What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Yeah, I got a feeling that I don't have to rush and buy 6 tickets ahead of time for this one.

Love that music in the trailer, when its playing the main theme. Feels more modern and more epic. I wonder if that is still John Williams.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

The Last Jedi soured a lot of people from the franchise. I don't think it was truly terrible just mediocre with some cool parts mixed in.

I don't think any movie will pass the Avengers though. That had 10 years of hype behind it.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

The Last Jedi soured a lot of people from the franchise. I don't think it was truly terrible just mediocre with some cool parts mixed in.

I don't think any movie will pass the Avengers though. That had 10 years of hype behind it.

I sure do hope we start to have the MCU start deflating. I mean, losing RDJ and Chris Evans has to have some impact.

But also, my hope is..........you can't "expand" the storylines anymore than this. If Marvel starts saying "oh, no there's an even more important species out in the universe and they have an even bigger story" I think the casual movie fan will start losing attention.

To the casual moviegoer, the build up to Thanos was satisfying enough, they may even enjoy the fact that it feels like a video game, where they've gotten to the end boss and beaten him.

If they keep on expanding onto other "bigger bosses" and all these other species, then it starts becoming a chore.........like keeping up with comic books. And I don't care for that.

I doubt there will be a cinematic event on the scale of the Infinity Saga. It felt earned too. Maybe they can get a new big bad like Dr. Doom and use the X-men, but I just don't see it feeling the same.

i tried watching those marvel movies...and i hate them. i think i still enjoy star wars, due to nostalgia from eps 4-6.

i find i'm hating cgi, more and more, the older i get. 

that's why i love joker so much, along with some of the marvel shows on netflix (daredevil and punisher, in particular). nolan's DK trilogy was great too. yeah, he had to use cgi in parts, but it never felt distracting. 

I finally watched High Life. Was the story good? Debatable. However, the acting and atmosphere were stellar. 

This, along with Good Time, and the newly released The Lighthouse have established Robert Pattinson as an A-tier actor. 

Good Time, Alone, will make you a believer. 

12 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I finally watched High Life. Was the story good? Debatable. However, the acting and atmosphere were stellar. 

This, along with Good Time, and the newly released The Lighthouse have established Robert Pattinson as an A-tier actor. 

Good Time, Alone, will make you a believer. 

Good Time is quite good.  Hell, it'd be awesome if they made a movie entirely out of that other douche that came in mid-way through the movie.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Good Time is quite good.  Hell, it'd be awesome if they made a movie entirely out of that other douche that came in mid-way through the movie.

I loved Good Time so much. It made me tense and uncomfortable. 

So last night was the “turning point” in AHS 1984. In the past, that’s when previous seasons would fall flat. However, this week’s (100 overall, btw) owned hard. What a great job keeping the 1984 theme fresh! 

Edited by -GD-
  • Like 2