FH4 demo is a go

Ok... this is by far the nicest looking racing game I've ever seen.  God damn.  Runs perfectly smooth too.  

Some benches I just took..

4K Ultra

42836920810_f56f9df41f_o.png

5K completely maxed (above ultra settings)

44596803562_9f001957ec_o.png

The lighting effects are so much better now.. and the headlights finally cast shadows on the other vehicles :wow2: 

I'm gonna test out 4K maxed out and see how it compares to 5K.  I wonder if I can reach 60fps with it?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might download it. Not gonna lie, FH2 was free last month and way more fun than I expected. It’s a lot more than just boring racing.  Reminded me of Midtown madness 3 back in the day. 

The game is so close to release and I have so many other games to play atm that I'll prob give the demo a miss and just wait a little longer to play the actual game. Good to hear such positive impress

Posted Images

Control is much better .

Crashing thru the cement blocks is satisfactory

Graphics are a good bit better than fh2 and 3 . Not a huge leap but better for sure .

Also seems they almost eliminated pop in . Shadows still pop a bit but I didn't noticed any foilage pop 

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Control is much better .

Crashing thru the cement blocks is satisfactory

Graphics are a good bit better than fh2 and 3 . Not a huge leap but better for sure .

Also seems they almost eliminated pop in . Shadows still pop a bit but I didn't noticed any foilage pop 

Yea I just have an original x1 I won a few years ago. I have a 4K tv but that doesn’t matter obviously. It looks a bit more jaggy than 2 but there’s way more effects 

46 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

No , it doesn't 

Absolutely. And with graphical settings that will be higher across the board than the XBX settings. everything from motion blur, reflection quality, foilage density, water reflection quality, and particle quality.

I even downloaded the 28GB demo in about 18 minutes on my computer. With just three clicks, open MS Store, click on the front page banner, and click to download. Smooth experience on the PC, all around.:blessed:

Edited by jehurey
36 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Gameplay is signicantly better tho. One cool thing, I hit a barrier and went straight into a lake. But was able to keep driving. Would have expected to bounce off the sand bags. 

Control/handling seems way way better too. Might be the car tho

Controls better than FH3's offroad for sure.

Driving a Rally Raid Mini on the Australian beach and hitting a pebble and doing a 180 was frustrating af.

In here at least the raid truck from the demo has more weight and can actually go over anything.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Absolutely. And with graphical settings that will be higher across the board than the XBX settings. everything from motion blur, reflection quality, foilage density, water reflection quality, and particle quality.

I even downloaded the 25GB demo in about 15 minutes on my computer. WIth just three clicks, open MS Store, click on the front page banner, and click to download. Smooth experience on the PC, all around.:blessed:

Surprisingly I will say the w10 store handles this one well .

But a 1060 doesn't come close to Xbox X in this game . I get a drops at the beginning of the race regardless of setting and the occasional Forza horizon lock up that happens on Xbox too is harder on my PC .

I absolutely love the demo.  It's great.  I will say though that this restarting after changing some settings is annoying as fuck.. the worst part being that it defaults to YES so if you accidentally click the button you have to wait for the game to restart. lmao.  Now that wouldn't even be so bad if you didn't have to sit through the intro Playground Games and MS Studio videos every time.

Also, why have to repeat the opening race every time?  Once we beat it, why not just start us at the festival and if we want to do it again let us select it.

The graphics (especially the lighting) are definitely better imo over FH3.  It's not the biggest jump in the world though.  Just more refined and the dynamic lighting on the cars from the headlights is really impressive.  I'm so glad that's in.  My only nit-pick with the graphics currently is that I wish they'd give us the option to push the foliage distance out even further.  Some hillsides can look a bit flat because the foliage isn't drawn in yet.  

The controls are nice and tight.  It was TOO responsive in the beginning until I turned all assists off and drivatar difficulty to PRO.  Now it feels perfect :glad: 

44648993511_16f7ae2852_o.png

:bow: 

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

For some reason I get the following issues:

Forza tells me I need to be signed into a Profile, and Xbox Live says it's unable to connect....

try downloading the Xbox (beta) app from the store and see if you can sign in through that one.  Also try signing in to the app before opening the game.

Just now, Remij_ said:

try downloading the Xbox (beta) app from the store and see if you can sign in through that one.  Also try signing in to the app before opening the game.

Yeah tried the App first; let me Re-DL from the App store...

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Here come the PC problems LOL

Nah I know what it was now, when I first got this PC I took all of the programs out that looked like Bloatware, or just unnecessary, and when I saw 'Xbox' on my PC I instinctively removed it. :D

Xbox_Live_Working.png