What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

dude...i can't wait. curb is the greatest comedy ever.  i still watch scene over and over (from last season). shit cracks me up.     

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’ve been considering checking that out for a while. I heard mixed things but the concept is very much up my alley.

I can see why some may not like it. It’s heavily focused on character drama, as the alien invasion slowly unfolds. 

• Upvote 1
On 2023-08-23 at 1:09 PM, jehurey said:

Just about finished that digital crabs album. It's really blatant how in the final minute of almost every song, that's when they shift into "Tool" mode.

The latter half of the album sounds like Radiohead's non-electric guitar songs like electioneering,  or Sulk, or Go To Sleep. But much less interesting or fun. They add a dab of At The Drive In.

I have no problem if anybody is derivative, it's just that you literally hear the moments in their songs when they shift into the band they're copying.

I think they will get better. It's a debut album and it's better than anything I hear on the radio lol. 

4 hours ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Haha came in to post this. Same. Fully caught up now. There are some eye rolling moments but I’m intrigued to see where it goes. 

ha, yeah, some parts are "eh"...but damn, when it does tension, it nails it!

oh, and this japanese girl :wow2:

shioli_kutsuna_as_mitsuki_yamato_invasion_by_realdealluk_detln0v-fullview.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • aitch 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

ha, yeah, some parts are "eh"...but damn, when it does tension, it nails it!

oh, and this japanese girl :wow2:

shioli_kutsuna_as_mitsuki_yamato_invasion_by_realdealluk_detln0v-fullview.jpg

The latest episode, season 2 ep 2 is the worst one. Just kinda boring. Or maybe it’s because I binged it and now have nothing else to watch until next Wednesday. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

The latest episode, season 2 ep 2 is the worst one. Just kinda boring. Or maybe it’s because I binged it and now have nothing else to watch until next Wednesday. 

i'm going to hold off on season 2 (once i finish 1 - i'm near the end). though, i hear 2 is, overall, very good.

Just finished the season 1 finale of Invasion. That was trippy af. I definitely enjoyed it. I just wonder how the writers are going to be able to navigate through their wild, almost tangled, web of sci-fi. 

• Upvote 1

I tried to give Live Action One Piece a shot and unfortunately it’s trash… the anime is way better, I’m just not watching it cause I’m too far behind but I’ve seen a couple eps to know the live action version didn’t even attempt to capture what makes one piece great: the funny bits and action as well as better story. I don’t see a second season happening for it at all

26 minutes ago, z,warrior said:

I tried to give Live Action One Piece a shot and unfortunately it’s trash… the anime is way better, I’m just not watching it cause I’m too far behind but I’ve seen a couple eps to know the live action version didn’t even attempt to capture what makes one piece great: the funny bits and action as well as better story. I don’t see a second season happening for it at all

Doesn't the anime have like 1000 episodes or some shit? Im not surprised it didn't translate well into a 10 episode season.

On 2023-08-20 at 10:47 PM, Twinblade said:

I usually skip most korean dramas but for some reason I was drawn to Mask Girl on Netflix :ben: This show can get pretty crazy and goes in some unexpected directions.

2 eps in. this is one weird fucking show :D

Just now, Twinblade said:

I actually never finished it. I think it really goes downhill towards the end.

O damn :( apparently, the finale is good. I’ll watch the rest and weigh in later. I like the absurdity of if all. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

O damn :( apparently, the finale is good. I’ll watch the rest and weigh in later. I like the absurdity of if all. 

Yeah I think I really enjoyed it up to the 4th (maybe 5th?) ep and then I just lost interest because of the direction the story went in.