• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Ike said:

I ALMOST want to get a Disney+ subscription for this. I'm going to pirate it but goddamn it looks fantastic.

Not huge into Star Wars but for a TV show, it looks pretty exemplary. They could have easily passed this trailer off as belonging to the next big SW movie.

53 minutes ago, Ike said:

I ALMOST want to get a Disney+ subscription for this. I'm going to pirate it but goddamn it looks fantastic.

ok, i'm getting the sub. i got chills. boba fett has always been my favorite character. 

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Not huge into Star Wars but for a TV show, it looks pretty exemplary. They could have easily passed this trailer off as belonging to the next big SW movie.

looks awesome! 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

ok, i'm getting the sub. i got chills. boba fett has always been my favorite character. 

Jon Favreau is the show runner too. It looks such high quality. Star Wars will do well with expanded storytelling a tv show can give more so than the new films have been able to. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Ike said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doctor_sleep/

78% with 36 reviews in. Seems the consensus is that if you don't compare it to the original, it's quite good.

yeah, apparently, it's at its best when it does its own thing. i think flanagan was caught in a balancing act of keeping the first film's tone (which is dramatically different than the book), staying as faithful to king's story as possible (which kubrick almost completely ignored in the first movie), while adding his own personal touch. flanagan  directed the haunting of hill house, hush, and oculus, so i'm very confident i will enjoy this movie. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what was going on in the second Episode of Watchmen? Why was the chief of police not dead after being hanged?

who exactly is the guy who played Alfred? And why did he actually burn someone alive?

Edited by Optimus Jim
1 hour ago, Optimus Jim said:

Does anyone know what was going on in the second Episode of Watchmen? Why was the chief of police not dead after being hanged?

who exactly is the guy who played Alfred? And why did he actually burn someone alive?

Are you being legit, or are you just going to post the gif of magneto again?

What are you talking about, that Chief, played by Don Johnson, is dead. When they were bringing him down, it reverts to a flashback.

The lady is dancing with her husband on New Years (don't the exact year), and at 12:00 midnight all of the cops in Tulsa get attacked in their homes by the Seventh Calvary, in an attempt to kill them all.

She survives the attack and wakes up in a hospital, where Don Johnson is there, and tells her that a good chunk of the police force were killed and the police department is basically disbanded.

This is premise for the Tulsa police department to turn into an anonymous, masked militia. For their protection. Some of them end up adopting personas, like comic book heroes, and dress uniquely.

Jeremy Irons' scenes are a bit of a mystery. Most people believe he's Adrian Veidt aka Ozymandias, and he's clearly messing around with some clones. But we don't know that for certain.

He appears to be super smart. Whenever they are celebrating with a cake, that cake appears to show Octopus tentacles, which is a callback to the ending of the comic, that was something Veidt did.

That play is him re-creating the story of how John Osterman became Doctor Manhattan. Don't know why he's doing that.

There's alot of theories because those scenes involving Jeremy Irons have so many weird details.  He rides to that castle in a horse. When the lady was washing his naked body in Episode 1, she says that his inner thighs are raw, which implies that he lives somewhere else, and he rides to that castle constantly.

He appears to be trying to train the clones to act more human, because they think and do clumsy things. But technically, at the end of the Watchmen comic, it was Dr Manhattan who said he was going to away to try and create a more perfect human race.

Spoiler

Do those scenes even take place on Earth?:bena: