What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

20 hours ago, Ike said:

I rewatched Hostel last night since my gf had never seen it, and I actually really like the first two films. Eli Roth is fantastic at atmosphere, cinematography and world building. His dialogue and character development is just plain bad especially in the early sections. I’m going to watch Part 2 with her soon and I think that one is better than the first. 

i liked the third too. it was the weakest in the trilogy, but i liked how they brought the concept to the states. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i liked the third too. it was the weakest in the trilogy, but i liked how they brought the concept to the states. 

Never seen the third but rewatch the other two a lot. I give it a try. The first is my fav but only with the 

Spoiler

real ending where the guy slits his throat on the toilette. I was confused one time watching a stream and it had the "alternate" ending. Where the main character just sits in a train.... :|  so unsatisfying. :| 

• Upvote 1

Pictures of the aftermath of a wind storm that happened yesterday. The walkway of the promenade was taken out and lamps were lost.

IMG-0275.jpg

IMG-0278.jpgThis boat is past its peak

IMG-0279.jpgPart of the broken pier at a shipwrecked boat.

IMG-0280.jpgSee, the White Rock

IMG-0283.jpgThe pier reappeared somewhere on the shore.

IMG-0284.jpgSplit boat crashed on the intact part of the pier.

IMG-0285.jpgThe butt and only the butt of a boat.

IMG-0286.jpgThe part where the pier was bisected.

IMG-0288.jpgAnother wreck and the pier wrecked.

IMG-0289.jpgThe wind was a juggernaut.

IMG-0290.jpgDestroyed.

Edited by Angel Jim
  • Sad 1

I binged the IT crowd last week. Im not that big of a fan of british humor but it was actually pretty funny. I was surprised at how crude and offensive the jokes were. You could tell its one comedy that could never exist in this day and age where so many people are easily offended.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 2

Got my "Well I'm snowed in here so let's roll! Christmas time film collection":

Die Hard 

The Nightmare before Christmas

Alien & Aliens (I tend to watch this around Xmas)

Blues Brothers (An all-time classic)

& Band of Brothers to round it out.

Edit: Fuck it, gonna run the entire gamut of Alien movies. Probably even watch Predator's 1 & 2 

But none of those AvP films  :scust:

15 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I binged the IT crowd last week. Im not that big of a fan of british humor but it was actually pretty funny. I was surprised at how crude and offensive the jokes were. You could tell its one comedy that could never exist in this day and age where so many people are easily offended.

IT crowd own, the laugh tracks make it worse but if you can get over it it's amazing.. You have to watch it with low expectations. Everyone loves the window jumping suicide scene but my fav is:  

4 hours ago, Ike said:

I’ve actually liked Prometheus and Covenant. :ben:

Prometheus is weird at first, you have to rewatch it a few times to understand it.

Covenant though is a fucking masterpiece. Evil android david is the best thing that happened to the alien franchise and everything makes sense after seeing it. Michael Fassbender owns. :bow: 

people that hate prometheus don't know shit

22 hours ago, kaz said:

Prometheus is weird at first, you have to rewatch it a few times to understand it.

Covenant though is a fucking masterpiece. Evil android david is the best thing that happened to the alien franchise and everything makes sense after seeing it. Michael Fassbender owns. :bow: 

people that hate prometheus don't know shit

My favorite is when Roy gets stuck under the table while fixing  a computer :D the disabled episode was funny too.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/black-mirror-bandersnatch-movie-details-five-hours-footage-1202030410/

Screen-Shot-2018-12-24-at-11.36.58-AM.pn

"The most interesting new detail is that “Bandersnatch” reportedly has 312 minutes of footage, which is over five hours. A huge number like that would be ridiculously long for a feature film, but it would make sense given reports that “Black Mirror” is planning a choose-your-own adventure storyline. News first broke on an interactive “Black Mirror” episode in October, and the 312 minute “Bandersnatch” runtime suggests it’s a choose-your-own-adventure movie."

This sounds so cool. :wow: