Taking bets on Forza Horizon 4's Xbox One X 60 FPS mode

We all know this mode is going to be a locked 60 FPS as PG/Turn 10 always churn out a locked framerate,  so how do you think Playground is going to handle the resolution side of things to attain this?

• 1080p
  • 1440p
  • 1800p
  • Some obscure numbered resolution
  • Dynamic scaling
  • Advanced rendering (sparse rendering/checkerboard etc.)

I'm going with an aggressive dynamic scaler which has a low of around 1440p and a high around 1800p. To maintain a locked 30 FPS at native 4K they've clearly got a performance surplus which mitigates any drops below that threshold so the game is likely averaging in the low 40's. With that said factoring in dynamic scaling they should be able to maintain that threshold for a 60 FPS lock in the low 70's bumping down the resolution when needed in that that 1440p to 1800p range depending on what is going on. I don't see these guys messing around with any kind of checkerboard rendering, they seem to be very much about native renders so it will be interesting to see where this falls. I assume there's no resolution information as of yet because they're currently tuning this for peak operation and don't have a final number yet.

Edited by Legal US Citizen
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, they're not really responding and have no intention to.  They're purposefully derailing the thread.  If you don't care... you don't respond.  I think when someone obviously puts a bit of effort i

Cows and sheepets 60 fps locked-out

How about you fuck off.

He's trying to make a bet he thinks he can win.

He's actually trying to talk about FH4 in multiple ways to MAKE IT SEEM like as if he's talking about multiple games.........even though they only have one game for the year.

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

1080p

i will be playing the 4k/30 fps mode anyhow. 

I will as well but it really depends on what they're able to get out of the 60 mode. If it's 1440p+ I think I'd go that route even though the 30 experience is still smooth with their really good motion blur implementation.

Would you mind cleaning this thread up, those posts above are just retarded. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ramza said:

So basically you want your thread to die. :mj:

Welcome to SW, bitch.

I get dinged for derailing threads and my posts culled yet cows and sheep do it without issue, even worse one of the faggot moderators who culled my posts is participating. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Ramza said:

No one should have their posts deleted for derailing a thread at SW with fanboy shit, no matter how stupid it is.

Can you imagine if I did that with every PSVR thread I've made? lol

Just let it go, man.

It's not even fanboy shit, it's a total lack of participation. Saying "it will probably be 900p" or something would be fanboy shit but still entertaining the topic, saying "Nobody gives a shit" is just shit posting derailing a thread. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Legal US Citizen said:

I get dinged for derailing threads and my posts culled yet cows and sheep do it without issue, even worse one of the faggot moderators who culled my posts is participating. 

Bro....Who are you making this bet with? 

People saying they don't care about the bet is simply because you made a thread bet with no one.