• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The handling is perfect in this game. Oh and cross-country >>>

I just beat Tomb Raider. 99.2%.  I can't find the other .8%

At least, the physics are.  Handling wise, it reminds me of Dirt 3, arcadey but firmy planted in reality. The soundtrack is just as good as FH3 if not better. I've been listening to Hor

44 minutes ago, -GD- said:

damnnnnn son!

Yea.  I've been racing a lot.. and also getting a fuck ton of those influence boards along the way.  I'm also playing getting 90% more difficulty bonus credits depending on the race because I'm playing on the hardest driveatar difficulty and all assists off except rewind.. which I'm mostly only using for danger signs to get the best line I can.. and the odd driveatar which decides to fuck me over.  (I still find the driveatar difficulty to be unbalanced between race types)

It's kinda neat because there's some bonus boards which are completely seemingly impossible to get, but you need to unlock more danger signs to get the one that might get you to where you need to be to get it.  So it's promotes trying out all the different danger signs, and speed traps/zones to keep unlocking more.

Also, gotta remember each car has their own perk trees which you can unlock to build up points and get more exp/credits during races if you use that car... so that promotes getting good with the cars you choose and actually race with them instead of simply defaulting to a couple cars here or there.  I mean, you can still totally do that, but in this one it feels like each car has a bit of it's own progression.

The houses unlock things like fast travel, skill songs, double Forzathon points, and certain barn finds.   It's much better than FH3 in that regard.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.  I've been racing a lot.. and also getting a fuck ton of those influence boards along the way.  I'm also playing getting 90% more difficulty bonus credits depending on the race because I'm playing on the hardest driveatar difficulty and all assists off except rewind.. which I'm mostly only using for danger signs to get the best line I can.. and the odd driveatar which decides to fuck me over.  (I still find the driveatar difficulty to be unbalanced between race types)

It's kinda neat because there's some bonus boards which are completely seemingly impossible to get, but you need to unlock more danger signs to get the one that might get you to where you need to be to get it.  So it's promotes trying out all the different danger signs, and speed traps/zones to keep unlocking more.

Also, gotta remember each car has their own perk trees which you can unlock to build up points and get more exp/credits during races if you use that car... so that promotes getting good with the cars you choose and actually race with them instead of simply defaulting to a couple cars here or there.  I mean, you can still totally do that, but in this one it feels like each car has a bit of it's own progression.

The houses unlock things like fast travel, skill songs, double Forzathon points, and certain barn finds.   It's much better than FH3 in that regard.

That’s awesome bro! Be careful you don’t burn on the game though. That is what happened with me and part three. I did way too much too quickly.

• Like 1
Just now, -GD- said:

That’s awesome bro! Be careful you don’t burn on the game though. That is what happened with me and part three. I did way too much too quickly.That’s awesome bro! Be careful you don’t burn on the game though. That is what happened with me and part three. I did way too much too quickly.

:D 

Indeed.  I think I'll be alright though :smokefro:

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Back in this mofo :smoke: no more distractions. 

Pro tip - use My Horizon Life to easily pick and choose the discipline you want to improve and focus on.

You go to the map screen, and then press start and it will bring up all different disciplines in the game.. you click on whichever you want and it will take you back to the map and only show races/events that affect that discipline.

It's so much better than fucking around in the map disabling all the icons that you don't want to see or enabling the specific ones you do want to see.

So for example I bring up the map, press start to open My Horizon Life, and then pick "Cross Country Series" I'll only see Cross Country races on the map and any championship races pertaining to them.  Same with things like "Danger Signs" "Speed Traps" ect ect.  "Explorer" for bonus boards.. ect.

It makes it much easier to just focus on what you want to do instead of seeing a billion icons everywhere. :fblike: 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Pro tip - use My Horizon Life to easily pick and choose the discipline you want to improve and focus on.

You go to the map screen, and then press start and it will bring up all different disciplines in the game.. you click on whichever you want and it will take you back to the map and only show races/events that affect that discipline.

It's so much better than fucking around in the map disabling all the icons that you don't want to see or enabling the specific ones you do want to see.

So for example I bring up the map, press start to open My Horizon Life, and then pick "Cross Country Series" I'll only see Cross Country races on the map and any championship races pertaining to them.  Same with things like "Danger Signs" "Speed Traps" ect ect.  "Explorer" for bonus boards.. ect.

It makes it much easier to just focus on what you want to do instead of seeing a billion icons everywhere. :fblike: 

Ownage!!

4 minutes ago, bhytre said:

This is one of the finest games ever made, not even shilling it plays so damn well and looks amazing :dame:

Yep.   It's so fun to just drive around.  The feeling of hitting a perfect corner at high speed while drifting on dirt tracks in this game just feels amazing.  Also, I love the tracks with lots of elevation changes.  That's what I always loved about FH3's Blizzard Mountain expansion.  You had this huge mountain which was just amazing to drive down or up.  Especially at sunrise or sunset.. you get this gorgeous vista.  Then hitting those corners going down made it so fun.  I loved it more than the base game for that reason.  The base map was awesome for sure, but it just didn't have any real depth.  FH4's is much better... and I can't wait to free roam this map in the Winter :wow2: 

9 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Just don't freeze to death in those mountains , XboxRemiji. lmfao :laff:

Do you guys play manual or automatic? 

Anyone using a steering wheel? 

Turned off some assists feels even better now lawdy  :bate:

I've always used manual . Besides that I just leave the assists to whatever they are at default .

12 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Just don't freeze to death in those mountains , XboxRemiji. lmfao :laff:

Do you guys play manual or automatic? 

Anyone using a steering wheel? 

Turned off some assists feels even better now lawdy  :bate:

I wont :hest: 

I play a mix depending on the race type, sometimes manual, sometimes automatic.  And yes I use a wheel.

All assists off feels perfect.  Turn that shit off and learn to feather the brakes and accelerate properly.  Your entire driving game will improve because of it :smoke: 

• Alphonse★ changed the title to The Super Official Forza Horizon 4 Thread