging and running and fighting… and his voice sounds like he’s sitting down somewhere, no shortness of breath attempted etc

for the graphics I get the crunch hours during production, but voice overs are usually pre-production phase with American animation so maybe the actors had no vision to work with? I don’t know

Edited by z,warrior
12 hours ago, jehurey said:

Well about 100 artist quit at some point working on the second one. I'm not fully up on the schedule but it was about a 4 to 5 year space between the first two so I assume they worked on 2 and 3 simultaneously so it's not like they expected to make the third one in just a year's time, which I don't think is possible given the length of the movies. 

I know they had to delay the third one because of the strike stuff so that should help the animators a bit I suppose. 

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

watched painkiller on netflix. it's very good, but dopesick just resonated with me more.

I don't want to watch it because dopesick was so good and this just feels like a complete ripoff. 

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

watched painkiller on netflix. it's very good, but dopesick just resonated with me more.

I watched a small documentary on the family and added this show to my watch list since then. Might watch it sooner than later after going through my current list really fast and realizing I added a bunch of duds on there.

• Upvote 1