Blizzard secretly trying to kill Warcraft III's custom games: community goes in uproar

So the custom games in WC3 (DotA 1, TD, etc etc) are alive and well after almost 2 decades. This is because years ago people made "bots" that automatically host custom maps. They even track your stats in the game's servers, and can ban you from their games. So basically an integrated system of hosting instead of Blizz's peer2peer garbage. 

2 days ago a Blizz member posted about a new upcoming Frozen Throne "patch".  Basically the effect would kill the 2-3 bots that have been hosting games  for about 8 years now. For no reason. 

Some suspect that it's being timed to coincide with Blizzcon where they will announce a new WC4. Or they want to kill the communities for some reason, because it's not officially Blizzard.  

In any case, the remaining bots shut down their servers for 2 days out of protest after learning about the patch. And now hundreds/thousands of pissed players are flooding Blizzard's forums about it.   

Will be interesting to see what happens. 

this is what the hermits are worried about, some updates to a game from 1991. :rofl: Master race my ass, mustard race losers who can't afford a console game on PeeC, time and time again i'm hit with this fact. beg for ports to run at 240p on their eMachines mom bought them to type their homework on. Too cheap to pay an online sub, too dumb to play Japanese games so they play Western adhd trash, steal games, and generally have bad taste in everything.

PC is the lowest totem pole of SW, always has been. While Xbox is firmly at the bottom, even with 0 exclusives and no compelling reasons to ever buy one it still rests atop the soft, fat, squishy lard ass of the PeeC definitively at the bottom.

THHBFR.

5 minutes ago, Bodycount NX said:

this is what the hermits are worried about, some updates to a game from 1991. :rofl: Master race my ass, mustard race losers who can't afford a console game on PeeC, time and time again i'm hit with this fact. beg for ports to run at 240p on their eMachines mom bought them to type their homework on. Too cheap to pay an online sub, too dumb to play Japanese games so they play Western adhd trash, steal games, and generally have bad taste in everything.

PC is the lowest totem pole of SW, always has been. While Xbox is firmly at the bottom, even with 0 exclusives and no compelling reasons to ever buy one it still rests atop the soft, fat, squishy lard ass of the PeeC definitively at the bottom.

THHBFR.

HERMIT: care, bodycount chargeing. 

HERMIT: care, bodycount miss mid. 

HERMIT: ss 

HERMIT: SS!!!

[HERMIT has been muted] 

MID: wtf why no one call ss on bodycount thanks asshole i die because of u 

@Bodycount NX Shut the fuck up turncoat :tom: 

Your console is trash, you have no exclusives, your faction disbanded, Xbox is last in sales, MS keeps promoting Phil just to spite you,  and Phil keeps giving you the middle finger right to your face... it's so fucking embarrassing.  How you can even show your face around here is a mystery to me..  It's gonna be great watching you try to crawl back at the beginning of next gen.. :cruise: 

Fuck the Xbox console. :hest:   Xbox is Best on PC™ :juggle: 

51 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

@Bodycount NX Shut the fuck up turncoat :tom: 

Your console is trash, you have no exclusives, your faction disbanded, Xbox is last in sales, MS keeps promoting Phil just to spite you,  and Phil keeps giving you the middle finger right to your face... it's so fucking embarrassing.  How you can even show your face around here is a mystery to me..  It's gonna be great watching you try to crawl back at the beginning of next gen.. :cruise: 

Fuck the Xbox console. :hest:   Xbox is Best on PC™ :juggle: 

stfu asshole.. lemming mod my ass. :pffft: @Cookester15

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bodycount NX said:

THHBFR.

Judging by your response your lemshit brain isn't even remotely able to comprehend what this thread is even about. take a seat idiot. 

Posted by Sam

Whats the contact for your US legal representative? I'll have my lawyer straighten this out quickly.

I am sure Blizzad doesn't want a lawsuit based on this. I want to speak with someone in charge about this.

A subpoena to Activision to get your information then a quick trip to the Federal Courthouse to file and it's on. Don't think I am bluffing either. You're destroying everything the community has built, and you'll suffer just as bad as you're making the community suffer.