FH4 demo is a go

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might download it. Not gonna lie, FH2 was free last month and way more fun than I expected. It’s a lot more than just boring racing.  Reminded me of Midtown madness 3 back in the day. 

The game is so close to release and I have so many other games to play atm that I'll prob give the demo a miss and just wait a little longer to play the actual game. Good to hear such positive impress

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

TehDumbloMat has seen the light :-*

I've always liked Forza, never understood the Gran Turismo love - spending hours trying to get Gold on a section of Laguna Seca? :|  Shit son, I just want to race.

But I haven't played Forza since the 360 days in 2012... plus apart from having to reinstall Xbox, this has been flawless. :juggle:

If it wasn't 2:00 AM here, I would get deeper into this.

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I finally got to play it, something has been stuck in my eye for the last 8 hours and I just got it out. This game looks absolutely ridiculous, they've really stepped up their rendering game. People clamoring that the X has no showpiece game, it sure as shit does now. 

It had FH3 and F7 along with Gears 4 and Quantum Break

9 hours ago, Jon2B said:

What GPU do you have?

I'm on a GTX 1050 - 4GB inside a laptop, with 12 GB Ram, and an i5-8300 w/ an SSD and an HDD.

I wanted to continue gaming (the games below my avatar) and needed that option, but also portability; as I'm already planning on going back to the West Coast relatively soon.

So a desktop was out of the question, lest I need to sell it when I leave, lose my shirt on it, or pack it in a crate - but I'm relocating too often to invest in anything serious.

Also, I picked this laptop up for $1000 CAD ($770 US) and very happy with it. Prior to this I was on a netbook :killzone:

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, -GD- said:

i've seen gaming laptops for $800 with the 1060. it seems like the 1060 is the best bang for the buck, if you are cool with 1080p (still a great IQ imo).

Yeah, they certainly exist, but the largest issue I found when researching laptops with 1060's in the 'budget' category was their lack of battery life (still need it to do some work related stuff) and overall build quality. Essentially they cut corners to provide you a 1060.

I looked around for 3-4 months (in fact another generation of Intel CPUs launched in that time) and looked at the games I wanted to run, and decided a 1050 was adequate.

I mean I'm under no illusions that this is somehow going to run Cyberpunk 2077, but if I get a year of solid gameplay out of this, I'll be happy.

Also, by then I should have a more permanent situation and therefore a desktop.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah, they certainly exist, but the largest issue I found when researching laptops with 1060's in the 'budget' category was they're lack of battery life (still need it to do some work related stuff) and overall build quality. Essentially they cut corners to provide you a 1060.

I looked around for 3-4 months (in fact another generation of Intel CPUs launched in that time) and looked at the games I wanted to run, and decided a 1050 was adequate.

I mean I'm under no illusions that this is somehow going to run Cyberpunk 2077, but if I get a year of solid gameplay out of this, I'll be happy.

Also, by then I should have a more permanent situation and therefore a desktop.

that card will hold you over for a while. 

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

that card will hold you over for a while. 

That's just it, and like I said I've only got back into gaming this summer, so my backlog starts from 2016.

I mean my last desktop had a GTX 680 in it - that's how long it's been since I was gaming.

I get Hitman on high/ultra at 30+ FPS, Forza ran at a stable 60 and looks gorgeous :glad:, and my usual suspect of the Total War games run on Ultra without issue.

Edit: Also, I've never been a 'Latest & Greatest' Hermit. Meaning I've never bought a GPU at or near launch - apart from a great deal around  the 8800/Crysis era; I've always waited until the price came down. Then, due to Bitcoin mining, and the frankly ridiculous prices, I just stayed away  for some time, and got productive instead.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

That's just it, and like I said I've only got back into gaming this summer, so my backlog starts from 2016.

I mean my last desktop had a GTX 680 in it - that's how long it's been since I was gaming.

Iget Hitman on high/ultra at 30+ FPS, Forza ran at a stable 60 and looks gorgeous :glad:, and my usual suspect of the Total War games run on Ultra without issue.

man...you picked a great time to catch up on gaming. lots of gems have dropped since 2016. 

Just now, -GD- said:

man...you picked a great time to catch up on gaming. lots of gems have dropped since 2016. 

Yeah man, kind of ridiculous how many titles are out there for me to catch up on.